Announcement

Collapse

Glory Seed Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

These daily devotionals are brought to you by Gary Piper, a writer with our Sister Site, Natural Spirit Ministries. TheologyWeb encourages you to visit and support their site.... they have many informative articles which can be discussed right here. If you enjoy Gary Piper's devotionals, please send him an encouraging note or post. We are very appreciative of our partnership with Natural Spirit Ministries and look forward to many more co-ventures.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Glory Seed Devotional, 2017.02.22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glory Seed Devotional, 2017.02.22

Glory Seed Devotional’s, 2017: Anticipating and Experiencing Jehovah-Jireh...
    To the edge of time and back!
    Shalom!

During the course of my life I have been from the furthermost edge of life to the edge of death, from the furthermost edge of happiness to the edge of despair. Standing atop a spiritual mountain I have beheld the awesome power of God. Standing in the lowest valley I have beheld the awesome power of Satan. I have stood in the light of health and in the shadow of infirmity.

And I now stand at the threshold of time and my body and soul questions, “Are you friend, or are you foe?” Patiently I wait as the power of time continues its uncompromising trek across the pages of my life. Soon my voice echoes back and my question is unanswered. A second time my body and soul hungers and thirsts for answers and another question is asked, “From where do you come and to where do you go?” Again my question returns unanswered.

Suddenly I am gripped by fear as helplessness closes in on me and as the great abyss of time spreads out before me. And I begin a journey of hope; hope that when time comes to an end there will be another beginning. I hear my voice asking, “Time, what power do you hold over me?”

There is silence. Suddenly I am gripped by an unseen power and I am taken to a mountain higher and wider than time. Now standing at the threshold of eternity I can see that here is where time began and here is where it will end. Then from out of nowhere a hand reaches out and touches mine. I can feel its roughness; I can see the imprints of nails. And suddenly I hear the voice of Jesus booming across the vista of time, “Time is but a passing season and has no power on you. For in me time had its beginning and in me is its ending.”

And all eternity falls silent except for the sound of my heart beating. “Please Lord don’t let go of my hand,” I hear myself asking.

“I never will,” and gently ever so gently he sets me down and as I open my eyes I find myself back in the world from which I just left. It’s the same old world except for one thing, me, I’m not the same. Somehow I have been mysteriously lifted above the burdens of the day, somehow my spirit has been renewed, refreshed. As I rejoin life I look forward to the next brief journey to the edge of time. I can still feel the hand of Jesus in mine.

Now it’s your turn, close your eyes and let the Wings of the Spirit take you to the threshold of time and beyond, to very threshold of eternity. Go ahead take the hand of Jesus and say, “Jesus I am here,” then in your imagination go with him for a little while, the world will be here when you get back. Go on, don’t wait another minute, and don’t waste another heart beat what have you to lose other than your soul and the peace that passes all understanding.

“So let us come boldly to the throne of our gracious God. There we will receive his mercy, and we will find grace to help us when we need it most.”**

Grace and PEACE,
    Gary
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you would like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: Glory Seed Devotional Blog.

If you would like inspirational music playing as you read this Glory Seed may I suggest clicking on this link: http://www.abidingradio.org/listen/

“Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Wheaton, Illinois 60189. All rights reserved.”

**Hebrews 4:16, NLT
widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X