Announcement

Collapse

Amphitheater Guidelines

In the Amphitheater we sit back and share a good song, offer a movie review, discuss sports, or anything in entertainment and family enjoyment.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: here
Steam Group: here

Thanks!
See more
See less

Favorite Pixar movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite Pixar movie

What's your favorite, and why?

For a long time, it was Monster's Inc. for me. And that's still one of my favorite animated movies, easily. But after rewatching Toy Story 3 recently, I think I'd have to give it to that one. It's hard to believe that a movie about a bunch of action figures could make the audience teary-eyed with its emotional weight, in addition to some genuinely creepy (Big Baby) and badass elements (a teddy bear mob boss? Brilliant!). I think making a third Toy Story was a risk, especially given the fact that the ending of 2 could have served as a perfectly adequate end to the series, but they really knocked it out of the park with 3.
    I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

I'd say the Toy Story series, but Tangled is really good, and what I saw of Big Hero 6 was great.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
      I'd say the Toy Story series, but Tangled is really good, and what I saw of Big Hero 6 was great.
      Big Hero 6 is really great.

Some others that come to mind:

Up is of course great.

I thought Cars was mostly boring, although my 2-year old son loves Mater.

The Incredibles would probably be the only one that realistically competes with Monster's Inc and TS3, but other than that, I can't think of a single animated movie that's on the level of those. I thought Inside Out was ok, but I didn't get all the praise for it being the best Pixar movie.
      I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
        Big Hero 6 is really great.

Some others that come to mind:

Up is of course great.

I thought Cars was mostly boring, although my 2-year old son loves Mater.

The Incredibles would probably be the only one that realistically competes with Monster's Inc and TS3, but other than that, I can't think of a single animated movie that's on the level of those. I thought Inside Out was ok, but I didn't get all the praise for it being the best Pixar movie.
        Up, and Incredibles* are both fantastic. Cars was just boring. I did like Monsters Inc, and Monsters University. Frozen was really overrated, and Tangled was really underrated. I almost never hear anything about it.

*ETA: They are working on a sequel last I heard. Let's hope they can do it justice like they did with the Toy Story sequels.

Comment

The Incredibles, Nemo, and Wall-E
          That's what
          - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
          - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
          - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Up. That film tells an entire sixty years and doesnt say a word and makes the most out of what adventure is and can be.
            Tangled is pretty good to as is beauty and the beast but they are not pixar.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
              Tangled is actually Disney Animation proper and not through the Pixar studio. It was their first 3d princess venture.

"Fire is catching. If we burn, you burn with us!"
              "I'm not going anywhere. I'm going to stay here and cause all kinds of trouble."
              Katniss Everdeen

Christ our Passover has been sacrificed for us. Therefore let us keep the feast.

Comment

I must admit, despite being not one of the highlights of Pixar, the Cars film is definitely a movie that is my favorite.

Being somewhat of a motorhead myself, that movie appeals to all those things. Music definitely is to my liking (I must admit, I developed a liking for Country Music in all of it's variations), plus I definitely like those stories where the protagonist is at times the antagonist himself.

Which is why Cars 2 made me irk so much.... and here's to hoping Cars 3 will deliver. ^_^
                Ladino, Guatemalan, Hispanic, and Latin, but foremostly, Christian.
                As of the 1st of December, 2020, officially anointed as this:

"Seinfeld had its Soup Nazi. Tweb has its Taco Nazi." - Rogue06 , https://theologyweb.com/campus/forum...e3#post1210559

Comment

Originally posted by thewriteranon View Post
                  Tangled is actually Disney Animation proper and not through the Pixar studio. It was their first 3d princess venture.
                  They did a great job making it feel like it was a Pixar film then. I'll just have to move it under the list of favorite 3D Disney movies.

Comment

Toy Story 3

Comment

Ratatouille - but "Remi's Delicious Restaurant" had better dialogue.
                      1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                      ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                      Scripture before Tradition:
                      but that won't prevent others from
                      taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                      of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment