Announcement

Collapse

Glory Seed Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

These daily devotionals are brought to you by Gary Piper, a writer with our Sister Site, Natural Spirit Ministries. TheologyWeb encourages you to visit and support their site.... they have many informative articles which can be discussed right here. If you enjoy Gary Piper's devotionals, please send him an encouraging note or post. We are very appreciative of our partnership with Natural Spirit Ministries and look forward to many more co-ventures.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Glory Seed Devotional, 2017.02.23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glory Seed Devotional, 2017.02.23

Glory Seed Devotional’s, 2017: Anticipating and Experiencing Jehovah-Jireh...
    Sometimes we can learn a lot from an OPPS!
    Shalom!

OPPS! Did you catch my blunder? I didn’t until it was to late! In case you didn’t catch it I put today’s date on yesterday’s Glory Seed! I’m not sure what I was thinking or how I come to use the wrong date but I did. And now I am not only red faced but also a little smarter now. How can making a mistake with dates make me smarter? One way is I need to make a mental note to review each one before pushing send.

There’s also another lesson that may be a little more important, when I said yesterday was today didn’t make yesterday today. In other words saying something does not make it so. If I were to hand you a nice juicy red apple and say, “here have a bite of this orange,” you’d probably give me that “this guy is a few pickles shy of a quart” look. In case you’re not sure where I am heading let me clue you in, no matter what someone else says you are does not necessarily make you what they say you are.

The “world” is quick to label us, “He’s to old.” “She’s to fat.” He’s to slow.” “He’s a few pickles shy of a quart.” “God couldn’t love me.” “I must be dumb.” “If only I was as good looking as they are” And the labels go on and on, but here’s the cold hard facts. No one, not even you know the true you, only God knows the true you. Only God knows your true potential and God is hard at work doing whatever He can to bring your true self and true potential to the surface for all to see.

The apostle Paul gives us these instructions in how we can get out of God’s way as he brings our true self and potential to the surface. “Because of the privilege and authority God has given me, I give each of you this warning: Don’t think you are better than you really are. (I always add don’t sell yourself short either.) Be honest in your evaluation of yourselves, measuring yourselves by the faith God has given us.” (Romans 12:3, NLT)

While it’s true none of us are the same as we were in years past it’s also true we will continue to be God’s greatest miracle. God will continue to pour the Holy Spirit into our lives in order to bring out the true us and our true potential. Don’t let anyone else including yourself tell you any different!

“So let us come boldly to the throne of our gracious God. There we will receive his mercy, and we will find grace to help us when we need it most.”**

Grace and PEACE,
    Gary
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you would like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: Glory Seed Devotional Blog.

If you would like inspirational music playing as you read this Glory Seed may I suggest clicking on this link: http://www.abidingradio.org/listen/

“Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Wheaton, Illinois 60189. All rights reserved.”

**Hebrews 4:16, NLT
widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X