Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Tillerson and Kelly visit to Guatemala and Mexico.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tillerson and Kelly visit to Guatemala and Mexico.

Well considering Mr. Trump won't dignify himself to visit south of the border, might as well welcome the Secretary of State and Secretary of Homeland Security, at least they have more coherent propositions than what the Donald has said:

https://www.dhs.gov/news/2017/02/20/...ala-and-mexico

Will see how it goes, and curious to hear you all regarding this latest turn of events.
    Last edited by Andius; 02-24-2017, 12:31 AM.
    Ladino, Guatemalan, Hispanic, and Latin, but foremostly, Christian.
    As of the 1st of December, 2020, officially anointed as this:

"Seinfeld had its Soup Nazi. Tweb has its Taco Nazi." - Rogue06 , https://theologyweb.com/campus/forum...e3#post1210559

Originally posted by Andius View Post
    Well considering Mr. Trump won't dignify himself to visit south of the border....
    Well why would you say that? Trump has not gone north of the border either, or to any other country. And during the campaign the only country he actually did visit was Mexico.
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

what turn of events?

Comment

Well considering Mr. Trump won't dignify himself to visit south of the border, might as well welcome the Secretary of State and Secretary of Homeland Security, at least they have more coherent propositions than what the Donald has said:

https://www.dhs.gov/news/2017/02/20/...ala-and-mexico

Will see how it goes, and curious to hear you all regarding this latest turn of events.
        To be fair he has only been in office a month.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Will see how it goes
          So very good to see you, sir!
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
            Well why would you say that? Trump has not gone north of the border either, or to any other country. And during the campaign the only country he actually did visit was Mexico.
            True, and the planned visit to Mexico was canceled. And now that you mention it, perhaps it is best that actually stay in the USA, considering the protests he might incite JUST for coming this side of the river.... (George Bush Jr. had that effect on his visit here... heh).

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
            what turn of events?
            Uhm... that the U.S. Government is actually taking steps to start laying out the framework with neighbors? Especially considering Tillerson and Kelly basically have had to recur to damage control, especially considering Trump's hotheaded management style?

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            To be fair he has only been in office a month.
            True true.

"Seinfeld had its Soup Nazi. Tweb has its Taco Nazi." - Rogue06 , https://theologyweb.com/campus/forum...e3#post1210559

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              So very good to see you, sir!
              ¡You as well! Always a privilege to greet one of Texas' greats!

Comment

True, and the planned visit to Mexico was canceled. And now that you mention it, perhaps it is best that actually stay in the USA, considering the protests he might incite JUST for coming this side of the river....
                Why would he incite anything? Because he wants to follow the law of our land?
                Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Why would he incite anything? Because he wants to follow the law of our land?
                  I think you know full well it's more complicated than that. His proposed 25% tariff for Mexican imports, for instance, would be extremely detrimental to Mexico's economy.
                  "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                    I think you know full well it's more complicated than that. His proposed 25% tariff for Mexican imports, for instance, would be extremely detrimental to Mexico's economy.
                    Well the President of the United States should put American workers first. You don't think Mexico looks out for their workers first?

Comment

Who cares? Mexico literally acts like it's entitled to violate American sovereignity whenever they feel like it (they've gone as far as to send attack helicopters against border patrols)

It's Mexico who's been doing all the inciting and previous presidents, along with a complicit media, has swept it all under the rug. Trump is not inciting anything (if anything Trump is also too soft, I'd have militarized the border and threatened war by now, as would have the bulk of world leaders prior to the current Age of Insanity), he's responding to an assault launched by mexico in cooperation with treasonous neocons and progressives.
                      "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Well the President of the United States should put American workers first. You don't think Mexico looks out for their workers first?
                        You implied that Mexicans shouldn't have any reason to be upset about his policies
                        "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

You implied that Mexicans shouldn't have any reason to be upset about his policies
                          Well sure they can be upset but it is a double standard.

Comment

Well sure they can be upset but it is a double standard.
                            I don't think it is, given that the average Mexican citizen probably had nothing to do with those undertakings by their government, but will be hurt by the tariff. It's like what Trump said the other day about the US: "Do you think America's so innocent?"

Comment

I don't think it is, given that the average Mexican citizen probably had nothing to do with those undertakings by their government
                              Mexico isn't a dictatorship, it's a democracy and a more direct one than the US. The average Mexican is perfectly happy with their government's policies because so far they've been benefitting from them. If Mexico is punished and their economy starts to tank they'll probably change their tune, which is why it's imperative to make the Mexican government pay for their actions.
                              "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment