Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Media: it's our job to control what people think

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
    *shrug*

When dealing with existential threats like your evil, all-corrupting ideology it is entirely appropriate.
    So you’re saying that the ends justify the means; the average Muslim terrorist would agree with you. But in in a Constitutionally based society, such as the USA, the whole notion of rule by law means that, in general, the ends do not justify the means. The right to due process of law limits the means by which the government can achieve ends. This is what Trump has yet to realise. Fortunately we have freedom of the press and the MSM to hold this reckless buffoon to account.
    “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
      So you’re saying that the ends justify the means; the average Muslim terrorist would agree with you.
      Not likely, his ends don't justify the means since his ends are evil, like yours. The ends only justify the means for people like me, not you or Osama.

But in in a Constitutionally based society, such as the USA, the whole notion of rule by law means that, in general, the ends do not justify the means. The right to due process of law limits the means by which the government can achieve ends. This is what Trump has yet to realise. Fortunately we have freedom of the press and the MSM to hold this reckless buffoon to account.
      There are many blatantly unconstitutional laws on the books, pretty much all of them passed by liberals in the name of some moralistic crusade. You've made a laughingstock of the constitution a long time ago, that piece of paper no longer means anything to anyone sane or well informed.
      "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Not likely, his ends don't justify the means since his ends are evil, like yours. The ends only justify the means for people like me, not you or Osama.
        Tsk, tsk! "Judge not, that ye be not judged” - Matthew 7:1-5

There are many blatantly unconstitutional laws on the books, pretty much all of them passed by liberals in the name of some moralistic crusade. You've made a laughingstock of the constitution a long time ago, that piece of paper no longer means anything to anyone sane or well informed.
        So, in your opinion, laws on the books that you don’t like are by definition “unconstitutional”, even when they have been ruled constitutional when tested in the courts. Gotcha!
        “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

So, in your opinion, laws on the books that you don’t like are by definition “unconstitutional”, even when they have been ruled constitutional when tested in the courts. Gotcha!
          Tsk, tsk.

You shouldn't quote scripture when you don't understand the context.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Did you forget the rest of the verse? The one that makes it clear that:

a) You are, in fact, to judge, the warning is only against hypocritical judgement.
            b) It does not apply to judging you anyway since you are not my brother.

It has nothing to do with whether I like them or not. There are plenty of laws I don't like that I consider constitutional. The Supreme Court does not have the authority to rewrite the constitution.
            "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

Comment

It has nothing to do with whether I like them or not. There are plenty of laws I don't like that I consider constitutional. The Supreme Court does not have the authority to rewrite the constitution.
              Supreme Court does have the authority to interpret the Constitution, that's its role. It's not your role.

Comment

Supreme Court does have the authority to interpret the Constitution, that's its role. It's not your role.
                "The duty of the Supreme Court is to apply the law as written and to refrain from imposing upon the law the ignorant view points of the justices."
                -Thomas Jefferson

"Atheists do not have the intellectual capacity to comment on matters of state."
                -Benjamin Franklin

"The water in Australia is poisoned. It makes all Aussies retarded."
                -Dr. Arnold Massinger, Health Minister, Australian Department of Interior

I have to admit, the whole debate thing has gotten quite a bit easier now that Darth Executor has convinced me it is okay to lie.
                Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

Tassman,
                  My apologies if I polluted your train of thought.
                  I had to play off your post to give Darth Executor a beat down.

Take Care,
                  Meh Gerbil
                  Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

Dang. He is starting to sound like you.

Comment

Originally posted by Meh Gerbil View Post
                      Tassman,
                      My apologies if I polluted your train of thought.
                      I had to play off your post to give Darth Executor a beat down.

Take Care,
                      Meh Gerbil

When will you learn the beatings only go one way?

BTW this is what it's like to have a modern Christian as an ally. Thank God you're too inept to actually do any damage.
                      Last edited by Darth Executor; 03-01-2017, 11:31 AM.

Comment

Interpret =/= rewrite. If the Supreme court "interpreted" the first amendment to guarantee them 50% increases in their paycheck nobody in their right mind would say that yes, that's what the constitution says and the Supreme Court has the right to raise their paycheck that way.

Comment

BTW this is what it's like to have a modern Christian as an ally. Thank God you're too inept to actually do any damage.
                          I also learned from you that I can judge and pass out punishment.
                          Just applying what I've learned.

Comment

I also learned from you that I can judge and pass out punishment.
                            Just applying what I've learned.
                            To enemies. Are we enemies? Let me know so that I can adjust my behavior appropriately.

Comment

To enemies. Are we enemies? Let me know so that I can adjust my behavior appropriately.
                              I view it more as a teacher/student relationship.
                              Try to pay attention for the rest of today lesson, grasshopper.

Comment

I view it more as a teacher/student relationship.
                                Try to pay attention for the rest of today lesson, grasshopper.
                                I don't like where this is going, the last time I had to correct my teacher so many times I got an F.
                                Last edited by Darth Executor; 03-01-2017, 12:21 PM.

Comment