Announcement

Collapse

Rec Room Guidelines

In the Rec Room we share jokes, interesting stories, and speculate about trout's manties. Serve up some Spam in many different flavors and sizes, and just take some time off from study and have fun.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorm, now would be a good time. Forum Rules: here
See more
See less

The ABC's of Mythical & Fictional Creatures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nanafushi (Mantis demon)

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Odontotyrannus (huge 3-horned beast encountered by Alexander the Great)

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Peteu (huge bird that devoured livestock)

Comment

• Quantum Cat (great cat caught somewhere between alive and undead -- paging Dr. Schrödinger)

Comment

• Pal Rai Yuk (a.k.a., Păl-raí-yûk: 6-legged furry serpent with crocodile-like head & usually multiple tails)

ETA: Dang that was supposed to be R
            Last edited by rogue06; 10-02-2018, 05:00 AM.

Comment

• Ramidreju (green weasel with long body & boar-like snout)

Comment

• Saimyōshō (a.k.a.,"poison insects of hell": swarms of demon bees)

Comment

• Tsuchigumo (giant spider with humanoid face)

Comment

• Uruk-hai (surprised that one's not been used yet)
                    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                    sigpic
                    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                      Uruk-hai (surprised that one's not been used yet)
                      There are still a few fairly well known ones that haven't been named yet.

Comment

• Vila (a.k.a., Samodiva: Slavic woodland fairies or nymphs)

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                          There are still a few fairly well known ones that haven't been named yet.
                          For instance...

Wyvern (2-legged dragon with a stinger tail)

Comment

• Xanka (construct designed for clean up)

Unfortunately the only image has been deleted or on a page no longer existing and even the Wayback Machine or Google cache is no help

Comment

• Yeomet (trash-eating quadruped capable of digesting nearly any matter)

Comment

• Zburător (flying Romanian incubus, normally appears as wolf-headed dragon)

Comment