Announcement

Collapse

Apologetics 301 Guidelines

If you think this is the area where you tell everyone you are sorry for eating their lunch out of the fridge, it probably isn't the place for you

This forum is open discussion between atheists and all theists to defend and debate their views on religion or non-religion. Please respect that this is a Christian-owned forum and refrain from gratuitous blasphemy. VERY wide leeway is given in range of expression and allowable behavior as compared to other areas of the forum, and moderation is not overly involved unless necessary. Please keep this in mind. Atheists who wish to interact with theists in a way that does not seek to undermine theistic faith may participate in the World Religions Department. Non-debate question and answers and mild and less confrontational discussions can take place in General Theistics.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Not true Christians?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where'd Roy go? Does he know that no one(I hope) on Tweb would agree with that cult? Every Christian here would highly oppose such abuse. Sadly, spiritual abuse is a thing. I don't know why people would hurt others like this, but I do know justice will be served one day. And it's best to repent while there is still a chance.
    If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Originally posted by Meh Gerbil View Post
      When I lived in the south I ran into more than one 'preacher' who bragged about having absolutely no education beyond High School.
      Some of the small towns tucked up into the hills are very scary places.
      I was glad to leave that region of the country.
      There's nothing scary about only having a high school education. The highly educated are far more dangerous than any redneck who flunked grade 10 math could ever hope to be.
      "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post

Female pastor? Definitely not Christian.
        Or she is a Christian with bad reading comprehension.
        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

A Christian would not falsely claim that God will strike people down for disagreeing or speaking out about abuse. A Christian should never condone/command physical/verbal abuse.

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
            A Christian should never condone/command physical/verbal abuse.
            Well, this stuff is wrong - but I would not have a problem with spanking your own kid if he/she misbehaves.
            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
              Well, this stuff is wrong - but I would not have a problem with spanking your own kid if he/she misbehaves.
              That's different. Unless you are doing it hard enough to cause actual tissue damage.

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
                That's different. Unless you are doing it hard enough to cause actual tissue damage.
                I think most liberals would consider spanking as abuse...

Comment

I think most liberals would consider spanking as abuse...
                  It is a controversial subject and I'm not to keen on the idea considering certain psychological studies. It should never be done before two or after seven. Babies and young toddlers can't understand why you are punishing them and older children can be reasoned with. I think iit might be okay for a situation like if a five year old keeps darting out into traffic after being told not to. In that case, a spanking would be better than the kid getting hit by a car. Spanking should also never be the only tool of discipline.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
                    There's nothing scary about only having a high school education. The highly educated are far more dangerous than any redneck who flunked grade 10 math could ever hope to be.
                    They saw the lack of an education as a qualification.

You may think that sounds like a good thing (1) but I don't expect you've sat through a sermon on 'Adam's Seed' where the preacher spoke at length about how it was important for Adam to spread it about the garden so that it would grow. Yes, he thought Adam had a hand full of corn, barely, and so forth that needed to be planted. The south doesn't have uneducated people as much as it has really freakin' dumb people.

NOTES
                    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    1: We both acknowledge that our society is rife with people educated into stupidity.
                    Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

The south doesn't have uneducated people as much as it has really freakin' dumb people.
                      You haven't spent much time in the backwaters of Maine, have you....

Comment

Do they brag about being stupid there as well?
                        Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

Do they brag about being stupid there as well?
                          No, they just are. Well stupid in some areas, but quite good at surviving, hunting, fishing, living off the land, etc....

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
                            I would dare say they are not true Christians (Matthew 7:16.)
                            . . . the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; . . . -- Romans 1:16 KJV

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1 KJV

Comment

Can we get back to the horrible cult?

Comment

Reminded me of the back woods of Wisconsin and Michigan the last time I was in Maine. Salt of the earth people, just... different priorities. And cammo.
                                "Down in the lowlands, where the water is deep,
                                Hear my cry, hear my shout,
                                Save me, save me"

Comment