Announcement

Collapse

Apologetics 301 Guidelines

If you think this is the area where you tell everyone you are sorry for eating their lunch out of the fridge, it probably isn't the place for you

This forum is open discussion between atheists and all theists to defend and debate their views on religion or non-religion. Please respect that this is a Christian-owned forum and refrain from gratuitous blasphemy. VERY wide leeway is given in range of expression and allowable behavior as compared to other areas of the forum, and moderation is not overly involved unless necessary. Please keep this in mind. Atheists who wish to interact with theists in a way that does not seek to undermine theistic faith may participate in the World Religions Department. Non-debate question and answers and mild and less confrontational discussions can take place in General Theistics.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Not true Christians?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not true Christians?

Here
    Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
    MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

From all over the world, they flocked to a tiny US town in the foothills of North Carolina's Blue Ridge Mountains, lured by promises of inner peace and eternal life.

But what they eventually found turned out to be more sinister: Years of terror – waged in the name of the Lord.

Congregants of the Word of Faith Fellowship were regularly punched, smacked, choked, slammed to the floor or thrown through walls in a violent form of deliverance meant to "purify" sinners by beating out devils, 43 former members told The Associated Press in separate, exclusive interviews.

Victims of the violence included pre-teens and toddlers – even crying babies, who were vigorously shaken, screamed at and sometimes smacked to banish demons.
    I don't know, is this how Christ or the New Testament writers taught us to act?
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

I believe those crazies belong to us.
      "Down in the lowlands, where the water is deep,
      Hear my cry, hear my shout,
      Save me, save me"

Comment

Originally posted by guacamole View Post
        That may be, but I don't know where they get their New Testament justification for such behaviors.
        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
          That may be, but I don't know where they get their New Testament justification for such behaviors.
          No where. The pastoral staff is probably a mix of charlatans, liars, hucksters, frauds, and gullible fools. The congregation are abused, though credulous, believers who will leave the church en masse.
          "Down in the lowlands, where the water is deep,
          Hear my cry, hear my shout,
          Save me, save me"

Comment

Lets just say the leaders of that "church" are in for a big lecture on Judgement Day if Jesus does in fact give lectures. Of the you were a terrible disciple sort. I would not wish to be in their shoes.
            If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
              Lets just say the leaders of that "church" are in for a big lecture on Judgement Day if Jesus does in fact give lectures. Of the you were a terrible disciple sort. I would not wish to be in their shoes.
              The words you do NOT want to hear...

Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Comment

The words you do NOT want to hear...
                Agreed. I was merely positing the best case scenario. Maybe if those jerks repent now and make amends? Even then, I don't think they have much chance of ever getting any rewards(assuming they somehow actually are saved, otherwise they'd better get saved before it's too late)..

On reading the article, why doesn't God ever strike down the jerks that claim God will strike down people who report abuse? What a horrible cult!
                Last edited by Christianbookworm; 02-27-2017, 10:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
                  When I lived in the south I ran into more than one 'preacher' who bragged about having absolutely no education beyond High School.
                  Some of the small towns tucked up into the hills are very scary places.
                  I was glad to leave that region of the country.
                  Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

Originally posted by Meh Gerbil View Post
                    I was glad to leave that region of the country.
                    Did any one ask you to squeal like a pig?

Comment

Only God knows what is in their hearts, but you'll find no justification for that behavior in the Bible.
                      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

That "church" had so many cult red flags, I can't even count them all. Protip, if you would not want God to treat you in the way you are treating others, you may want to repent. Immediately.

Comment

Originally posted by guacamole View Post
                          Some perhaps. Not the leaders though. "By their fruits . . ."
                          Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Congregants of the Word of Faith Fellowship were regularly punched, smacked, choked, slammed to the floor or thrown through walls in a violent form of deliverance meant to "purify" sinners by beating out devils, 43 former members told The Associated Press in separate, exclusive interviews.

The AP also spent more than a year tracking down dozens of former disciples who scattered after leaving the church. Many initially were reluctant to break their silence because they had hidden their pasts from new friends and colleagues – and because they remain afraid of Whaley.
                            First rule of fight club: you don't talk about fight club.

In the past, Whaley has strongly denied that she
                            Female pastor? Definitely not Christian.
                            "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
                              On reading the article, why doesn't God ever strike down the jerks that claim God will strike down people who report abuse? What a horrible cult!
                              There's a payday someday. And it's coming.
                              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment