Announcement

Collapse

Apologetics 301 Guidelines

If you think this is the area where you tell everyone you are sorry for eating their lunch out of the fridge, it probably isn't the place for you

This forum is open discussion between atheists and all theists to defend and debate their views on religion or non-religion. Please respect that this is a Christian-owned forum and refrain from gratuitous blasphemy. VERY wide leeway is given in range of expression and allowable behavior as compared to other areas of the forum, and moderation is not overly involved unless necessary. Please keep this in mind. Atheists who wish to interact with theists in a way that does not seek to undermine theistic faith may participate in the World Religions Department. Non-debate question and answers and mild and less confrontational discussions can take place in General Theistics.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Not true Christians?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    Only if she married Mr. T.
    Whoa! Dee Dee married mr. T?

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
      He got it right then, and He will get it right in the future.

And you will pray for the rocks to hide you and you WILL bow your knee and proclaim Him Lord, whether you want to or not. And you will be judged by Him for your unbelief.

Good luck.
      Well perhaps, in due course, the Almighty will allow you to pause from praising him in order to gloat at my eternal suffering in the Lake of Fire. Won't that be fun.
      “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
        Well perhaps, in due course, the Almighty will allow you to pause from praising him in order to gloat at my eternal suffering in the Lake of Fire. Won't that be fun.

You would think it's gloating. That also shows your blindness and ignorance of grace.

I grieve for your lost condition.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
          You would think it's gloating. That also shows your blindness and ignorance of grace.

I grieve for your lost condition.
          Beware of the deadly sin of Spiritual Pride in your assumption that you'll get to heaven.
          “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

Beware of the deadly sin of Spiritual Pride in your assumption that you'll get to heaven.

Have it your own way.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Has nothing to do with pride. It has to do with trust.

Comment

It is a fundamental principle of Christianity that Salvation is by grace through faith, so we don't boast at all. Your ignorance of spiritual things is astounding.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                  It is a fundamental principle of Christianity that Salvation is by grace through faith, so we don't boast at all. Your ignorance of spiritual things is astounding.
                  Huh. Apparently admitting that you are as helpless to save yourself as the helpless trapped child that a firefighter rescues is prideful now? Since the Church is the Bride of Christ, and Jesus died to save the Church, does that make all Christians be like the damsel in distress that needs saving?
                  If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

It is not pride but anguished humility that leads one to realize that without God we are doomed.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                      I don't know of a single Christian that would "gloat" at the eternal loss of a single soul. It certainly won't be fun. You obviously have a very twisted sense of 'fun'.

(Mossy, was it your Dad whose favorite song was "the 90 and 9"?)
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                        I don't know of a single Christian that would "gloat" at the eternal loss of a single soul.
                        Darth?
                        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• All other religions are about doing something to earn salvation. Christianity is about trusting in Jesus for salvation, for it was finished on the cross nearly 2000 years ago(it's not the 2030's yet!)
                          If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                            I don't know of a single Christian that would "gloat" at the eternal loss of a single soul. It certainly won't be fun. You obviously have a very twisted sense of 'fun'.
                            Amen.

(Mossy, was it your Dad whose favorite song was "the 90 and 9"?)
                            Nope. He had many favourites, but I don't recall that one as being one of them.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheWall View Post
                              It is not pride but anguished humility that leads one to realize that without God we are doomed.
                              With or without such escapist beliefs one dies and rots...as do all living things. But you’re entitled to believe this stuff if you want, provided it doesn't interfere with the real world.

My main objection was Mossy’s indifference to future generations re the consequences of global warming, because of her faith-belief that this earth is only temporary anyway and will give way to the new creation “of which I am already part”

IOW: “I’m alright Jack”, let the earth die because of my beliefs, you're on your own.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                                If I end up in heaven I plan on pelting you with lit firecrackers.
                                If I end up in hell I plan on dunking your head in the molten lake of fire.
                                Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment