Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Transgender boy (girl?) wins Texas hish school wrestling championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
    There is a problem here of Discrimination, Equal Rights and Civil Liberties, which are Constitutional issues and again if it was up to some states they would likely still have slaves, and feudal labor practices.
    Gender segregation in sports is already discrimination, idiot. You are arguing that you can't discriminate while discriminating.
    "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

The Baha'i view is a spiritual law forbidding homosexual acts ONLY. Letters from the Universal House of Justice are clear and specific. The Baha'i Faith does not advocate laws discriminating against homosexuals nor Transgenders in the secular world.

Also the Transgender issue is absolutely not an issue in the spiritual laws of the Baha'i Faith concerning homosexuality, and in reality not the subject of this thread.
      No hypocrite, you accuse people like me of holding a Puritan Victorian view, yet your belief system is just Puritanical when it comes to homosexual behavior.
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

There is a problem here of Discrimination, Equal Rights and Civil Liberties, which are Constitutional issues
        So do you therefore advocate that there should be no segregation in sports teams, and women should compete against men? Because that does seem to be the logical conclusion.

and again if it was up to some states they would likely still have slaves, and feudal labor practices.
        What does this claim have to do with anything?

Comment

Beware of seer's warped view and selective citations concerning evryone or anyone who does not believe as he does. This includes anything concerning science.

The Baha'i view is a spiritual law forbidding homosexual acts ONLY. Letters from the Universal House of Justice are clear and specific. The Baha'i Faith does not advocate laws discriminating against homosexuals nor Transgenders in the secular world.

Also the Transgender issue is absolutely not an issue in the spiritual laws of the Baha'i Faith concerning homosexuality, and in reality not the subject of this thread.
          What the heck is a "spiritual law"? The Baha'i view on homosexuality is that it's a "handicap" (as Shoghi Effendi calls it), a disease in need of a cure. Something that is "abnormal". "Disgracing to the Cause". Bahá'u'lláh calls homosexual acts "satanic deeds". Effendi goes on to say that through the help of doctors, strong determined efforts, and prayer, that homosexuals should focus on reversing their "affliction" (his words), and that "If after a period of probation you do not see an improvement, he should have his voting rights taken away."

Comment

THe wrestler, of course, did not want to compete against girls. The treatments were medically legal and accepted under the Texas athletic guidelines.
            And yet a male taking testosterone for medical reasons can receive a multi-year ban if his testosterone levels are too high but a female can take as much as her body can handle. Seems like an open and shut case of a double standard discrimination.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Terraceth View Post
              So do you therefore advocate that there should be no segregation in sports teams, and women should compete against men? Because that does seem to be the logical conclusion.
              No, the birth certificate criteria for gender is flawed based on the modern science of gender. The contestant should be able specify his or her gender based on the contestants gender physiology and medical determination.

What does this claim have to do with anything?
              Advocating that it is the 'states rights' to make this determination is the problem. The same as the claim of 'states rights' issues in the South to determine the legality of slavery, feudal labor practices based on race, discrimination, and arbitrary separation by race for everything from marriage to public access. The question of discrimination and equal treatment for all minorities including homosexuals and transgender individuals, would be a Constitutional issue of equal rights and civil liberties, and not the prerogative of the state to make arbitrary decision.
              Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
              Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
              But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post
                The problem occurs in this instance because the "boy" in question is a biological girl, but is receiving hormones (i.e. testosterone) that increases his strength and muscle mass giving "him" an unfair advantage over the non-transitioning girls that "he" is wrestling against. Of course the other girls (mostly their parents) are protesting that it's an unfair advantage (which it is) for someone on male hormones to be allowed to compete against girls.
                Correct! Therefore he should be competing with other boys. Obviously!
                “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post
                  So, in your opinion, Beggs should have to choose whether to continue with transitioning and not competing, OR halt the transitioning hormones in order to continue competing?
                  Precisely. It sucks for Beggs, but sometimes one has to make those hard choices.
                  "[Mathematics] is the revealer of every genuine truth, for it knows every hidden secret, and bears the key to every subtlety of letters; whoever, then, has the effrontery to pursue physics while neglecting mathematics should know from the start he will never make his entry through the portals of wisdom."
                  --Thomas Bradwardine, De Continuo (c. 1325)

Comment

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                    Correct! Therefore he should be competing with other boys. Obviously!
                    Since the majority of adolescents grow out of Gender-Dysphoria by adulthood; http://www.jaacap.com/article/S0890-...abstract?cc=y=
                    Perhaps it is not a good idea to load these kids up with testosterone, and wait until adulthood...
                    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

No, the birth certificate criteria for gender is flawed based on the modern science of gender. The contestant should be able specify his or her gender based on the contestants gender physiology and medical determination.
                      Yet you will reject modern science when it comes to homosexual behavior. Hypocrite...

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                        Since the majority of adolescents grow out of Gender-Dysphoria by adulthood; http://www.jaacap.com/article/S0890-...abstract?cc=y=
                        Perhaps it is not a good idea to load these kids up with testosterone, and wait until adulthood...
                        In this example the contestant is 17 years old and therefore biologically adult. In any event, according to the conclusion of your link, the Gender-Dysphoria individuals that do grow out of it revert to homosexuality, which those of your ilk are also not OK with. In short, those who are not heterosexually oriented are not acceptable in your world.
                        “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                          In this example the contestant is 17 years old and therefore biologically adult. In any event, according to the conclusion of your link, the Gender-Dysphoria individuals that do grow out of it revert to homosexuality, which those of your ilk are also not OK with. In short, those who are not heterosexually oriented are not acceptable in your world.
                          The point is Tass Gender-Dysphoria is not an immutable condition, at least in the majority of cases. And we should not shoot these kids up with testosterone or hormones. Wait until they are 18 or even above. And I'm sure the "girl" in question has been getting pumped with testosterone for a while now, when she was much younger.

Comment

That is the stupidest thing I have heard.

ScreenHunter_.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                              That is the stupidest thing I have heard.
                              The sad thing is that too many on the left buy into this insanity.

Comment

He should be allowed to compete against other boys. Simple.

Male brain with female genitals is male. Conversely, a female brain with male genitals is female. The body is not the same as the being. Christians know this.
                                “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                                “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                                “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment