Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

What Would The Atheist Rather See?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Would The Atheist Rather See?

Islam Set To Overtake Christianity As Most Popular Religion, While US Population Also Rapidly Growing

http://www.ibtimes.com/how-many-musl...ile-us-2498931
    If you had to choose between a world largely populated by Christians or one largely populated by Muslims - which one would you pick and why?
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Answer seems pretty obvious to me since most atheists happily undermine Christianity and either defend Islam or pretend they're the same. There are a few exceptions (IE: Dawkins) and some apatheists are coming around but for the most part that trend still holds.
    "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
      Answer seems pretty obvious to me since most atheists happily undermine Christianity and either defend Islam or pretend they're the same.
      I have seen that a lot on the left, I wonder what our atheists here think...
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Answer seems pretty obvious to me since most atheists happily undermine Christianity and either defend Islam or pretend they're the same. There are a few exceptions (IE: Dawkins) and some apatheists are coming around but for the most part that trend still holds.
        This is perhaps one of the most logic defying things I've witnessed in American politics.

Given that members of Islam are literally throwing homosexuals off roof tops in Iran - the desire to import as many of these bigots as possible and to give the practitioners every possible break is amazing to me. The guy who puts someone to death for being a Christian must be imported in as great of numbers as possible but the Christian who doesn't sell a cake has to be destroyed at all costs. I can make no sense of it.
        Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

Originally posted by Meh Gerbil View Post
          This is perhaps one of the most logic defying things I've witnessed in American politics.

Given that members of Islam are literally throwing homosexuals off roof tops in Iran - the desire to import as many of these bigots as possible and to give the practitioners every possible break is amazing to me. The guy who puts someone to death for being a Christian must be imported in as great of numbers as possible but the Christian who doesn't sell a cake has to be destroyed at all costs. I can make no sense of it.
          It is cognitive dissonance, like when the Obama administration was in bed with the Muslim Brotherhood...

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
            If you had to choose between a world largely populated by Christians or one largely populated by Muslims - which one would you pick and why?
            That would largely depend on the type of Christian and the type of Muslim about whom we're talking. Sure, I'd rather have your typical American Christian be more prevalent than your typical ISIS Muslim; but I'd also rather have your typical American Muslim be more prevalent than your typical Lord's Resistance Army Christian.

Omersimplified question is oversimplified.
            "[Mathematics] is the revealer of every genuine truth, for it knows every hidden secret, and bears the key to every subtlety of letters; whoever, then, has the effrontery to pursue physics while neglecting mathematics should know from the start he will never make his entry through the portals of wisdom."
            --Thomas Bradwardine, De Continuo (c. 1325)

Comment

It is cognitive dissonance, like when the Obama administration was in bed with the Muslim Brotherhood...
              I think there is an important lesson to be learned here (for the Christian).

The important lesson is that when people are guided by a desire for power over with a willingness to do whatever it takes to get and maintain that power then those people become susceptible to this sort of hypocrisy. Obviously, Obama was using his ties to the Muslim Brotherhood to tweak the religious right. The 'pain' caused to him by Christians hurt more than the pain of some anonymous dude taking a header off a hotel in Iran. The quest for power is so distorting that even homosexuals are willing to embrace Muslims in the wake of the Pulse shooting - it blinds them to the suffering of others and the consequences of actions. It is revenge/power grab cloaked in the dress of compassion. (The AGW crowd is guilty of the same, as are their opponents)

However, a person who takes a stand based on power under (serving people, adherence to values) wouldn't be susceptible to this sort of dissonance. Because the person isn't seeking power over he has the luxury of admitting the truth of the situation even when not politically expedient.
              Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Pythagoras View Post
                That would largely depend on the type of Christian and the type of Muslim about whom we're talking. Sure, I'd rather have your typical American Christian be more prevalent than your typical ISIS Muslim; but I'd also rather have your typical American Muslim be more prevalent than your typical Lord's Resistance Army Christian.

It's not really oversimplified, there aren't enough of the latter to be a serious concern, except when trying to pretend the two are basically the same (see my post for details on how atheist liberals do this constantly).
                "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Pythagoras View Post

How about a Christian who takes the teachings and example of Christ literally as opposed to Muslims who take the teachings and example of Mohammed literally?

Comment

How about a Christian who takes the teachings and example of Christ literally
                    Define literally. I know what you mean, but it's not a good term to use here seer.

Lords Army Resistance would say they do so, as would the Word of Faith Movement, and Dominionist Christians.

At the end of the day, even if they're liberal, I think just about anyone would prefer the world, with Christians like you compared to Muslims like those in ISIS. But that's trivial. I would also prefer to be surrounded by moderate Muslims, then I would want to be in a Word of Faith cult. A hundred thousand times more even.

Comment

Originally posted by Meh Gerbil View Post
                      I think there is an important lesson to be learned here (for the Christian).
                      I think the first lesson for Christians is that many of these people are traitorous Christians themselves (see Leonhard above). And it's not limited to liberal Christians either.

Comment

Even the most "normal" peaceful muslim is way more conservative socially than a conservative Christian.

Even if they are saying "we are only letting peaceful muslims in who appreciate American Society" they are still importing people that politically and socially are way more conservative than Christians, while at the same time wanting to shut down and control Christians living in the USA.

Do they WANT Christian and Muslim conservatives to get together politically and wipe the dumbass liberals out?

Comment

I think the first lesson for Christians is that many of these people are traitorous Christians themselves (see Leonhard above). And it's not limited to liberal Christians either.
                          Traitors to what, exactly?

Comment

No matter what country you are in, the world hates Christians because it hates Christ.

We will always be more hated than anybody because of Jesus.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                              No matter what country you are in, the world hates Christians because it hates Christ.
                              We will always be more hated than anybody because of Jesus.
                              I dunno, mossrose, I think most of the heat we get today is earned.

Comment