Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

What Would The Christian Rather See?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Thinker View Post
    This assumes that those lines in the Bible are inspired by Yahweh.
    For the sake of the argument is doesn't assume this at all.
    I was defining a Christian view using their own textbook.

You aren't following along with the line of thought in this thread.
    You're just flailing out in anger at any target you can find.

That's okay (I've been there myself) but I don't care to entertain that much longer.

Originally posted by The Thinker View Post
    Not all Christians agree with the Biblical perspective and you have no right (or reason) to assert that your interpretation is the correct one.
    Asserting A <> !A is the foundation of logic.
    You cannot be a Christian and toss out basic Christian teaching.

You might be a decent person.
    You might make an excellent Club Sandwich.
    You might even be rational.

However for the term 'Christian' to mean anything it has to have a definition and those that fall outside the definition simply ain't it.
    Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

• Originally posted by The Thinker View Post
      I've answered his question directly.
      If you say so.

But "sure" isn't an answer, and your later answer pretty much did the exact opposite (Answer that question without making your atheism evident.) so that sounded evasive. And your other comments in the thread seemed a bit snide (your picture of Jesus knocking at the door, "To stupid people smart answers look like dumb ones. " etc)

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        If you say so.

But "sure" isn't an answer, and your later answer pretty much did the exact opposite (Answer that question without making your atheism evident.) so that sounded evasive. And your other comments in the thread seemed a bit snide (your picture of Jesus knocking at the door, "To stupid people smart answers look like dumb ones. " etc)
        Well look, on a site filled with trollish behavior I have to engage on that level sometimes.

However, I did directly answer the question of how I have value without making my atheism evident. Isn't that what I was asked to do? Am I being blamed for answering the question as it was intended?

So what's the issue now?
        Blog: Atheism and the City

If your whole worldview rests on a particular claim being true, you damn well better have evidence for it. You should have tons of evidence.

Comment