Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Complaints about millenials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ana Dragule View Post
    Mine was for dual reasons, though I was genuine in that question. I really do think that a lot of this discussion has been very immature. Name-calling is so... elementary school? Spending time pointing out others flaws to one's own group is... I don't even know.

A lot of this discussion I have seen about millenials and snowflakes seems fruitless. Those is speak up in contradiction to the sentiment of a thread against millenials are laughed off, ignored, insulted, etc. Do not those of us who take responsibility for our lives and actions also deserve respect? [I expect someone will make a joke or something in that line doing just that.] I've seen a number of threads like this, and I am really disappointed in the community that this has become.
    I tend to agree. I've seen things along the lines of "todays generation is full of snowflakes who need safe spaces from everything.
    A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
    George Bernard Shaw

Comment

To be fair, the millenials work ethic improves greatly after they've had several children out of wedlock.
      The last Christian left at tweb

Comment

Trout is absolutely savage. I might have to rethink my gerbil alliance.
        "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Sure it may be bothersome to be a babyboomer parent who taught things like responsibility to their kids and then hear about babyboomer parents failing to teach responsibility and such to millenials, but it is just as bothersome to millenials who along with their friends do take responsibility and aren't just snowflakes and then hear stuff like this about our generation. If generallizing babyboomers in that way is bad, maybe we shouldn't be doing that to millenials either.

I just read an article about how millenials have higher rates of anxiety, depression, and personality disorders and also grew up with less time to develop a strong bond with a care-taker, more daycare, less parental involvement, and were raised with different approaches to parenting than the generation(s) before.
          I'm a millennial--currently 27. I take responsibility, I'm not a snowflake, and I do actually have some fairly serious issues with anxiety, depression, and even a personality disorder. I have more friends in my age group to which that sentence applies than I do to which the opposite would apply.

I usually find the talk about millennials being immature, entitled, snowflake-y, etc. pretty funny, and I'm a part of the target audience. Maybe I'm an extremely atypical millennial, or maybe aggressive political rhetoric has jaded me, but I don't see what the big deal is.
          I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
            I'm a millennial--currently 27. I take responsibility, I'm not a snowflake, and I do actually have some fairly serious issues with anxiety, depression, and even a personality disorder. I have more friends in my age group to which that sentence applies than I do to which the opposite would apply.

I usually find the talk about millennials being immature, entitled, snowflake-y, etc. pretty funny, and I'm a part of the target audience. Maybe I'm an extremely atypical millennial, or maybe aggressive political rhetoric has jaded me, but I don't see what the big deal is.
            We can make you an honorary X-er.
            Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

Just think sixty years from now I might think things were better in these days because of nostalgia.
              An interesting question when does concern turn into micromanagement and paranoia?
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Meh Gerbil View Post
                Anyone who throws a sentence out there like 'ALL X DO Y' must be doing it for comedic effect.
                As in, "ALL <who throw a sentence out there like 'ALL X DO Y'> DO <it for comedic effect>"?

FWIW, I'm sure you did

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
                Millenial/boomer bashing is funny. I'm a millenial and I do it all the time. Stop being a square and join in.
                Really? I honestly thought you probably were a grumpy man in his 60s or something. I apologize for that mental image.

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                I totally share this sentiment. Sadly, I do have some classmates who fit some of the publicity we get, and they are the most political and vocal minority among my peers -- but a minority nonetheless.
                We are therefore Christ's ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore on Christ's behalf: 'Be reconciled to God!!'
                - 2 Corinthians 5:20.
                In deviantArt: ll-bisto-ll.deviantart.com
                Christian art and more: Christians.deviantart.com

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                  Tried it. didn't work out.

Ana might need a safe space..........

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrift View Post
                    He's terminally petty. Don't give him much mind. No one else does.
                    Agree with Adrift. And there is always the ignore list.
                    A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
                    George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by TheWall View Post
                      Just think sixty years from now I might think things were better in these days because of nostalgia.
                      An interesting question when does concern turn into micromanagement and paranoia?
                      It might not even take that long. Not even 20 years outta the 1960s and it was being turned into a golden era in spite of being a time of incredible strife with assassinations, riots, war etc.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I'm too late.
                        Rogue has stunk up the thread.
                        Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

Originally posted by Meh Gerbil View Post
                          I'm too late.
                          Rogue has stunk up the thread.
                          49657864.jpg

It is nice to have one's effort be appreciated

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                            Ana might need a safe space..........
                            In this thread:

You object as though you were taking the mention of boomers personally and try to personally defend yourself.

You have no problem with general statements (for whatever purposes) against millennials.

You have no problem making comments/jokes/whatever that is at the expense of another poster.

Last edited by Ana Dragule; 03-12-2017, 12:11 AM.
                            I am become death...

Comment

In this thread:

You object as though you were taking the mention of boomers personally and try to personally defend yourself.

You have no problem with general statements (for whatever purposes) against millennials.

You have no problem making comments/jokes/whatever that is at the expense of another poster.

In this thread

I did take offence for my generation because that's how I read the op.

I also said that each generation is responsible for their own shortcomings.

I also never said, at any time, that I didn't have problems with blanket statements about millennials, for whatever purposes. That's why I made the original statement in my first post in this thread about each generation being responsible for themselves.

I WAS teasing you. You should get over yourself and lighten up a little.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment