Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Obamagate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

That's how liberals are trying to spin it, sure, but you know what the average man on the street is saying?
    Liberals shmiberals. I called it a conspiracy theory the moment I saw Trump's dopey wiretapping tweets. I also called the Trump-Russians collusion a conspiracy theory, and liberals aren't fond of that.
    Middle-of-the-road swing voter. Feel free to sway my opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      right. anonymous "US officials" again.

How many times are you going to fall for that ruse?
      Wrong. Thats according to The head of the FBI, the head of the NSA, the head of the CIA, in short, according to the Intelligence community at large. When will the scales fall from your eyes.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
        Wrong. Thats according to The head of the FBI, the head of the NSA, the head of the CIA, in short, according to the Intelligence community at large. When will the scales fall from your eyes.
        Really? show me where it says that the source was the head of the FBI, the head of the NSA, the head of the CIA. The article clearly says "US Officials" is the source. Yes, those anonymous sources do claim the FBI, etc are doing this and that, but the FBI or CIA or NSA are not saying that they are, just the anonymous sources. As usual. An easy way to write fake news.

Comment

Really? show me where it says that the source was the head of the FBI, the head of the NSA, the head of the CIA. The article clearly says "US Officials" is the source. Yes, those anonymous sources do claim the FBI, etc are doing this and that, but the FBI or CIA or NSA are not saying that they are, just the anonymous sources. As usual. An easy way to write fake news.
          I guess you don't follow the congressional hearings at all do you Sparko?

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
            We do, and Comey didn't say anything about Trump and his team colluding with Russia. All he said was that they're continuing to investigate possible Russian influence in the election, which is not the same as suggesting collusion with the Trump team, though I doubt you'll appreciate the distinction.

So for those keeping score at home, there is zero evidence that Trump cooperated with Russia to win the election, but there IS evidence that Obama was using intelligence agencies to keep tabs on Trump.

Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Source: Breitbart

Wednesday on Fox News Channel’s “The O’Reilly Factor,” Rep. Peter King (R-NY), a member of the House Intelligence Committee, admitted after his committee’s review of President Donald Trump’s claim the Obama administration had wiretapped his transition team, he had a “legitimate case to make,” but said he may have overstepped with his Twitter claim.

“[T]he president had a very legitimate case to make,” King said. “He overstepped it by saying President Obama ordered wiretapping. That we don’t know, but what we do know is to me this is shameful.”

Host Bill O’Reilly pressed King on the seriousness of Trump being “surveilled,” to which King said it was at least 99.5 percent correct he was surveilled.

“I would say, from all I know, you’re at least 99-and-a-half percent accurate, and probably 100 percent,” he replied.

http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presid...mp-transition/

© Copyright Original Source

Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• First, Obama did tap Trump's phones, his office, and his Jacuzzi.
                Second, it has been confirmed that the Russians were actually working with the Clinton Foundation.
                Third, Obama's birth certificate was a fake. He was actually born on Jupiter.

^----- That is what I've had dozens of anonymous government officials tell me.
                Wow, I like the new standard of evidence. This is fun.
                Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

• Source: http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/23/politics/trump-health-care-latest?lf-content=188866399:lb-post-35ecc6bfee1145f30ddf19deb2f4250a@livefyre.com&hubRefSrc=permalink

Rep. Nunes apologized to House Intelligence committee members
                  From CNN's Tom Lobianco:

Rep. Devin Nunes apologized to all the members of the House Intelligence Committee forgoing to the press and White House before first telling the committee about reports he had showing Trump's personal communications may have been collected.

Rep. Jackie Speier, a Democrat on the committee, said Nunes apologized at their meeting this morning.

Nunes also promised to provide the same information he's viewed to the committee members, but did not offer a specific timeline.

Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
                  Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
                  But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

We are discussing the article Starlight posted. Keep up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Meh Gerbil View Post
                      First, Obama did tap Trump's phones, his office, and his Jacuzzi.
                      Second, it has been confirmed that the Russians were actually working with the Clinton Foundation.
                      Third, Obama's birth certificate was a fake. He was actually born on Jupiter.

^----- That is what I've had dozens of anonymous government officials tell me.
                      Wow, I like the new standard of evidence. This is fun.
                      My anonymous official US sources told me the same thing, so it must be true.

In addition they told me that Starlight is a Russian plant trying to bring back communism.

Comment

We are discussing the article Starlight posted. Keep up.
                        And both Comey and NSA head Rogers confirmed the content of that article in testimony to Congress 2 days ago. Keep up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                          Source: Breitbart

Wednesday on Fox News Channel’s “The O’Reilly Factor,” Rep. Peter King (R-NY), a member of the House Intelligence Committee, admitted after his committee’s review of President Donald Trump’s claim the Obama administration had wiretapped his transition team, he had a “legitimate case to make,” but said he may have overstepped with his Twitter claim.

“[T]he president had a very legitimate case to make,” King said. “He overstepped it by saying President Obama ordered wiretapping. That we don’t know, but what we do know is to me this is shameful.”

Host Bill O’Reilly pressed King on the seriousness of Trump being “surveilled,” to which King said it was at least 99.5 percent correct he was surveilled.

“I would say, from all I know, you’re at least 99-and-a-half percent accurate, and probably 100 percent,” he replied.

http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presid...mp-transition/

No, the Russians, as is always the case, were being surveilled, and whoever they happen to be communicating with is incidental. If Rep.Peter King says that Trump has a "legitimate case," and that it is shameful, then why doesn't he come out and say exactly what that "Legitimate case" is? He can't, thats why, because he has no clue, he's just playing to the nut cases like you who watch Fox News, and follow Breitbart and the like.

Comment

And both Comey and NSA head Rogers confirmed the content of that article in testimony to Congress 2 days ago. Keep up.
                            no they didn't. This is another one of your idiotic say it and then it must be true things. It is completely different news. And Comey did not confirm anything of the sort. At best he said they had some sort of investigation going on. This story is a bold faced fake news story that claims that US officials are revealing what Comey DIDN'T say (hint: rumors) but what he really meant. It is all baseless conjecture and tripe hidden under the cloak of anonymous sources. You always get on MM for using fake news, yet here you are buying into it hook, line and sinker.

Comment

no they didn't. This is another one of your idiotic say it and then it must be true things. It is completely different news. And Comey did not confirm anything of the sort. At best he said they had some sort of investigation going on. This story is a bold faced fake news story that claims that US officials are revealing what Comey DIDN'T say (hint: rumors) but what he really meant. It is all baseless conjecture and tripe hidden under the cloak of anonymous sources. You always get on MM for using fake news, yet here you are buying into it hook, line and sinker.
                              I see the scales are on tight. Go back and read the article in question. Comey and Rogers confirmed it. If you don't think so, then either you didn't read the article, or you didn't watch the Congressional testimony.

Comment

I see the scales are on tight. Go back and read the article in question. Comey and Rogers confirmed it. If you don't think so, then either you didn't read the article, or you didn't watch the Congressional testimony.
                                I did read it.

The FBI has information that indicates associates of President Donald Trump communicated with suspected Russian operatives to possibly coordinate the release of information damaging to Hillary Clinton's campaign, US officials told CNN.

This is partly what FBI Director James Comey was referring to when he made a bombshell announcement Monday before Congress that the FBI is investigating the Trump campaign's ties to Russia, according to one source.

Can YOU read? the bit about what Comey said and what the FBI knew was what the anonymous sources TOLD CNN. They didn't confirm anything. The sources SAID they did. Rogers is not even MENTIONED or QUOTED in the article. Fail harder, JimL

Comment