Announcement

Collapse

Home Economics 101

Welcome to the Home Ec Section. Matters of the family sometimes bring joy and other times bring grief. But it is never trivial: Family matters! Feel free to discuss topics such as the sanctity of marriage; the awesome responsibility of raising children; the struggles of communication problems; the grief of losing a loved one; or anything else that relates to the home and family. However, due to the more personal nature of this section, I ask that you would be especially thoughtful of the readers' feelings. My earnest hope and prayer is that the discussions in this section will help families grow in the love of Christ.

But remember, always play by the rules: here
See more
See less

Sewing Needles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

20170306_165747-01-1-01.jpeg

I think that long needle on the lid of the box is for upholstery?
    The last Christian left at tweb

Comment

Nice kit!

I can't tell if that is an upholstery needle, but if it's a needle, why not try it?

And that little generic container of needles likely doesn't have much useful in it to help you.

What's the little red handled thing on the lid? Is it an awl?

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
        Nice kit!

I can't tell if that is an upholstery needle, but if it's a needle, why not try it?
        I didn't know I had it till I took the picture.
        And that little generic container of needles likely doesn't have much useful in it to help you.

What's the little red handled thing on the lid? Is it an awl?
        I was going to ask you the same thing.

I also don't know what those tweezer looking things are next to the needle threader.

Comment

Instead of sewing just super glue the patches on.
          Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
            Instead of sewing just super glue the patches on.
            I patch my boots with rubber cement. Would that work?

Comment

Originally posted by Trout View Post
              I didn't know I had it till I took the picture.

I was going to ask you the same thing.

I also don't know what those tweezer looking things are next to the needle threader.
              They look like tweezers.

Does the red handled thingy have a pointy end, or is it a screwdriver? I can't see the tip.

And I WANT those little safety pin things on the lid for my knitting!

The burning question is, why are there diaper pins in there?

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

They look like tweezers.

Does the red handled thingy have a pointy end, or is it a screwdriver? I can't see the tip.
                It comes to a point but it's not very sharp. (Maybe it's a Gerbil)

And I WANT those little safety pin things on the lid for my knitting!
                The plastic ones? What are they for?

The burning question is, why are there diaper pins in there?
                No idea. I'll use them for something other than diapering. We used cloth diapers on the kids, 30 years ago. They probably aren't a thing anymore.

Comment

It comes to a point but it's not very sharp. (Maybe it's a Gerbil)

The plastic ones? What are they for?
                  I use them to hold dropped stitches or mark a spot in my knitting. Don't know what they're used for in sewing. Had to beg some from my sister cuz I have trouble finding them.

No idea. I'll use them for something other than diapering. We used cloth diapers on the kids, 30 years ago. They probably aren't a thing anymore.
                  Same here.

Comment

PM me your address. I'd be happy to send them to you. I will never use them.

Comment

Are you sure? I will pay you for the postage.

Comment

Your Canadian money is no good here. I'll n be happy they found a home.

Comment

Your Canadian money is no good here. I'll n be happy they found a home.
                          Thank you, Trouty!

Comment

I patch my boots with rubber cement. Would that work?
                            I use this stuff to hem my pants. It is tape that basically melts and fuses to the fabric with a hot iron.

https://www.amazon.com/Dritz-222-20-.../dp/B0001DSIHI

--
                            Just realized. This is a thread about needles.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                              I use this stuff to hem my pants. It is tape that basically melts and fuses to the fabric with a hot iron.

https://www.amazon.com/Dritz-222-20-.../dp/B0001DSIHI

--
                              Just realized. This is a thread about needles.
                              Yup, that's sort of what I was referring to in a previous post about double sided iron-on stuff. You can also buy it by the meter/yard, and here it's called fusible web.

Comment

I never have to hem my pants. It's hard enough finding pants long enough. Most places don't carry anything with an inseam longer than 32" any more. With the few that do it's in the big and tall area where prices are a good deal higher.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment