Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

A civil civics thread?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A civil civics thread?

Can we have a thread in the Civics section where everyone is civil? If not, this thread needs to be moved to the poop deck. Because I don't want an uncivil thread. Let's see... what can we ALL agree on? Is it possible to have a rational and calm discussion about politics?
    If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Discussing topics whereupon all the participants agree is the stuff of Apologists.
    Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

Could we all agree that the government could make Capri Suns easier to open?
      The last Christian left at tweb

Comment

Originally posted by Trout View Post
        Could we all agree that the government could make Capri Suns easier to open?
        I didn't even know they could be opened.
        I've been packing them around the foundation for additional support.

That said, I have to use a welding torch to get into a bag of Doritos.
        Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

CVS receipts are far too long. Someone should do something about them.

Comment

I'd like to see the calories information removed from lunch menus.
            They're already over-charging me, do they have to make me feel bad as well?

Comment

I don't think ex-Presidents should be allowed to wear red ties.
              It seems like they're supporting Russia when they do that.

Comment

Originally posted by Meh Gerbil View Post
                I'd like to see the calories information removed from lunch menus.
                They're already over-charging me, do they have to make me feel bad as well?
                This issue is close to my heart as well

Comment

Why is my thread attracting fish and rodents?
                  If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Because the blossoms don't like civics at all.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

CVS receipts are far too long. Someone should do something about them.
                      A lot of stores seem to waste a lot of paper on receipts. It baffles me that you'll buy one item and get a receipt that's a foot long. I've often wondered how many millions of a dollars a year a company would save if they simply reduced the length of their receipts.
                      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                        A lot of stores seem to waste a lot of paper on receipts. It baffles me that you'll buy one item and get a receipt that's a foot long. I've often wondered how many millions of a dollars a year a company would save if they simply reduced the length of their receipts.
                        I'm with you there. No telling how many trees lose their lives to print a coupon on the back off a receipt that no one will ever read.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                          It borders on ridiculous if you bought one or two things. The receipts have two lines with your purchase and dozens of lines of info you don't use 99% of the time. They could just give you a little QR code to scan if you happen to need that info -- or follow Amazon Go and make the whole thing digital.
                          We are therefore Christ's ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore on Christ's behalf: 'Be reconciled to God!!'
                          - 2 Corinthians 5:20.
                          In deviantArt: ll-bisto-ll.deviantart.com
                          Christian art and more: Christians.deviantart.com

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
                            Can we have a thread in the Civics section where everyone is civil? If not, this thread needs to be moved to the poop deck. Because I don't want an uncivil thread. Let's see... what can we ALL agree on? Is it possible to have a rational and calm discussion about politics?
                            Hmmm ... people's opinions should be heard? People are important?

Or perhaps we can quote awesome bands and let their remarkable musicianship bring the whole thread into agreement regardless of their actual argument

Source: Megadeth, "Take No Prisoners"

Don't ask what you can do for your country
                            Ask what your country can do for you!

© Copyright Original Source

We are therefore Christ's ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore on Christ's behalf: 'Be reconciled to God!!'
                            - 2 Corinthians 5:20.
                            In deviantArt: ll-bisto-ll.deviantart.com
                            Christian art and more: Christians.deviantart.com

Comment

I'm with you there. No telling how many trees lose their lives to print a coupon on the back off a receipt that no one will ever read.

In the past year I used the one for an oil change (cheaper than I could do it) and several times for a buffet near the mall.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment