Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Follow The Money Leads to Morality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    they gave me oxycodone for pain management for about 3 months. it was a fairly low dose (5mg every 6 hours as needed) - I was careful nonetheless and only used it when really needed and then weaned myself off as soon as possible. I still have about 15 tablets left that I have not used and keep for emergency pain relief if needed. Not needed so far.

These drugs are great as long as used as prescribed and supervised by a physician, but unfettered access by anyone? No, it it way too strong of a temptation and extremely dangerous.
    When I had a hernia operation a little over a decade ago they prescribed me morphine for the pain. When I visited the doctor for my follow up he asked me if I was still experiencing any pain and needed any more medication. I told him no and that I only took a pill three times -- when I got home, when I went to bed and when I went to bed the next night (I really didn't need it the last time but wanted to make sure). I told him the stuff made my sides itch like I had some flea bites. He smiled and said that he didn't need to worry about me becoming hooked on it since I didn't like it.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      When I had a hernia operation a little over a decade ago they prescribed me morphine for the pain. When I visited the doctor for my follow up he asked me if I was still experiencing any pain and needed any more medication. I told him no and that I only took a pill three times -- when I got home, when I went to bed and when I went to bed the next night (I really didn't need it the last time but wanted to make sure). I told him the stuff made my sides itch like I had some flea bites. He smiled and said that he didn't need to worry about me becoming hooked on it since I didn't like it.
      But that's exactly what an addict would say!

Comment

But that's exactly what an addict would say!

Actually the'd be seeking a way to get more and stronger drugs

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Actually the'd be seeking a way to get more and stronger drugs
          Yeah but first you had to convince the doctor that you were low risk for addiction. That way he would be more likely to prescribe drugs to you in the future when you came back and told him a squirrel bit you on your big toe and you needed pain relief.

Comment

Yeah but first you had to convince the doctor that you were low risk for addiction. That way he would be more likely to prescribe drugs to you in the future when you came back and told him a squirrel bit you on your big toe and you needed pain relief.
            And my plan for waiting 13 years and forgetting the surgeon's name so I can't go back was sheer genius

Comment

And my plan for waiting 13 years and forgetting the surgeon's name so I can't go back was sheer genius
              so you say.

Comment

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                Perhaps, but for a social species such as us, the benefits of being part of a cohesive group outweigh the benefits of individualism. And the maintenance of a healthy, prosperous society is in the interests of all.
                That's not strictly true. Our cohesive group relies on individualism. Labor specialization is a thing, for example. It's not a question of individual vs all. Where either one fails, so does the other. Instead, the question becomes where/how to maintain the balance.
                I'm not here anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Carrikature View Post
                  That's not strictly true. Our cohesive group relies on individualism. Labor specialization is a thing, for example. It's not a question of individual vs all. Where either one fails, so does the other. Instead, the question becomes where/how to maintain the balance.
                  Certainly our cohesive group relies on specific individual skills, but the individual also requires the nurturing, acculturation and social reinforcement provided by the cohesive group.
                  “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment