Announcement

Collapse

Apologetics 301 Guidelines

If you think this is the area where you tell everyone you are sorry for eating their lunch out of the fridge, it probably isn't the place for you

This forum is open discussion between atheists and all theists to defend and debate their views on religion or non-religion. Please respect that this is a Christian-owned forum and refrain from gratuitous blasphemy. VERY wide leeway is given in range of expression and allowable behavior as compared to other areas of the forum, and moderation is not overly involved unless necessary. Please keep this in mind. Atheists who wish to interact with theists in a way that does not seek to undermine theistic faith may participate in the World Religions Department. Non-debate question and answers and mild and less confrontational discussions can take place in General Theistics.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Can The Atheist Do Good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moderated By: sparko

OK stop with the lying accusations on both sides or face the consequences. Take any further accusations to the padded room

***If you wish to take issue with this notice DO NOT do so in this thread.***
    Contact the forum moderator or an administrator in Private Message or email instead. If you feel you must publicly complain or whine, please take it to the Padded Room unless told otherwise.

Comment

• Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
      False, dishonest, and biased selective and interpretation of the Bahai writings without considering the whole of scripture and the references I gave.

As per numerous previous threads over many years:
      Idiot I'm not arguing that you don't believe in evolution but that Adam was the father of humankind, nothing you just posted changes that. Unless you think that Abdu'l-Bahá was wrong. Was Abdu'l-Bahá wrong?

For the spirit and the soul of Adam, when they were attached to the human world, passed from the world of freedom into the world of bondage, and His descendants continued in bondage. This attachment of the soul and spirit to the human world, which is sin, was inherited by the descendants of Adam, and is the serpent which is always in the midst of, and at enmity with, the spirits and the descendants of Adam. That enmity continues and endures. For attachment to the world has become the cause of the bondage of spirits, and this bondage is identical with sin, which has been transmitted from Adam to His posterity. It is because of this attachment that men have been deprived of essential spirituality and exalted position.

Know that there are two natures in man: the physical nature and the spiritual nature. The physical nature is inherited from Adam, and the spiritual nature is inherited from the Reality of the Word of God, which is the spirituality of Christ. The physical nature is born of Adam, but the spiritual nature is born from the bounty of the Holy Spirit. The first is the source of all imperfection; the second is the source of all perfection.

http://reference.bahai.org/en/t/ab/SAQ/saq-30.html

http://reference.bahai.org/en/t/ab/S...=highlight#gr2
      So are there human beings on earth that are not descendants of Adam? Where? Are there human beings that are not subject to this bondage or sin? Was our physical nature inherited from some one other than Adam? Who?
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
        Idiot I'm not arguing that you don't believe in evolution but that Adam was the father of humankind, nothing you just posted changes that. Unless you think that Abdu'l-Bahá was wrong. Was Abdu'l-Bahá wrong?

So are there human beings on earth that are not descendants of Adam? Where? Are there human beings that are not subject to this bondage or sin? Was our physical nature inherited from some one other than Adam? Who?
        The citations you reference only refer to the current cycle of Revelation beginning with Adam. Your ignoring the other references of the Baha'i writings, which describe cycle of Revelation in humanity ever since humanity became human hundreds of thousands of years in the past. In each Revelation our physical and spiritual nature is inherited from the Messiahs or Manifestations of God for that Age. You may not agree, but according to the Baha'i writings describe this as the spiritual evolution of humanity. In the Baha'i writings Creation is described as eternal and in cycles of re-Creation of previous existing matter, substances and energy, and not a specific beginning of anything including Adam being Created in a world without preexisting humans.

Your biased dishonest selective citation of the Baha'i writings has a long history of you methods of arguing on different subjects.
        Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
        Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
        But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Your ignoring the other references of the Baha'i writings...
          "You're"

Think it through shunya. Do you want to say, "You are ignoring the other references..." or is seer possessing something called the "ignoring"?

Comment

The citations you reference only refer to the current cycle of Revelation beginning with Adam. Your ignoring the other references of the Baha'i writings, which describe cycle of Revelation in humanity ever since humanity became human hundreds of thousands of years in the past. In each Revelation our physical and spiritual nature is inherited from the Messiahs or Manifestations of God for that Age. You may not agree, but according to the Baha'i writings describe this as the spiritual evolution of humanity. In the Baha'i writings Creation is described as eternal and in cycles of re-Creation of previous existing matter, substances and energy, and not a specific beginning of anything including Adam being Created in a world without preexisting humans.

Your biased dishonest selective citation of the Baha'i writings has a long history of you methods of arguing on different subjects.
            Shuny, I don't care what came before this cycle it is clear from the quotes that Adam is the father of all humans today. Our (we humans) physical nature is inherited from Adam, we (human beings) are descendants of Adam, not anybody else. That is the point, it was also clear that Adam had neither FATHER OR MOTHER. That is what your religion teaches.

"If being without a father is a virtue, Adam is greater and more excellent than all the Prophets and Messengers, for He had neither father nor mother." (Some Answered Questions, p. 89)

"O handmaid of God! It is with the Lord Christ even as with Adam. Did the first human being who came into existence on this earth have a father or mother? It is certain that he had neither. But Christ lacked only a father." (Selections from the Writings of 'Abdu'l-Baha 139:6)
            Last edited by seer; 03-23-2017, 10:38 AM.
            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment