Announcement

Collapse

Glory Seed Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

These daily devotionals are brought to you by Gary Piper, a writer with our Sister Site, Natural Spirit Ministries. TheologyWeb encourages you to visit and support their site.... they have many informative articles which can be discussed right here. If you enjoy Gary Piper's devotionals, please send him an encouraging note or post. We are very appreciative of our partnership with Natural Spirit Ministries and look forward to many more co-ventures.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Glory Seed Devotional, 2017.03.08

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glory Seed Devotional, 2017.03.08

2017-03-083.jpg

Glory Seed Devotional’s, 2017: Anticipating and Experiencing Jehovah-Jireh...
    When Jesus says NO doors are just beginning to open!
    Shalom!

“In one of the villages, Jesus met a man with an advanced case of leprosy. When the man saw Jesus, he bowed with his face to the ground, begging to be healed. “Lord,” he said, “if you are willing, you can heal me and make me clean.” Jesus reached out and touched him. “I am willing,” he said. “Be healed!” And instantly the leprosy disappeared.” (Luke 5:12–13, NLT)

What happens when Jesus says no? If I would have kept score of the times I’ve asked Jesus to heal me or get me out of a bad situation the times He said NO far out numbers the times when He said YES. It took me a long time to accept the fact that Jesus would say NO to me because I always thought my needs where serious enough cause Him to jump into action almost immediately (he did, read on). But over the course of the past 4 or 5 years I have discovered that Love means having the courage and the foresight to say no when circumstances warrant saying NO.

The first time I accepted Jesus telling me NO happened in the summer of 2011. Patti and I headed home from my Pulmonary Doctor who had just told us I had a nonaggressive form of Pulmonary Fibrosis. I wanted to talk to Jesus about it so minutes after arriving at home I was on my bike headed for a ride with Jesus. Twenty minutes or so later I sat down on a park bench and was told (not audibly), “This will not end in your death.” Jesus had said NO to a healing even before I asked Him. For the first time I wasn’t disappointed, and I didn’t say, “But Jesus.” Then later in the summer of 2013 when we were told I would need heart surgery I had a similar experience.

We know the answer to my original question, what happens when Jesus says NO don’t we? But in case you don’t remember, “Three different times I begged the Lord to take it away. Each time he said, “My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness.” So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me.” (2 Corinthians 12:8–9, NLT, emphasis mine) Remember “Footprints in the Sand,” the story about seeing only Jesus footprints in the sand because he was carrying one or all of us? That’s a wonderful illustration of God’s Grace in action. I know there are times now when Jesus’ may not be carrying me but He increases my lung capacity by lending me His breath, and when my heart starts faltering His heart beats in tune with mine. That is God’s Grace in action in the life of Gary Piper!

One of the most valuable lessons I would like to pass on to you is simply, When Jesus says, “NO,” you say, “YES, I’m trusting in Your Grace God!” Oh, one last thing, never forget God’s Grace is never time bound because it always slips the boundaries of time and eternity!

“So let us come boldly to the throne of our gracious God. There we will receive his mercy, and we will find grace to help us when we need it most.”**

Grace and PEACE,
    Gary
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you would like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: Glory Seed Devotional Blog.

If you would like inspirational music playing as you read this Glory Seed may I suggest clicking on this link: http://www.abidingradio.org/listen/

“Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Wheaton, Illinois 60189. All rights reserved.”

**Hebrews 4:16, NLT
widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X