Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Gee, just what Jorge said ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gee, just what Jorge said ...

Years ago I wrote a piece on impact craters that I posted at the True.Origins website.

https://trueorigin.org/acbc_impact_craters.php

A certain "O-Mudd" fella here on TWeb never could quite get the gist of my little paper (more like never wanted to get the gist of it) and so he began years of ad hominem attacks and distortions because, well, because that's all he had.

Just recently Dr. Clarey posted a paper that laid out in greater detail many of the same arguments that I had presented in my paper.

https://assets.answersingenesis.org/...lub_crater.pdf

Those arguments include discussions on shatter cones, shocked quartz and others. Dr. Clarey's work is much more detailed than was mine but the approach and conclusions are essentially the same.

Of course, NO amount of evidence will ever pull the Evo-Faithful out of worshiping their religion so this is just for educational purposes.

P.S. Hope you'all are doing good and, no, I am not "back". Call it "drive-by shooting" if you like. I have been very busy working on my information theory (getting very close now!) and on other things. I'll let you know when I have something.

Be well!

Jorge

Originally posted by Jorge the welcher
    You owe TWeb $150, welcher.
    Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
    MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

please donate Jorge. we need to upgrade tweb.

http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/sh...onate&p=410399

Comment

Source: Clarey

Some creation scientists think the K-Pg was about the high point of the Flood waters when all land animals finally succumbed and drowned (Snelling 2014). That may be why it is at this point that so many organisms seemed to simultaneously go extinct.

© Copyright Original Source

Except there are many thousands of fossils of land animals above that layer, including all fossils of large land mammals, none of which are found below that layer. Apparently some creationists, including the author and the welcher, are incompetent, ignorant and probably dishonest.

Source: ibid

As scientists, we must be careful to not invoke mechanisms without the support of sufficient data. Admittedly, some impacts likely occurred as part of the one-year global Flood.

Last edited by Roy; 03-09-2017, 11:47 AM.
        Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
        MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
          Source: Clarey

Some creation scientists think the K-Pg was about the high point of the Flood waters when all land animals finally succumbed and drowned (Snelling 2014). That may be why it is at this point that so many organisms seemed to simultaneously go extinct.

Except there are many thousands of fossils of land animals above that layer, including all fossils of large land mammals, none of which are found below that layer. Apparently some creationists, including the author and the welcher, are incompetent, ignorant and probably dishonest.

Source: ibid

As scientists, we must be careful to not invoke mechanisms without the support of sufficient data. Admittedly, some impacts likely occurred as part of the one-year global Flood.

Looks like Snelling has changed his mind or given how often YEC's misrepresent the views of others (including at times other YECs) maybe not. In any case not long before this during his presentation entitled "The Creation Model: It's Past, Present and Necessary Future" at the Sixth International Conference on Creationism he said that
          “Even nearly five decades after The Genesis Flood we still have no comprehensive model of earth history explaining the geologic (strata and fossil) record that includes general agreement on Creation Week rocks, pre-Flood/Flood and Flood/post-Flood boundaries.”

Before Jorge starts sputtering about that I must be the one misrepresenting Snelling, here is a picture from his presentation:

snelling flood geo problems.JPG

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Lots of words to say "it's not a peak ring". No explanation of how drilling through the peak ring turned up shattered bits of basement granite mixed in with various other rocks, and cemented together by melts. In other words, how to explain rocks like this:
            https://cdn.arstechnica.net/wp-conte...DP-800x533.jpg

Until they do, it's so many words...
            "Any sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from trolling."

Comment

Originally posted by Jorge View Post
              Years ago I wrote a piece on impact craters that I posted at the True.Origins website.

A certain "O-Mudd" fella here on TWeb never could quite get the gist of my little paper (more like never wanted to get the gist of it) and so he began years of ad hominem attacks and distortions because, well, because that's all he had.

Just recently Dr. Clarey posted a paper that laid out in greater detail many of the same arguments that I had presented in my paper.

Those arguments include discussions on shatter cones, shocked quartz and others. Dr. Clarey's work is much more detailed than was mine but the approach and conclusions are essentially the same.

Of course, NO amount of evidence will ever pull the Evo-Faithful out of worshiping their religion so this is just for educational purposes.

P.S. Hope you'all are doing good and, no, I am not "back". Call it "drive-by shooting" if you like. I have been very busy working on my information theory (getting very close now!) and on other things. I'll let you know when I have something.

Be well!

Jorge
              Turkeys of a feather
              Flock together.
              Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
              Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
              But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

The return of Clucky!

No smarter or better educated than he was the last time

Comment

Originally posted by Jorge View Post

Be well!

Jorge
                  No distortions jorge. Just the facts, as per my signature. Facts are your enemy, but they are not mine.

Jim
                  My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

I get the impression we've several posters that enter some sort of stasis, only awakening when Jorge reappears.
                    Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

Originally posted by Meh Gerbil View Post
                      I get the impression we've several posters that enter some sort of stasis, only awakening when Jorge reappears.
                      orrHB.gif
                      Jorge is back!

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Yeah Gerbz, pretty much, its more entertaining.
                        A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
                        George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Can I get a show of hands of those who care what Jorge said?
                          Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                            Can I get a show of hands of those who care what Jorge said?
                            In many ways it is all a red herring designed to distract everyone from a fatal flaw in the YEC model. Regardless of whether they are the result of cosmic impacts or massive volcanic eruptions these produced immense release of energy that if confined to the space of a year, or decade or even a century would make the Flood look like a junior league warm up exercise when it comes to cataclysmic destructive force. And this is even more true if we add in the incontrovertible volcanic activities such as the Siberian Traps, Deccan Traps and the more than a dozen similar events. There wouldn't even be a crust left, just molten slag.

Comment

A show of hands? Nahh. Now a show of hands for the entertainment value?
                              A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
                              George Bernard Shaw

Comment