Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Gee, just what Jorge said ...

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Meh Gerbil View Post
    I get the impression we've several posters that enter some sort of stasis, only awakening when Jorge reappears.
    orrHB.gif
    Jorge is back!

I'm always still in trouble again

2. Amen Bill the Cat amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Ecumenical Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Yeah Gerbz, pretty much, its more entertaining.
    A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
    George Bernard Shaw

Theologyweb's Official Grandfather Jedidiah's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Can I get a show of hands of those who care what Jorge said?
    Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

5. Amen Meh Gerbil amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedidiah View Post
    In many ways it is all a red herring designed to distract everyone from a fatal flaw in the YEC model. Regardless of whether they are the result of cosmic impacts or massive volcanic eruptions these produced immense release of energy that if confined to the space of a year, or decade or even a century would make the Flood look like a junior league warm up exercise when it comes to cataclysmic destructive force. And this is even more true if we add in the incontrovertible volcanic activities such as the Siberian Traps, Deccan Traps and the more than a dozen similar events. There wouldn't even be a crust left, just molten slag.

I'm always still in trouble again

7. Amen Jedidiah, Bret amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Ecumenical Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    A show of hands? Nahh. Now a show of hands for the entertainment value?
    A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
    George Bernard Shaw

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian Bible-based
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    No distortions jorge. Just the facts, as per my signature. Facts are your enemy, but they are not mine.

Jim
    Just as you willingly never read/understood my article, you clearly have not read/understood Dr. Clarey's paper. It's good to see that you remain as consistent as always, O-Mudd.

While I'm here let me just mention that more and more evidence continues to mount against the partnership of Materialistic Naturalism and Theistic Evolutionism. Nonetheless, as I've often stated, NO amount of scientific evidence will ever pry the Evo-Faithful from the clutches of their fanatical beliefs. Why? Simple! Because as I've said from the start it has never been about "science" - that was just the cover story to distract the masses. It was always, and remains, about religious/ideological beliefs.

Try this on for size and enjoy! ..........

https://www.evolutionnews.org/2013/03/a_wow_signal_of/

Jorge

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian Bible-based
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedidiah View Post
    Right back at you, kiddo!
    Hey, too bad that your candidate -- the crooked criminal Hillary Clinton -- lost.
    Bwahahahaha ...

Jorge

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorge View Post
    Right back at you, kiddo!
    Hey, too bad that your candidate -- the crooked criminal Hillary Clinton -- lost.
    Bwahahahaha ...

Jorge
    Yeah. You're a moron Jorge.

Jed is a conservative libertarian.

Besides it was a non sequitur insult that isn't even on par with pewee herman

63183129.jpg

Faith
    Thinking
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Just as you willingly never read/understood my article, you clearly have not read/understood Dr. Clarey's paper.
    Another drive-by clucking.

13. Amen Bret amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Just as you willingly never read/understood my article, you clearly have not read/understood Dr. Clarey's paper. It's good to see that you remain as consistent as always, O-Mudd.
    I've read your paper several times Jorge, and understood it quite well each time. And I have read Dr. Clarey's paper, though not in depth as there seems no interest by you or anyone else in discussing its contents. Your 'claim' I've not understood them in both cases is baseless. The first in that I have demonstrated many times over I understand both its content and it's primary purpose. And the second in that there has been no discussion of that papers content. My reply to you simply points to the fact the identifying artifacts of an impact structure have only one known natural cause.

To recap - your paper is (at least) an attempt to provide for the possibility there are other explanations for Asteroid impact craters than Asteroid impacts. An in so doing, the hope is to provide a possible 'back door' out of the incredible consequences to the Earth and life on the Earth of the creation of the set of known impact craters in the short <10,000 history of the Earth that YEC proposes.

And it fails miserably in its goal.

The one /primary proposed possible alternative explanation simply is NOT an alternative explanation for any of the major impact craters I have discussed in the past on these pages. Further - even if you could find some as yet unknown force or cause capable of producing such craters and all the identifying artifacts, the consequences of unleashing that much energy in that short a period of a time in such a ways as to nearly instantly evacuate the material thus excavated and under the pressures so implied would be the same - and the implications for the age of the Earth (i.e. <10,000 years including all these events) would be the same.

And so it fails to provide even one plausible alternative cause, and most importantly it does NOTHING AT ALL to solve THE problem for young earth creationism that such events pose: there is not enough time for them to have occurred and human civilization (or life on the planet for that matter) to have survived in a YE paradigm.

While I'm here let me just mention that more and more evidence continues to mount against the partnership of Materialistic Naturalism and Theistic Evolutionism. Nonetheless, as I've often stated, NO amount of scientific evidence will ever pry the Evo-Faithful from the clutches of their fanatical beliefs. Why? Simple! Because as I've said from the start it has never been about "science" - that was just the cover story to distract the masses. It was always, and remains, about religious/ideological beliefs.

Try this on for size and enjoy! ..........

https://www.evolutionnews.org/2013/03/a_wow_signal_of/

Jorge

That was a nice little read Jorge. It might even present something interesting to discuss with someone capable of holding a meaningful discussion as opposed to meaningless tirades like the one above. However, as a start, I would say that 'proofs' of intelligent design in the fashion thus described are at best dubious. Really small probabilities do not an intelligent designer guarantee (even though we can quite whole-heartedly agree in our belief that this universe was indeed intelligently designed)

Jim
    Last edited by oxmixmudd; 03-21-2017 at 12:50 AM.
    Jorge's trueorigins paper: "...it is known that other volcanic features match what is usually associated with impact craters including ... shatter cones and crystal deformations"

Planetary Science Institute: "Shatter cones are found in only two places on Earth, 1) in nuclear test sites and 2) meteorite impact structures. They are formed as a result of the high pressure, high velocity shock wave ...

maximum pressures from 45 to 200 times greater than found in volcanic events (2->20 Gpa)