Thread: Gee, just what Jorge said ...

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorge View Post
    Right back at you, kiddo!
    Hey, too bad that your candidate -- the crooked criminal Hillary Clinton -- lost.
    Bwahahahaha ...

Jorge
    And too bad the winner (your candidate perhaps?) is no more capable of recognizing a tabloid fabrication than you are ...

Jim
    Jorge's trueorigins paper: "...it is known that other volcanic features match what is usually associated with impact craters including ... shatter cones and crystal deformations"

Planetary Science Institute: "Shatter cones … are found in only two places on Earth, 1) in nuclear test sites and 2) meteorite impact structures. They are formed as a result of the high pressure, high velocity shock wave ...

maximum pressures from 45 to 200 times greater than found in volcanic events (2->20 Gpa)

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian Bible-based
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    And too bad the winner (your candidate perhaps?) is no more capable of recognizing a tabloid fabrication than you are ...

Jim
    "my candidate"? I'm too smart to fall for the filthy scam that politics is. I do enjoy poking fun at people that fall prey to that scam. Oh, and to be truthful, I did "vote" for Trump but that was only to keep the Criminal Clinton Cartel out of the White House-- it had nothing to do with any political affiliation.
    Hey, while I'm here I may as well not totally waste the brief visit.
    Here's the latest anti-Evo evidence that I came across ...

http://crev.info/2017/03/more-soft-t...s-fossil-bird/

100-million-year-plus soft tissue just keeps showing up to embarrass the Evo-Faithful.

I really enjoyed the comment of the site's owner - sounded just like me:

"What do you do with unrepentant sinners? Instead of bowing their heads in shame and quitting science, they are taking ownership of their sins. They are saying it proves that soft tissue can last for millions of years!

Don’t you remember the shock at those initial discoveries? Nobody predicted that soft tissue would remain even a million years, let alone 130 million. They are demonstrating that the Cult of Darwin cannot be falsified. It is not science."
    [my highlights]

As I've stated many times here on TWeb, nothing - NOTHING!!! - will get the Evo-Faithful to abandon their Materialistic religion. They'd rather slit their wrists with a rusty blade.

You may now begin spinning this latest evidence against your religious beliefs.
    Or you can just totally ignore it -- same difference. Hehehe

Jorge

Faith
    Thinking
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Yes it did - another scientifically illiterate nincompoop desperately trying to spin a scientific discovery into the ridiculous claim dinosaur fossils are only 4500 years old.

Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorge the welcher View Post
    "my candidate"? I'm too smart to fall for the filthy scam that politics is. I do enjoy poking fun at people that fall prey to that scam. Oh, and to be truthful, I did "vote" for Trump...
    So he's your preferred candidate, welcher.
    but that was only to keep the Criminal Clinton Cartel out of the White House--
    Does H Clinton welch on bets?

Just the usual YEC lies.

The writers neglect to mention that most of the "soft tissue" Jiang et al. are referring to is mineralized material that retains the shape and structure of the original tissue, and instead give the impression that the soft tissue remains unfossilised.

In particular, this:
    Source: the welcher's source

In their chemical analysis, the nine authors compared the soft tissue with modern samples of collagen and found a close match. “These FTIR spectra and mapping imply that amino acid residues may be present,” they say.

© Copyright Original Source

is blatantly dishonest.

This is the graph from the original paper:
    graph2.jpg
    That's not a close match. As Jiang et al. write: The peaks at 1,652 and 1,510 cm−1 correspond to the diagnostic amide I and II absorbances, respectively, They have a correspondence of two absorption peaks. No sign of actual collagen. Perhaps the anonymous YEC hack doesn't know that collagen isn't an amino-acid, or hopes his readers don't.

Then there's this:
    Source: ibid

A separate paper in National Science Review reported an even earlier fossil bird, Eoconfuciusornis, from the Early Cretaceous Jehol Formation in China (131–120 million Darwin Years). Phys.org calls it “the most exceptionally preserved fossil bird discovered to date.”

Researchers have not found fossils from any other bird from the Jehol period that reveal so many types of soft tissue (feathers, skin, collagen, ovarian follicles).

Once again, though, the focus is not on the implications of finding soft tissue that should be long gone.

But there's nothing in either the Phys.org article or the abstract of the original paper to suggest that they did find any soft tissues, as opposed to just imprints of soft tissues: "We report on an exceptional specimen of Eoconfuciusornis preserving rare soft-tissue traces of the ovary and wing." The anonymous YEC liar is conflating fossilised soft tissue with preserved soft tissue.

Not that Jorge the welcher cares about facts - he'll ignore any criticism of the substance of his latest find just like he ignored such criticisms of the previous ones. He is too much of a cowardly fraud to discuss any actual science.
    Last edited by Roy; 03-27-2017 at 05:46 PM.
    JohnMartin: "My assertions are fact. They are so fact that even when you deny them, you assert them by implication as shown above.
    Hansgeorg: "3½ is not a number"
    37818: "What makes you think you are self aware?"
    granpa: "we are sons of noah even though noah lived long before the first hominids "

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    "my candidate"? I'm too smart to fall for the filthy scam that politics is. I do enjoy poking fun at people that fall prey to that scam. Oh, and to be truthful, I did "vote" for Trump but that was only to keep the Criminal Clinton Cartel out of the White House-- it had nothing to do with any political affiliation.

100-million-year-plus soft tissue just keeps showing up to embarrass the Evo-Faithful.

"What do you do with unrepentant sinners? Instead of bowing their heads in shame and quitting science, they are taking ownership of their sins. They are saying it proves that soft tissue can last for millions of years!

Don’t you remember the shock at those initial discoveries? Nobody predicted that soft tissue would remain even a million years, let alone 130 million. They are demonstrating that the Cult of Darwin cannot be falsified. It is not science."
    [my highlights]

As I've stated many times here on TWeb, nothing - NOTHING!!! - will get the Evo-Faithful to abandon their Materialistic religion. They'd rather slit their wrists with a rusty blade.

You may now begin spinning this latest evidence against your religious beliefs.
    Or you can just totally ignore it -- same difference. Hehehe

Jorge
    Jorge - the age of the earth and the long history of life on it is no more questionable than that the Earth is itself not flat but rather a globe orbitting the sun. So yes, when we discover that there are perhaps microscopic remnants of the living material in a 130million year old fossilized bone, we don't run and ask if indeed the Dinosaur bone might be only 6,000 years old. Any more than some optical abbheration that lets me see farther than the expected distance will make be doubt the Earth is round.

First of all, we have remnants of Mammoths that are 20,000 years old with MOST of the material intact. So clearly, these dinosaur remnants, if they were exceptionally preserved and only a few thousand years old, would contain a whole heck of a lot more than just microscopic possible molecular samples of the original.

So what I(and any sane, rational person) will do is try to understand how that material survivied, and under what conditions I might expect to find other samples like it. There is no consilient evidence to support your viewpoint, and reams of evidence against it. That is just the way it is.

Jim
    Last edited by oxmixmudd; 03-27-2017 at 11:35 PM.
    Jorge's trueorigins paper: "...it is known that other volcanic features match what is usually associated with impact craters including ... shatter cones and crystal deformations"

Planetary Science Institute: "Shatter cones … are found in only two places on Earth, 1) in nuclear test sites and 2) meteorite impact structures. They are formed as a result of the high pressure, high velocity shock wave ...

maximum pressures from 45 to 200 times greater than found in volcanic events (2->20 Gpa)

6. Amen Duragizer amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Christian Bible-based
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by HMS_Beagle View Post
    Yes it did - another scientifically illiterate nincompoop desperately trying to spin a scientific discovery into the ridiculous claim dinosaur fossils are only 4500 years old.

I rest my case.

Jorge

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian Bible-based
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy View Post
    So he's your preferred candidate, welcher.Does H Clinton welch on bets? Just the usual YEC lies.

The writers neglect to mention that most of the "soft tissue" Jiang et al. are referring to is mineralized material that retains the shape and structure of the original tissue, and instead give the impression that the soft tissue remains unfossilised.

In particular, this:
    Source: the welcher's source

In their chemical analysis, the nine authors compared the soft tissue with modern samples of collagen and found a close match. “These FTIR spectra and mapping imply that amino acid residues may be present,” they say.

is blatantly dishonest.

This is the graph from the original paper:
    graph2.jpg
    That's not a close match. As Jiang et al. write: The peaks at 1,652 and 1,510 cm−1 correspond to the diagnostic amide I and II absorbances, respectively, They have a correspondence of two absorption peaks. No sign of actual collagen. Perhaps the anonymous YEC hack doesn't know that collagen isn't an amino-acid, or hopes his readers don't.

Then there's this:
    Source: ibid

A separate paper in National Science Review reported an even earlier fossil bird, Eoconfuciusornis, from the Early Cretaceous Jehol Formation in China (131–120 million Darwin Years). Phys.org calls it “the most exceptionally preserved fossil bird discovered to date.”

Researchers have not found fossils from any other bird from the Jehol period that reveal so many types of soft tissue (feathers, skin, collagen, ovarian follicles).

Once again, though, the focus is not on the implications of finding soft tissue that should be long gone.

But there's nothing in either the Phys.org article or the abstract of the original paper to suggest that they did find any soft tissues, as opposed to just imprints of soft tissues: "We report on an exceptional specimen of Eoconfuciusornis preserving rare soft-tissue traces of the ovary and wing." The anonymous YEC liar is conflating fossilised soft tissue with preserved soft tissue.

Not that Jorge the welcher cares about facts - he'll ignore any criticism of the substance of his latest find just like he ignored such criticisms of the previous ones. He is too much of a cowardly fraud to discuss any actual science.

I rest my case.

Jorge

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian Bible-based
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    Jorge - the age of the earth and the long history of life on it is no more questionable than that the Earth is itself not flat but rather a globe orbitting the sun. So yes, when we discover that there are perhaps microscopic remnants of the living material in a 130million year old fossilized bone, we don't run and ask if indeed the Dinosaur bone might be only 6,000 years old. Any more than some optical abbheration that lets me see farther than the expected distance will make be doubt the Earth is round.

First of all, we have remnants of Mammoths that are 20,000 years old with MOST of the material intact. So clearly, these dinosaur remnants, if they were exceptionally preserved and only a few thousand years old, would contain a whole heck of a lot more than just microscopic possible molecular samples of the original.

So what I(and any sane, rational person) will do is try to understand how that material survivied, and under what conditions I might expect to find other samples like it. There is no consilient evidence to support your viewpoint, and reams of evidence against it. That is just the way it is.

Jim

I rest my case.

Jorge

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

I rest my case.

Jorge
    If you rest your case, why do you keep posting?

11. Amen sylas, Roy, Duragizer amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorge the welcher View Post

I rest my case.
    You haven't made a case, welcher, you've just run away from discussion of the evidence. Again. As usual.

Where's the $150?
    JohnMartin: "My assertions are fact. They are so fact that even when you deny them, you assert them by implication as shown above.
    Hansgeorg: "3½ is not a number"
    37818: "What makes you think you are self aware?"
    granpa: "we are sons of noah even though noah lived long before the first hominids "