Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Gee, just what Jorge said ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jorge View Post
    "my candidate"? I'm too smart to fall for the filthy scam that politics is. I do enjoy poking fun at people that fall prey to that scam. Oh, and to be truthful, I did "vote" for Trump but that was only to keep the Criminal Clinton Cartel out of the White House-- it had nothing to do with any political affiliation.
    Hey, while I'm here I may as well not totally waste the brief visit.
    Here's the latest anti-Evo evidence that I came across ...

http://crev.info/2017/03/more-soft-t...s-fossil-bird/

100-million-year-plus soft tissue just keeps showing up to embarrass the Evo-Faithful.

I really enjoyed the comment of the site's owner - sounded just like me:

"What do you do with unrepentant sinners? Instead of bowing their heads in shame and quitting science, they are taking ownership of their sins. They are saying it proves that soft tissue can last for millions of years!

Don’t you remember the shock at those initial discoveries? Nobody predicted that soft tissue would remain even a million years, let alone 130 million. They are demonstrating that the Cult of Darwin cannot be falsified. It is not science."
    [my highlights]

As I've stated many times here on TWeb, nothing - NOTHING!!! - will get the Evo-Faithful to abandon their Materialistic religion. They'd rather slit their wrists with a rusty blade.

You may now begin spinning this latest evidence against your religious beliefs.
    Or you can just totally ignore it -- same difference. Hehehe

Jorge
    smiley yawn.gif

Pick up a couple issues of any publication dealing with scientific discoveries and you'll find a couple articles describing things that shocked people because they hadn't anticipated it.

I was reading an article a few weeks ago about scientists surveying the coastline of the Black Sea who discovered a bunch of wrecked ships dating from Byzantine to Renaissance times. They were more than a little surprised to find that on several of them the riggings were still intact since rope rots away in salt water in about a century. They figure it must be due to the anoxic nature of the water.

Similarly, last month I read about amateur archaeologists discovering a Bronze Age sword blade in a field in Denmark. The approximately 3000 year old sword was not only completely intact which is surprising enough but to everyone's astonishment it was still sharp.

Going by Jorge logic™ these findings just invalidated archaeology and metallurgy.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
      So he's your preferred candidate, welcher.Does H Clinton welch on bets? Just the usual YEC lies.

The writers neglect to mention that most of the "soft tissue" Jiang et al. are referring to is mineralized material that retains the shape and structure of the original tissue, and instead give the impression that the soft tissue remains unfossilised.

In particular, this:
      Source: the welcher's source

In their chemical analysis, the nine authors compared the soft tissue with modern samples of collagen and found a close match. “These FTIR spectra and mapping imply that amino acid residues may be present,” they say.

© Copyright Original Source

is blatantly dishonest.

This is the graph from the original paper:
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]21597[/ATTACH]
      That's not a close match. As Jiang et al. write: The peaks at 1,652 and 1,510 cm−1 correspond to the diagnostic amide I and II absorbances, respectively, They have a correspondence of two absorption peaks. No sign of actual collagen. Perhaps the anonymous YEC hack doesn't know that collagen isn't an amino-acid, or hopes his readers don't.

Then there's this:
      Source: ibid

A separate paper in National Science Review reported an even earlier fossil bird, Eoconfuciusornis, from the Early Cretaceous Jehol Formation in China (131–120 million Darwin Years). Phys.org calls it “the most exceptionally preserved fossil bird discovered to date.”

Researchers have not found fossils from any other bird from the Jehol period that reveal so many types of soft tissue (feathers, skin, collagen, ovarian follicles).

Once again, though, the focus is not on the implications of finding soft tissue that should be long gone.

© Copyright Original Source

But there's nothing in either the Phys.org article or the abstract of the original paper to suggest that they did find any soft tissues, as opposed to just imprints of soft tissues: "We report on an exceptional specimen of Eoconfuciusornis preserving rare soft-tissue traces of the ovary and wing." The anonymous YEC liar is conflating fossilised soft tissue with preserved soft tissue.

Not that Jorge the welcher cares about facts - he'll ignore any criticism of the substance of his latest find just like he ignored such criticisms of the previous ones. He is too much of a cowardly fraud to discuss any actual science.
      This appears to be the latest trend among YEC organizations -- reporting discoveries of imprints and the like as discoveries of soft tissues.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        If you rest your case, why do you keep posting?
        Uhmmm ... could it be because there are different posters, just maybe?

I'll bet you have to be guided on how to fold toilet paper.

Jorge

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
          You haven't made a case, welcher, you've just run away from discussion of the evidence. Again. As usual.

Where's the $150?
          Until I witnessed first-hand the blatant hypocrisy and mega-criminal tactics of the Liberal Leftists during the past election, I hadn't made the connection with Evolutionists. By golly, they are one and the same!!! There's something to this ...

Again, so as to not make this quick stop-over a total waste of time,
          here's a beautiful quote that I ran across just recently:

"Being an evolutionist means there is no bad news. If new species appear abruptly in the fossil record, that just means evolution operates in spurts. If species then persist for eons with little modification, that just means evolution takes long breaks. If clever mechanisms are discovered in biology, that just means evolution is smarter than we imagined. If strikingly similar designs are found in distant species, that just means evolution repeats itself. If significant differences are found in allied species, that just means evolution sometimes introduces new designs rapidly. If no likely mechanism can be found for the large-scale change evolution requires, that just means evolution is mysterious. If adaptation responds to environmental signals, that just means evolution has more foresight than was thought. If major predictions of evolution are found to be false, that just means evolution is more complex than we thought." Cornelius Hunter

Truer words have never been spoken. Note that the above is just another version of what I had posted: "As I've stated many times here on TWeb, nothing - NOTHING!!! - will get the Evo-Faithful to abandon their Materialistic religion. They'd rather slit their wrists with a rusty blade."

Bwahahahahaha!

Jorge

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]21600[/ATTACH]

Pick up a couple issues of any publication dealing with scientific discoveries and you'll find a couple articles describing things that shocked people because they hadn't anticipated it.

I was reading an article a few weeks ago about scientists surveying the coastline of the Black Sea who discovered a bunch of wrecked ships dating from Byzantine to Renaissance times. They were more than a little surprised to find that on several of them the riggings were still intact since rope rots away in salt water in about a century. They figure it must be due to the anoxic nature of the water.

Similarly, last month I read about amateur archaeologists discovering a Bronze Age sword blade in a field in Denmark. The approximately 3000 year old sword was not only completely intact which is surprising enough but to everyone's astonishment it was still sharp.

Going by Jorge logic™ these findings just invalidated archaeology and metallurgy.
            wow, I mean, WOW!!! The extent that specimens like you will travel to defend your religion makes my efforts to promote God's Kingdom pale in comparison. Check out my last post (quote by Cornelius Hunter) -- it is so apropos!

Jorge

Comment

Originally posted by Jorge the welcher View Post
              Here's an appropriate quote I encountered a few months ago:

"Call me out if the money doesn't arrive."

Where's the $150 you owe, welcher?
              Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
              MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

Until I witnessed first-hand the blatant hypocrisy and mega-criminal tactics of the Liberal Leftists during the past election, I hadn't made the connection with Evolutionists. By golly, they are one and the same!!! There's something to this ...

"Being an evolutionist means there is no bad news. If new species appear abruptly in the fossil record, that just means evolution operates in spurts. If species then persist for eons with little modification, that just means evolution takes long breaks. If clever mechanisms are discovered in biology, that just means evolution is smarter than we imagined. If strikingly similar designs are found in distant species, that just means evolution repeats itself. If significant differences are found in allied species, that just means evolution sometimes introduces new designs rapidly. If no likely mechanism can be found for the large-scale change evolution requires, that just means evolution is mysterious. If adaptation responds to environmental signals, that just means evolution has more foresight than was thought. If major predictions of evolution are found to be false, that just means evolution is more complex than we thought." Cornelius Hunter

Truer words have never been spoken. Note that the above is just another version of what I had posted: "As I've stated many times here on TWeb, nothing - NOTHING!!! - will get the Evo-Faithful to abandon their Materialistic religion. They'd rather slit their wrists with a rusty blade."

Bwahahahahaha!

Jorge

Jorge - what you fail to comprehend or factor into your tirades is that there is very, very clear evidence that life has existed on the Earth for hundreds of millions of years, and that the sets of life in the various epochs of life on the Earth are very, very different.

It is this simple fact that drove the discovery of the concept of the evolution of life. And just as analogously with the impact crater idiocy some other cause does not solve the problem for YEC of their existence, finding another explanation for the fact life has a long history on the Earth does NOTHING to help the YEC POV.

HOW life changed over time is completely independent of that the history exists. And it is this relative orthogonality of the fact of the history verses the reason for the history that the theory of evolution can stand in the broad sense even though the evidence can and must drive corrections and enhancements of the process elements of the theory. The quote you have in green is simply direct evidence you and its author are completely ignorant on this point (or completely incapable of creating a sound logical argument).

And frankly, there is room in that history for the idea of intelligent intervention - IF there was objective (i.e. scientific) evidence to support it. But there is NO room for a compression of that history into a period of 6000 years. It just can't be done. There is no consiliant and scientifically sound interpretation of the data that will lead to that small an elapsed period of time - or anything within several orders of magnitude of that number.

Jim
                My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Uhmmm ... could it be because there are different posters, just maybe?

I'll bet you have to be guided on how to fold toilet paper.

Jorge
                  so that means you wont be posting to Roy and Ox then, right? because you "rest your case?"

Comment

Bwahahahahaha!

Jorge
                    You said you rested your case. Why are you still posting to Roy?

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                      Jorge - what you fail to comprehend
                      I'm not convinced this is entirely true . I'm sure he and those of his ilk would be able to understand* plenty of the evidence. However, as you and others have posted before, only evidence that leads to a 6-12kyr timeframe can be accepted by YEC. Everything else must be wrong, it has to be wrong, it can only be wrong. Consilience be damned. They uphold the few erroneous data points as being sufficient to show that the rest of the data field can be dismissed with no further thought.

One can take his quote of Cornelius Hunter and apply it to YEC's version of the Genesis. Whatever needs to be done to account for any evidence that doesn't point towards 6-12kyr timeframe is notched up to yet another of God's undisclosed miracles or it's a problem to resolve at some point in the future. Nothing can overturn that view until they begin to honestly accept such a view is falsifiable and the data shows it to be false. IIRC that is what Glenn Morton went through.

The question is, what good can come from continually engaging people like Jorge in these forums? They demonstrate they'll never accept evidence of a particular type and often use invective responses, rarely if ever engaging with the actual data. So it becomes a game a chest beating and hollering and nothing is ever resolved.

(* to what degree they understand it will vary, but surely to a cursory level sufficient to know what the data represents and how the evidence is being presented to support gigayear timeframe, which is automatically wrong according to the AiG and others membership articles)

Comment

Originally posted by Omega Red View Post
                        I'm not convinced this is entirely true . I'm sure he and those of his ilk would be able to understand* plenty of the evidence. However, as you and others have posted before, only evidence that leads to a 6-12kyr timeframe can be accepted by YEC. Everything else must be wrong, it has to be wrong, it can only be wrong. Consilience be damned. They uphold the few erroneous data points as being sufficient to show that the rest of the data field can be dismissed with no further thought.

One can take his quote of Cornelius Hunter and apply it to YEC's version of the Genesis. Whatever needs to be done to account for any evidence that doesn't point towards 6-12kyr timeframe is notched up to yet another of God's undisclosed miracles or it's a problem to resolve at some point in the future. Nothing can overturn that view until they begin to honestly accept such a view is falsifiable and the data shows it to be false. IIRC that is what Glenn Morton went through.

The question is, what good can come from continually engaging people like Jorge in these forums? They demonstrate they'll never accept evidence of a particular type and often use invective responses, rarely if ever engaging with the actual data. So it becomes a game a chest beating and hollering and nothing is ever resolved.

(* to what degree they understand it will vary, but surely to a cursory level sufficient to know what the data represents and how the evidence is being presented to support gigayear timeframe, which is automatically wrong according to the AiG and others membership articles)
                        I guess the answer lies in your own comment "IIRC that is what Glenn Morton went through". One just never knows exactly what particular conversation or fact will poke into whatever areas of logic of intellectual honesty are accessable. So you just keep patiently trying. There is no way to know on the outside looking in how truly impenetrable a person is on an issue like this.

Jim
                        My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                          Jorge - what you fail to comprehend or factor ...

Jim
                          Yeah, yeah, I know ... we "dumb Creationists" are incapable of understanding this "really hard stuff".
                          Only the "superior intellect" of Evolutionists can handle Evolution.
                          Geesh, I'm so depressed!
                          If only I'd been blessed with what Evolutionists have, I'd be able to "comprehend and factor" this Evo-Stuff.
                          I guess I'll just have to die intellectually unfulfilled and unhappy.

Yeah, right ... in your dreams, Bozo!

Bwahahahaha

Jorge

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                            so that means you wont be posting to Roy and Ox then, right? because you "rest your case?"
                            Nope - they are an endless source of amusement for me - always have been, always will be.

But my case is indeed "rested". They just won't ever accept it, that's all. Neither will you.

Jorge

Comment

Yeah, yeah, I know ... we "dumb Creationists" are incapable of understanding this "really hard stuff".
                              Only the "superior intellect" of Evolutionists can handle Evolution.
                              Geesh, I'm so depressed!
                              If only I'd been blessed with what Evolutionists have, I'd be able to "comprehend and factor" this Evo-Stuff.
                              I guess I'll just have to die intellectually unfulfilled and unhappy.

Yeah, right ... in your dreams, Bozo!

Bwahahahaha

Jorge
                              You are not the only creationist on this site, Jorge. I am one too. And I think you are a moron.

Comment

Originally posted by Omega Red View Post

Wow - clearly the more time goes by, the deeper into the weeds you wander.
                                If believing the above keeps you warm at night then go for it, kiddo.
                                Just know that you couldn't be further from facts and the truth if you tried.

Jorge

Comment