Announcement

Collapse

Apologetics 301 Guidelines

If you think this is the area where you tell everyone you are sorry for eating their lunch out of the fridge, it probably isn't the place for you

This forum is open discussion between atheists and all theists to defend and debate their views on religion or non-religion. Please respect that this is a Christian-owned forum and refrain from gratuitous blasphemy. VERY wide leeway is given in range of expression and allowable behavior as compared to other areas of the forum, and moderation is not overly involved unless necessary. Please keep this in mind. Atheists who wish to interact with theists in a way that does not seek to undermine theistic faith may participate in the World Religions Department. Non-debate question and answers and mild and less confrontational discussions can take place in General Theistics.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Counterfeits.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
    Oh, so you have verifiable evidence of the supernatural?
    Every genuine Christian has this evidence in knowing God (1 John 5:12; Romans 8:16; 2 Corinthians 13:5; Romans 8:9).
    . . . the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; . . . -- Romans 1:16 KJV

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1 KJV

Comment

• Hume is right of course - if you pay attention to that "almost."
      1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
      ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
      Scripture before Tradition:
      but that won't prevent others from
      taking it upon themselves to deprive you
      of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

• Originally posted by 37818 View Post
        Every genuine Christian has this evidence in knowing God (1 John 5:12; Romans 8:16; 2 Corinthians 13:5; Romans 8:9).
        So you DON'T have verifiable evidence of the supernatural? OK!

Comment

• Originally posted by tabibito View Post
          Hume is right of course - if you pay attention to that "almost."
          The

Comment

Oh, so you have verifiable evidence of the supernatural?
            Originally posted by Chrawnus View Post
            Whether or not evidence for a deity exists doesn't really make a difference in the matter.
            As I already said, it wouldn't matter, because you wouldn't assess it fairly.

But if we're talking empirically verifiable evidence, then no, I don't. But I don't believe having empirically verifiable evidence for something is a necessity to be justified in having belief in that something.

Comment

• 1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
              ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

• Originally posted by Chrawnus View Post

But if we're talking empirically verifiable evidence, then no, I don't.
                Thank you. I thought not.

But I don't believe having empirically verifiable evidence for something is a necessity to be justified in having belief in that something.

Comment

• My point is demonstrated.
                  1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                  ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

• Originally posted by tabibito View Post
                    My point is demonstrated.
                    No! It's not.

Comment

So you DON'T have verifiable evidence of the supernatural? OK!
                      No. It is you who does not have any evidence you will accept.
                      . . . the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; . . . -- Romans 1:16 KJV

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1 KJV

Comment

• Originally posted by 37818 View Post
                        No. It is you who does not have any evidence you will accept.
                        So what is your verifiable evidence of the supernatural?

Comment

Oh, you have verifiable evidence of the supernatural existing. No? OK come back when you have some. I can't be bothered with your hypotheticals.
                          what if I did have evidence? You would just reject it because you have already decided that there cannot be anything supernatural. You even said that if God himself appeared to you and did anything you asked you would not believe.

That is my point. You don't care about evidence because you are a fundy. You are just like jorge.

False equivalence! Jorge rejects Evolution despite the abundant empirically verifiable evidence supporting it. I reject deities because there is NO empirically verifiable evidence supporting their existence.
                          You have already said that you would reject any evidence at all. So you are just like Jorge.
                          Last edited by Sparko; 05-22-2017, 09:38 AM.

Comment

• This is Tassman's approach to Trump too. Except in that case he believes Trump is guilty WITHOUT any evidence and just assumes that there is evidence that has not been found yet. The exact opposite way that he treats religion, in which he has decided that there is no God and no evidence is sufficient to prove it.

Basically proof means nothing to Tassman. He just decides what he wants to believe, with no evidence, and then nothing can deter him from that belief. He is a closed-minded fundamentalist. Except in his case, he is an atheist instead of a theist. Exact same personality profile. That is why I said he was the flip side of the same coin as Jorge.

Comment

So what is your verifiable evidence of the supernatural?
                              Can anything be verified before nature? There was either something before nature or nothing before nature. We need to start there for your answer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                                what if I did have evidence? You would just reject it because you have already decided that there cannot be anything supernatural. You even said that if God himself appeared to you and did anything you asked you would not believe.

Comment