Announcement

Collapse

LDS - Mormonism Guidelines

Theists only.

Look! It's a bird, no it's a plane, no it's a bicycle built for two!

This forum is a debate area to discuss issues pertaining to the LDS - Mormons. This forum is generally for theists only, and is generaly not the area for debate between atheists and theists. Non-theists may not post here without first obtaining permission from the moderator of this forum. Granting of such permission is subject to Moderator discretion - and may be revoked if the Moderator feels that the poster is not keeping with the spirit of the World Religions Department.

Due to the sensitive nature of the LDS Temple Ceremonies to our LDS posters, we do not allow posting exact text of the temple rituals, articles describing older versions of the ceremony, or links that provide the same information. However discussion of generalities of the ceremony are not off limits. If in doubt, PM the area mod or an Admin

Non-theists are welcome to discuss and debate these issues in the Apologetics 301 forum without such restrictions.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

MormonLeaks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MormonLeaks

Yeah apparently there is a MormonLeaks, like Wikileaks, but for mormons. They release top secret mormon documents.

https://mormonleaks.io/newsroom/

Note: this is just for informational purposes if anyone is interested. Remember we still have a rule around here about not discussing the Mormon Temple Ceremonies and that still holds. This site might contain information that we are not able to discuss on tweb.

Out of curiosity, why aren't we allowed to discuss the Mormon Temple Ceremonies?
    Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

Originally posted by Meh Gerbil View Post
      Out of curiosity, why aren't we allowed to discuss the Mormon Temple Ceremonies?
      It is sacred to them and tends to drive mormons away from the site when they are discussed by nonmormons. So in concession we have agreed not to discuss the details here. We still allow general discussions about the ceremonies just not specifics.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        It is sacred to them and tends to drive mormons away from the site when they are discussed by nonmormons. So in concession we have agreed not to discuss the details here. We still allow general discussions about the ceremonies just not specifics.
        Translation: This site is owned and operated by the Mormon Church.
        Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

Translation: This site is owned and operated by the Mormon Church.
          You got us. darn.

Comment

I note that, due to this rule, this forum is crazy busy.
            Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
            sigpic
            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
              You got us. darn.
              So I can deconstruct an atheist's world view thereby leaving him an incoherent, slobbering moron (1) but we protect the Mormons?
              Are they endangered?

NOTES
              ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
              1: For examples of my handiwork see Tassman, JimL, sylas.

Comment

A question out of ignorance: are there topics for Muslims, Jews, etc. that similarly drive them away if discussed by 'outsiders'?

Do WE as Christians have any such topics? I've noticed sometimes that blasphemy gets edited(1) out, but that's about it.

(1): I am not sure whether this word should have a double 't' (as in "editted") not.
                We are therefore Christ's ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore on Christ's behalf: 'Be reconciled to God!!'
                - 2 Corinthians 5:20.
                In deviantArt: ll-bisto-ll.deviantart.com
                Christian art and more: Christians.deviantart.com

Comment

So I can deconstruct an atheist's world view thereby leaving him an incoherent, slobbering moron (1) but we protect the Mormons?
                  Are they endangered?

NOTES
                  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  1: For examples of my handiwork see Tassman, JimL, sylas.
                  I like the rule if for no other reason it allowed me to give my dear older little twin brother from another mother (: the prodder of bovines) his very first infraction/warning.

Good times. Good times

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Can we outlaw "worldview" threads?
                    The last Christian left at tweb

Comment

Mormonism is hemorrhaging membership. I think most Mormons have internet access now.

Comment

Originally posted by Trout View Post
                        Mormonism is hemorrhaging membership. I think most Mormons have internet access now.
                        Then it probably won't be long before the Mormon Church bans it from their members...
                        "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

It was my understanding that Mormonism was one of the fastest growing religions in the world behind Islam and non-denominational/Evangelical Christianity. Is that no longer true?

Comment

Originally posted by Adrift View Post
                            It was my understanding that Mormonism was one of the fastest growing religions in the world behind Islam and non-denominational/Evangelical Christianity. Is that no longer true?
                            Their growth rate is as low as its been since 1937.
                            The growth they do enjoy seems to be outside the US, Latin America, Mozambique etc. Locally speaking, active membership has been declining for the last 25 years or so. They have less missionaries, report less baptisms, and aren't developing real geographic membership centers like they were.

Comment

Their growth rate is as low as its been since 1937.
                              The growth they do enjoy seems to be outside the US, Latin America, Mozambique etc. Locally speaking, active membership has been declining for the last 25 years or so. They have less missionaries, report less baptisms, and aren't developing real geographic membership centers like they were.
                              Is that in keeping with the general trend we're seeing throughout Christianity as well (I know most Mainline denominations are also seeing major declines), or are they losing members faster than even most Christian denominations?

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X