Popcorn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Popcorn

I've been pondering this: it seems that every microwaveable popcorn bag has instructions on it which include something along the lines of "don't use the microwave oven's Popcorn setting."

On the other hand, every microwave I've ever seen has a Popcorn button. Why can't the microwave manufacturers communicate with the popcorn manufacturers? Are we doomed to forever have this disconnect in our daily lives?

I use the microwave's Popcorn button, by the way. I'm a rebel.
    I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

This has confused me as well.

I also always use the popcorn button.

"Fire is catching. If we burn, you burn with us!"
    "I'm not going anywhere. I'm going to stay here and cause all kinds of trouble."
    Katniss Everdeen

Christ our Passover has been sacrificed for us. Therefore let us keep the feast.

Comment

The odds are extremely good that someone, somewhere used the "popcorn" button on their microwave, wreaking havoc, causing a lawsuit. That's where pretty much all of the silly warnings come from, like "coffee is hot" and "drill is not a dental tool."
      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
      sigpic
      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
        The odds are extremely good that someone, somewhere used the "popcorn" button on their microwave, wreaking havoc, causing a lawsuit. That's where pretty much all of the silly warnings come from, like "coffee is hot" and "drill is not a dental tool."
        Hm, not a bad theory.
        Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

That button is only for frozen popcorn.

Comment

You guys have a popcorn button on your microwave? Why?
            Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
            1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
            -Ben Witherington III

Comment

~ Russell ("MelMak")

"[Sing] and [make] melody in your heart to the Lord." -- Ephesians 5:19b

Fight spam!

Comment

This is just the popcorn manufacturer protecting you from the CIA.

You see, the way the microwaves' popcorn sensor works is using a microphone to listen to the popping and stops the microwave when the popping slows down.

When you use your popcorn setting, it activates the microphone and the CIA can listen in on the popping. This tells them that you are getting ready to eat a snack and relax in front of the television, which they will promptly hack into and listen in on you yelling at the cheerleader not to go into that dark room alone because she will be killed. They can then record your yelling, and using audio editing software, make you say anything they want and frame you for treason.

So you see, the popcorn manufacturer is trying to save you.

Comment

I heard a story doing the rounds that most of you Americans boil water for a cuppa in the microwave rather than just turning the kettle on.

Why? Inquiring minds want to know.
                  Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
                  1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
                  -Ben Witherington III

Comment

Originally posted by Raphael View Post
                    I heard a story doing the rounds that most of you Americans boil water for a cuppa in the microwave rather than just turning the kettle on.

Cause the water is ready by the time someone read your post and my reply.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                      Cause the water is ready by the time someone read your post and my reply.
                      My dad's induction stove boils water faster than a microwave.
                      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                      sigpic
                      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

They do because it's easier. Even easier than cranking up the Keurig.
                        Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

No. I turn on the kettle. But I have to confess I don't drink tea very often. I drink coffee. I use the kettle for that though.
                          Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                            My dad's induction stove boils water faster than a microwave.
                            My kettle boils water faster than the microwave.
                            Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
                              They do because it's easier. Even easier than cranking up the Keurig.
                              I prefer real coffee to Keurig.

Comment