Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

NY Liberals: demanding teachers be literate is rayciss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speaking of flat earth the ancients did not think it was flat just look at ptolemy's Almagest.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheWall View Post
      Speaking of flat earth the ancients did not think it was flat just look at ptolemy's Almagest.
      You have to understand that to the liberal/atheist/comatose mind that the word 'ancient' means 'stupid'.
      Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

Originally posted by Meh Gerbil View Post
        You have to understand that to the liberal/atheist/comatose mind that the word 'ancient' means 'stupid'.
        73007378.jpg
        Blog: Atheism and the City

If your whole worldview rests on a particular claim being true, you damn well better have evidence for it. You should have tons of evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by The Thinker View Post
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]21430[/ATTACH]
          I'm not sure posting a meme that mocks an old man is making your case.
          Wanna take another shot at it or are you going to sit out the next round?
          Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

I'm not sure posting a meme that mocks an old man is making your case.
            Wanna take another shot at it or are you going to sit out the next round?
            You're just wrong. I know why you'd think the liberal/atheist/comatose mind would think that, because we tend to mock the false beliefs of the ancients. But the ancients knew the earth was round since at least Eratosthenes. The smart ones at least.
            Blog: Atheism and the City

If your whole worldview rests on a particular claim being true, you damn well better have evidence for it. You should have tons of evidence.

Comment

You're just wrong. I know why you'd think the liberal/atheist/comatose mind would think that, because we tend to mock the false beliefs of the ancients. But the ancients knew the earth was round since at least Eratosthenes. The smart ones at least.
              Are you saying this because I'm old?

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21430[/ATTACH]
                Lol, I need to start using this.
                "Down in the lowlands, where the water is deep,
                Hear my cry, hear my shout,
                Save me, save me"

Comment

Originally posted by TheWall View Post
                  Haven't read Discworld. I hear it is good.
                  There are many books, start reading.
                  Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Are you saying this because I'm old?
                    You ain't old, younster.
                    Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

• Originally posted by The Thinker View Post
                      I never made that claim. You are literally debating an imaginary person, like your god. You obviously are incapable of rationally interpreting your interlocutors. Go back to assisting your husband's needs as your lord commands. It's what you do best.
                      Funny because I make perfect scores on my reading comprehension test perhaps you need to seek a refund on your education since you can't commute what your thoughts actually are? Anyway, you keep trying to imply that somehow removing government standards would automatically allow things like YEC to gain some kind of large following. Your evidence to support such an assertion doesn't seem to exist, but who care right? It makes Christians look bad so accuracy doesn't matter right?

All I said is that some Christians would use public money to teach their interpretation of the Bible as fact, and you already know that. When did I say it would be a huge problem to you? Again, you're fighting with a ghost. Try debating my actual view instead of the ones you made up in your head derived from your anti-atheist bias.
                      So what? People are already graduating high school who are YEC's and it isn't as though schools are passing students who are all that scientifically literate anyway. They can't even pass kids along that can read at a functional level or do basic math. Still waiting for a reason I should care about someone being taught YEC with the current failures our schools are turning out yearly.
                      "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment