Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Now The Liberals Are After My Organs...

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Now The Liberals Are After My Organs...

In my state...

Connecticut State Sen. Ted Kennedy Jr. (D-Branford) — son of former U.S. Sen. Ted Kennedy (D-Mass.) — wants to give state government control over what happens to citizens’ organs after they die.

Kennedy recently introduced SB 750, which would automatically enroll Connecticut’s citizens in the organ donation program.

“It’s a bill that would seem to indicate that the state owns your body unless you say otherwise.”
    “If people want to donate their organs after death, I have no problem with that at all, but it should not be coercive in any way,” state Sen. Len Suzio (R-Meriden) told the local Connecticut newspaper The Record-Journal.

As is the case in most states, citizens currently must choose to opt into the organ donor program. Were SB 750 to pass, however, the state would automatically assume a citizen’s consent and could harvest his organs after death, unless he went through the proactive process of opting out of the program beforehand.

http://www.lifezette.com/polizette/c...ngraham_buffer
    "Heaven offers nothing that the mercenary soul can desire. It is safe to tell the pure in heart that they shall see God, for only the pure in heart want to. There are rewards that do not sully motives. A man's love for a woman is not mercenary because he wants to marry her, nor his love for poetry mercenary because he wants to read it, nor his love of exercise less disinterested because he wants to run and leap and walk. Love, by definition, seeks to enjoy its object.” C.S. Lewis

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    That's it. You need to start drinking and smoking more. Also don't skip your vitamin B(acon).

Seriously, though, if I die suddenly and some of my organs can save someone's life, let 'em have it. I'm in paradise anyway.

fwiw,
    guacamole
    ""When I sat with the victim's father, who is a military veteran, and his pastor, and we shed tears together ... I can tell you, it rips your heart out."
    As written about Lt. Richard Collins III, martyred by an alt-right terrorist.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by guacamole View Post
    That's it. You need to start drinking and smoking more. Also don't skip your vitamin B(acon).

Seriously, though, if I die suddenly and some of my organs can save someone's life, let 'em have it. I'm in paradise anyway.

fwiw,
    guacamole
    I have no problem with donating organs - IF IT IS YOUR CHOICE!
    "Heaven offers nothing that the mercenary soul can desire. It is safe to tell the pure in heart that they shall see God, for only the pure in heart want to. There are rewards that do not sully motives. A man's love for a woman is not mercenary because he wants to marry her, nor his love for poetry mercenary because he wants to read it, nor his love of exercise less disinterested because he wants to run and leap and walk. Love, by definition, seeks to enjoy its object.” C.S. Lewis

4. Amen Jedidiah, DesertBerean amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Unspecified
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    It is- you can opt out if you don't want to do so, much like opting in now. See no reason why it might be a bad thing personally.

6. Amen stfoskey15 amen'd this post.
    Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I wouldn't care. I won't be using them anyway. Somebody else might as well.

Yes, I am a donor.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by EvoUK View Post
    It is- you can opt out if you don't want to do so, much like opting in now. See no reason why it might be a bad thing personally.
    The article mentions this, but from what the local news reports say, it will be difficult to opt out, you have to actually go to the State agency.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by mossrose View Post
    Yes, I am a donor.
    Yes, that is your CHOICE.

10. Amen Jedidiah amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    You know what they're gonna do, Seer? The death panels are gonna take your organs away before you're actually dead. It'll be like a reverse abortion.

Seriously, stop fetishizing every element of choice.

fwiw,
    guacamole
    ""When I sat with the victim's father, who is a military veteran, and his pastor, and we shed tears together ... I can tell you, it rips your heart out."
    As written about Lt. Richard Collins III, martyred by an alt-right terrorist.

12. Amen Starlight amen'd this post.
    Faith
    circular balloonist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by guacamole View Post
    You know what they're gonna do, Seer? The death panels are gonna take your organs away before you're actually dead. It'll be like a reverse abortion.

Seriously, stop fetishizing every element of choice.

fwiw,
    guacamole
    The government should pass a law that claims all of your assets unless you opt out.
    I could see that being good for the treasury.

I think these things should be the choice of the family.
    Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

14. Amen seer amen'd this post.
    Faith
    circular balloonist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I think the government should be able to take your organs at will.
    After all, a kidney isn't a sentient being and as such it has no rights.
    It is like some sort of parasite growing in your gut - plus, you have two of them and you should be compelled to share.
    Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

16. Amen Bill the Cat, seer, Trout amen'd this post.