Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Toni the Tampon...

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Toni the Tampon...

What a great world! Though I'm not quite sure how men can menstruate - I must just be unenlightened...

Forget Dr. Seuss. The new Cat in the Hat on the block is “Toni the Tampon,” a character devised by children’s author Cass Clemmer to show kiddies ‘round the nation that men, not just women, can menstruate.

Line forms on the left, people. “The Adventures of Toni the Tampon” is a coloring book and it’s coming to a market near you.
    I know what you’re thinking: Does Toni wear a cape?

No, but the little white tampon does bring a message of hope to transgenders everywhere. And apparently, it’s this: God’s design of male and female can indeed be overcome.

Clemmer on Instagram, bemoaned and bewailed: “The right-wing media has attacked my #periodcoloringbook all week — calling it ‘child abuse’ because it affirms trans and gender non conforming menstruators. In response, I am donating all profits from this week to the @translifeline. If you stand with menstruators of all genders, please share this post. When they go low, we go high.”
    http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...chless-almost/
    The settled happiness and security which we all desire, God withholds from us by the very nature of the world: but joy, pleasure, and merriment, He has scattered around. We are never safe, but we have plenty of fun, and some ecstasy. It is not hard to see why. The security we crave would teach us to rest our hearts in this world and pose an obstacle to our return to God” C.S. Lewis

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Amazing. Absolutely amazing.
    Currently Listening To

Dan Carlin's Hardcore History

"It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job". - Douglas Adams.

Faith
    Catholic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Patrice the Pad, Sebastian the Sponge, Marina the Menstrual Cup and Toni the Tampon...

Personally, I'm a fan of the absurd, and I can see the author is trying to do something about those who treat menstruation as something shameful... but I have to be honest it's a little gross for a coloring book.
    Last edited by Leonhard; 03-17-2017 at 05:07 PM.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Laughing externally but cringing at the biological in accuracies and just the idea of kids having to learn what a period is through this.

Faith
    Unspecified
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Hahaha! That's brilliantly rediculous!

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I wonder if a man had severe... you know what? Never mind...
    Currently Listening To

"It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job". - Douglas Adams.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I wonder how much blood will be spilled over this absurdity. Men don't menstruate, period.
    Hofstadter's Law: It will always take longer than you expect, even if you take into account Hofstadter's Law.

"Metal is an apple--everything's good but the core."

8. Amen Meh Gerbil, mossrose, Cerebrum123 amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zymologist View Post
    Men don't menstruate, period.
    That just proves what a Neanderthal you are!
    The settled happiness and security which we all desire, God withholds from us by the very nature of the world: but joy, pleasure, and merriment, He has scattered around. We are never safe, but we have plenty of fun, and some ecstasy. It is not hard to see why. The security we crave would teach us to rest our hearts in this world and pose an obstacle to our return to God” C.S. Lewis

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I wonder how much blood will be spilled over this absurdity. Men don't menstruate, period.
    I like what you did there.

The writer/illustrator means men who were born as womyn.

Now I hear that the special forces sometimes put tampons in their guns--by which I mean their literal guns--in Vietnam to keep water out. This sounds like a legend to me, but maybe the book is illustrating military history.
    Currently Listening To

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    That's was one of the best bits of truth through comedy I have ever seen.