Happy st patricks day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy st patricks day

Commemerating a man who rose from slavery and introduced christ to ireland.
    sigpic

Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
    sigpic
    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

An Irish holiday celebrating an Englishman. Seems like the Irish should be celebrating Brigid of Kildare instead, course, might be too much pagan baggage to go along with that.

Comment

Not really I mean Appollos was a early church figure. Names dont matter as much as character.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheWall View Post
          Not really I mean Appollos was a early church figure. Names dont matter as much as character.
          Can you break this down a bit. I'm not sure I understand how this post engages with mine (assuming you were talking to me).

Comment

St Brigid may have been named after a Celtics goddess but it doesn't change her christian character much like appolos.
            sigpic

Comment

St Brigid may have been named after a Celtics goddess but it doesn't change her christian character much like appolos.
              Oh I see. Well I think maybe she shares more in common than a name, but I see your point.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrift View Post
                An Irish holiday celebrating an Englishman. Seems like the Irish should be celebrating Brigid of Kildare instead, course, might be too much pagan baggage to go along with that.
                She's also pretty popular, but she's not considered "the apostle to Ireland". Most people who first evangelized an area were foreigners. They're not celebrating St. Patrick because he was an Englishman.
                Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                sigpic
                I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Get it together, Patrick.

"Fire is catching. If we burn, you burn with us!"
                  "I'm not going anywhere. I'm going to stay here and cause all kinds of trouble."
                  Katniss Everdeen

Christ our Passover has been sacrificed for us. Therefore let us keep the feast.

Comment

Lutheran Satire joke intensifies.
                    sigpic

Comment

Lutheran Satire joke intensifies.
                      We had a St. Patrick's day party with my church. One of the priests dressed as St. Patrick and told the story of the saint. Afterward another member of my church had me play Donal/Conall and filmed me asking Fr. Matthew as St. Patrick about the trinity.

"Fire is catching. If we burn, you burn with us!"
                      "I'm not going anywhere. I'm going to stay here and cause all kinds of trouble."
                      Katniss Everdeen

Christ our Passover has been sacrificed for us. Therefore let us keep the feast.

Comment