Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Vatican to allow Islamic prayers

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Vatican to allow Islamic prayers

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...amic-prayers-/

For the first time in Vatican history, the pope allowed for the reading of Islamic prayers and Koran readings from the Catholic facility.
    The readings and prayer came as Pope Francis met with Israeli President Shimon Peres and Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas in Vatican City, a gathering designed to pray for Middle Eastern peace.

A Holy See spokesman said the prayers were supposed to be a “pause in politics,” Breitbart reported. The pope said, too, that he hoped the interfaith prayers would foster peace specifically between Israelis and Palestinians, the news outlet said.

This pairs nicely with Pope Poz cutting penalties for some child molester priests. I guess he wanted them to feel more welcome?

I put this in politics because the Catholic Church isn't a real church anymore, it's just an appendage for the progressive suicide cult. I guess the answer to the eternal question "Is the Pope Catholic" is now "well, umm, you see..."

2. Amen Meh Gerbil amen'd this post.
    Faith
    circular balloonist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Executor View Post
    I guess the answer to the eternal question "Is the Pope Catholic" is now "well, umm, you see..."

What next, a Lady Gaga concert?
    Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I honestly don't think the RCC cares much about the sex abuse scandal other than trying to make it go away quietly.
    Something is always happening, but when it happens, people don't always see it, or understand it... or accept it.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    If I recall correctly, the Pope Benedict XVI turned toward Mecca to pray when he visited the Hagia Sophia. The Roman Catholic leadership is sometimes seems to lean too uncomfortably towards ecumenism for some of it's flock.
    "Shall we mourn here deedless forever, a shadow-folk, mist-haunting, dropping vain tears in the
    thankless sea?"

Must...have...caffeine One Bad Pig's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by guacamole View Post
    If I recall correctly, the Pope Benedict XVI turned toward Mecca to pray when he visited the Hagia Sophia. The Roman Catholic leadership is sometimes seems to lean too uncomfortably towards ecumenism for some of it's flock.
    If he turned toward the east, it's not Mecca he was pointing at; he was assuming Orthodox praxis at what was built as an Orthodox church.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio

I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    If he turned toward the east, it's not Mecca he was pointing at; he was assuming Orthodox praxis at what was built as an Orthodox church.
    Lulz!
    The last Christian left at tweb

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trout View Post
    Lulz!
    Please explain. I'm slow on the uptake.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio

I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    Please explain. I'm slow on the uptake.
    Obviously you need to be even slower if you're not on the same wavelength as him.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    My mistake. He turned toward Mecca and prayed in Muslim posture during his tour of the Blue Mosque.

CBS News

Of interest:

Quote Originally Posted by CBS
    The pope had been invited by the Grand Mufti, who acted as tour guide. The mufti explained the five basic conditions of Islam, then invited Benedict to join him in prayer. As the two stood side by side facing in the direction of Mecca, as Muslims must do when they pray, the pope closed his eyes, and his lips seemed to move ever so slightly. He stayed that way for a good half a minute after the mufti had finished his own brief devotions.

The press then had to go through its usual round of asking each other "did-he-didn't-he," agree that he did — and then wait for confirmation from the Vatican spokesman, who more or less confirmed that the pope had indeed prayed, in a manner of speaking.
    and

Quote Originally Posted by Fake News
    Prayer, or any sign of religious devotion inside the stunningly beautiful edifice [The Hagai Sophia] is strictly forbidden, so naturally all eyes were on Benedict's hands to see if he made the sign of the cross. Both there and in the Blue Mosque, however he kept his hands either clasped in front of him, straight at his sides, or his arms folded.
    And, of special rebuke to yours truly:

Quote Originally Posted by Secular Daemonic Utterances
    "It is big relief that he did not pray and kneel down in Hagia Sophia."

The thought should not even have crossed our minds. Benedict was not about to ruin what has to be the biggest diplomatic coup of his papacy by making that kind of basic error.
    Fwiw,
    guacamole
    "Shall we mourn here deedless forever, a shadow-folk, mist-haunting, dropping vain tears in the
    thankless sea?"

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Executor View Post
    Obviously you need to be even slower if you're not on the same wavelength as him.
    He's not slow, just cracked.