Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Vatican to allow Islamic prayers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seer View Post
    The Islamic god is demonic.
    So, I take it your answer to my initial question is 'no', you did not bother to find the text of the Islamic prayers that were used.
    βλέπομεν γὰρ ἄρτι δι᾿ ἐσόπτρου ἐν αἰνίγματι, τότε δὲ πρόσωπον πρὸς πρόσωπον·
    ἄρτι γινώσκω ἐκ μέρους, τότε δὲ ἐπιγνώσομαι καθὼς καὶ ἐπεγνώσθην.

אָכֵ֕ן אַתָּ֖ה אֵ֣ל מִסְתַּתֵּ֑ר אֱלֹהֵ֥י יִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל מוֹשִֽׁיעַ׃

Comment

Originally posted by robrecht View Post
      So, I take it your answer to my initial question is 'no', you did not bother to find the text of the Islamic prayers that were used.
      Why would it make a difference? We clearly have two different gods.
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

"Down in the lowlands, where the water is deep,
        Hear my cry, hear my shout,
        Save me, save me"

Comment

The text would necessarily be in Arabic, which seer probably cannot read.
          Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
          sigpic
          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Personally, I ascribe to the dominant monotheistic version of Christianity. We believe there is only one God. Hence the the term, 'monotheism'.

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
              The text would necessarily be in Arabic, which seer probably cannot read.
              I think the Vatican would have provided translations in several languages.

Comment

Personally, I ascribe to the dominant monotheistic version of Christianity. We believe there is only one God. Hence the the term, 'monotheism'.
                That doesn't mean every religion worships that God does it?

Comment

Saying there is only one actual God=/= everyone worshiping said God. Someone worshiping Ganesh isn't worshiping YHWH.

Comment

Their god does not have a Son, ours does, our God is triune in nature, theirs is unitary. They are not the same god, ours is the one true God, theirs is a demonic counterfeit.
                    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Their god does not have a Son, ours does, our God is triune in nature, theirs is unitary. They are not the same god, ours is the one true God, theirs is a demonic counterfeit.
                      If you're ever talking to people on the street in Saudi Arabia you might want to bury that statement somewhere a little deeper in your message.
                      Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

Originally posted by Meh Gerbil View Post
                        If you're ever talking to people on the street in Saudi Arabia you might want to bury that statement somewhere a little deeper in your message.
                        Yes, if I want to keep my head...

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                          That doesn't mean every religion worships that God does it?
                          No, it just means that there is only one God, not two different gods.

Comment

No, it just means that there is only one God, not two different gods.
                            Yes there is only one actual God, and a lot of false deities, like Allah.

Comment

Yes there is only one actual God, and a lot of false deities, like Allah.
                              he is about to go all pedant on you. I can tell.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
                                http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...amic-prayers-/

This pairs nicely with Pope Poz cutting penalties for some child molester priests. I guess he wanted them to feel more welcome?

I put this in politics because the Catholic Church isn't a real church anymore, it's just an appendage for the progressive suicide cult. I guess the answer to the eternal question "Is the Pope Catholic" is now "well, umm, you see..."
                                What's next, are they going to dissent into immorality and let pedophiles take over their ranks???
                                Blog: Atheism and the City

If your whole worldview rests on a particular claim being true, you damn well better have evidence for it. You should have tons of evidence.

Comment