Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Vatican to allow Islamic prayers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vatican to allow Islamic prayers

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...amic-prayers-/

For the first time in Vatican history, the pope allowed for the reading of Islamic prayers and Koran readings from the Catholic facility.
    The readings and prayer came as Pope Francis met with Israeli President Shimon Peres and Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas in Vatican City, a gathering designed to pray for Middle Eastern peace.

A Holy See spokesman said the prayers were supposed to be a “pause in politics,” Breitbart reported. The pope said, too, that he hoped the interfaith prayers would foster peace specifically between Israelis and Palestinians, the news outlet said.

This pairs nicely with Pope Poz cutting penalties for some child molester priests. I guess he wanted them to feel more welcome?

I put this in politics because the Catholic Church isn't a real church anymore, it's just an appendage for the progressive suicide cult. I guess the answer to the eternal question "Is the Pope Catholic" is now "well, umm, you see..."
    "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
    I guess the answer to the eternal question "Is the Pope Catholic" is now "well, umm, you see..."

What next, a Lady Gaga concert?
    Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

I honestly don't think the RCC cares much about the sex abuse scandal other than trying to make it go away quietly.
      "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

If I recall correctly, the Pope Benedict XVI turned toward Mecca to pray when he visited the Hagia Sophia. The Roman Catholic leadership is sometimes seems to lean too uncomfortably towards ecumenism for some of it's flock.
        "Down in the lowlands, where the water is deep,
        Hear my cry, hear my shout,
        Save me, save me"

Comment

Originally posted by guacamole View Post
          If I recall correctly, the Pope Benedict XVI turned toward Mecca to pray when he visited the Hagia Sophia. The Roman Catholic leadership is sometimes seems to lean too uncomfortably towards ecumenism for some of it's flock.
          If he turned toward the east, it's not Mecca he was pointing at; he was assuming Orthodox praxis at what was built as an Orthodox church.
          Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
          sigpic
          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
            If he turned toward the east, it's not Mecca he was pointing at; he was assuming Orthodox praxis at what was built as an Orthodox church.
            Lulz!
            The last Christian left at tweb

Comment

Originally posted by Trout View Post
              Lulz!
              Please explain. I'm slow on the uptake.
              Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
              sigpic
              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Please explain. I'm slow on the uptake.
                Obviously you need to be even slower if you're not on the same wavelength as him.
                "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

My mistake. He turned toward Mecca and prayed in Muslim posture during his tour of the Blue Mosque.

CBS News

Of interest:

Originally posted by CBS
                  The pope had been invited by the Grand Mufti, who acted as tour guide. The mufti explained the five basic conditions of Islam, then invited Benedict to join him in prayer. As the two stood side by side facing in the direction of Mecca, as Muslims must do when they pray, the pope closed his eyes, and his lips seemed to move ever so slightly. He stayed that way for a good half a minute after the mufti had finished his own brief devotions.

The press then had to go through its usual round of asking each other "did-he-didn't-he," agree that he did — and then wait for confirmation from the Vatican spokesman, who more or less confirmed that the pope had indeed prayed, in a manner of speaking.
                  and

Originally posted by Fake News
                  Prayer, or any sign of religious devotion inside the stunningly beautiful edifice [The Hagai Sophia] is strictly forbidden, so naturally all eyes were on Benedict's hands to see if he made the sign of the cross. Both there and in the Blue Mosque, however he kept his hands either clasped in front of him, straight at his sides, or his arms folded.
                  And, of special rebuke to yours truly:

Originally posted by Secular Daemonic Utterances
                  "It is big relief that he did not pray and kneel down in Hagia Sophia."

The thought should not even have crossed our minds. Benedict was not about to ruin what has to be the biggest diplomatic coup of his papacy by making that kind of basic error.
                  Fwiw,
                  guacamole
                  Save me, save me"

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
                    Obviously you need to be even slower if you're not on the same wavelength as him.
                    He's not slow, just cracked.

sigpic

Comment

My mistake. He turned toward Mecca and prayed in Muslim posture during his tour of the Blue Mosque.

CBS News

Of interest:
                      Probably enough to get him martyred under the Ottomans if he still insisted on being a Christian afterwards.
                      and

And, of special rebuke to yours truly:
                      These might have been germane had you provided actual cites.

sigpic

Comment

Probably enough to get him martyred under the Ottomans if he still insisted on being a Christian afterwards.
                        No doubt.

These might have been germane had you provided actual cites.
                        They were from the link i posted. In any case, that was not pointed at you: "yours truly" tends to refer to the speaker; That is, me.

Yours truly,
                        Guacamole
                        Save me, save me"

Comment

No doubt.

They were from the link i posted.
                          Interesting. Me not being the diplomatic type, I would have probably responded by saying, "you pray in your way, I'll pray in mine" and crossed myself, daring all and sundry to hyperventilate over the non-double standard.
                          In any case, that was not pointed at you: "yours truly" tends to refer to the speaker; That is, me.

Yours truly,
                          Guacamole
                          Well, yes.

sigpic

Comment

Interesting. Me not being the diplomatic type, I would have probably responded by saying, "you pray in your way, I'll pray in mine" and crossed myself, daring all and sundry to hyperventilate over the non-double standard.
                            That's what irritates me about the gesture and all--I doubt that the Muslims praying in the Vatican will pray in the "Christian" posture. With some people, an attempt a diplomatic ecumenicism is not worth it.

fwiw,
                            guacamole
                            Save me, save me"

Comment

"The abomination that causes desolation..."
                              Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment