Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Vatican to allow Islamic prayers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by guacamole View Post
    That's what irritates me about the gesture and all--I doubt that the Muslims praying in the Vatican will pray in the "Christian" posture. With some people, an attempt a diplomatic ecumenicism is not worth it.

fwiw,
    guacamole
    Ecumenism is rarely worth it. An attempt to understand differences so they can be resolved is fine; lowest common denominator ecumenism, however, is revolting.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
    sigpic
    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
      Ecumenism is rarely worth it. An attempt to understand differences so they can be resolved is fine; lowest common denominator ecumenism, however, is revolting.
      LCD ecumenism ends up in creating a religion never before practiced by anyone, a sort of pan-religious vegetable soup-cum-goulash, that is every bit as messy. Basically, it's Tashlanism. And it is every bit as Shift-y. LCD is an easy way out. One has far more real unity between (say) RCs, Calvinists and Orthodox Christians who are convinced of the truth of their convictions and won't surrender them, but disagree in charity with the others, than between members of different groups who are supposedly at one because of some ecumenical Common Statement.

The ARCIC documents are a bad joke - what little value they had is undermined by more recent developments. Ecumenists seem to think that once there is some measure of notional agreement, the behavioural decisions of the participating bodies is of no great importance. ARCIC needs to be scrapped, and begun again from scratch. ARCIC's statement on the Ministry has nothing to say about Anglican priestesses or gay Anglican bishops or bishopesses, so it is even more liable to criticism than it was when it first came out. And it does absolutely nothing to explain how Geneva-minded Anglicans, who find the Catholic priesthood with its objective and visible Sacrifice of the Mass abhorrent, can be expected to agree with the Catholic doctrine. Anglican apologists, and the official doctrinal and confessional statements of the C of E, have for centuries insisted, in the clearest and most uncompromising terms, that the Mass is blasphemous. This is a perfectly intelligible position, and it is impossible to retcon 400 years of Anglicanism (not all of it confined to the C of E) to pass off Anglican Eucharistic doctrine as indistinguishable from that of the CC. It was not, and is not.

Honest and principled disagreement, graciously and charitably intended and expressed, is far better than that.

Comment

Jack chick would have loved it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          Jack chick would have loved it.
          Where's my smiley holding a lighter when I need it.
          "Down in the lowlands, where the water is deep,
          Hear my cry, hear my shout,
          Save me, save me"

Comment

Will suffice instead of a lighter?

Comment

According to Jack Chick, the Pope is the one who invented Islam in the first place so him facing Mecca to pray is just par for the course.

ScreenHunter_.jpg
              https://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0029/0029_01.asp

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
                Will suffice instead of a lighter?
                Yeah. My smileys dialogue box is no working.

Save me, save me"

Comment

According to Jack Chick, the Pope is the one who invented Islam in the first place so him facing Mecca to pray is just par for the course.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21475[/ATTACH]
                  https://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0029/0029_01.asp
                  LOL. That takes me back. They gave me that exact one as a reward once at AWANA, and for years afterwards, I believed that stuff. "Dark Dungeons" is my favorite though.
                  Save me, save me"

Comment

Yeah. My smileys dialogue box is no working.

Check out http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/sh...l=1#post426612
                    Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                      awesome. Thanks.
                      Save me, save me"

Comment

Well see, that explains it all!
                        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

LOL. That takes me back. They gave me that exact one as a reward once at AWANA, and for years afterwards, I believed that stuff. "Dark Dungeons" is my favorite though.
                          Used to hand these out on street corners!
                          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Jack Chick would've been kind of adorable in how clueless he was on so many things if not for the fact some people actually took him seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
                              Vatican to allow Islamic prayers

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...amic-prayers-/ ...
                              This link is to a Washington Times article from June of 2014. It contains a link to a Breitbart story, but the link is so old it goes to a '404 Not Found' page.

Has anyone bothered to find the text of the Islamic prayers that were used? Were they nice prayers? Did they honor and glorify God, the creator of the universe? Or were they addressed to Satan or some other evil being?
                              βλέπομεν γὰρ ἄρτι δι᾿ ἐσόπτρου ἐν αἰνίγματι, τότε δὲ πρόσωπον πρὸς πρόσωπον·
                              ἄρτι γινώσκω ἐκ μέρους, τότε δὲ ἐπιγνώσομαι καθὼς καὶ ἐπεγνώσθην.

אָכֵ֕ן אַתָּ֖ה אֵ֣ל מִסְתַּתֵּ֑ר אֱלֹהֵ֥י יִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל מוֹשִֽׁיעַ׃

Comment

Originally posted by robrecht View Post
                                Did they honor and glorify God, the creator of the universe? Or were they addressed to Satan or some other evil being?
                                The Islamic god is demonic.

Comment