Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Those Zany Spring Breakers!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Those Zany Spring Breakers!

Perhaps there is hope for our kids yet!

EDITORIAL: Spring Breakers chanting “Build That Wall” in Cancun is unacceptable

CANCUN — What would be a dream night for Suly and Anaximandro Amable, a newly married couple who went to Cancun for their honeymoon, became a bitter experience on Monday March 13.

During a family show on the high seas, young American spring breakers began to sing the controversial “Build That Wall” chant, which shocked Mexican national tourists and workers.

This is just one of the many blameworthy behaviors that young spring breakers have shown recently in Cancun and that are described as acts of xenophobia and discrimination against Mexicans within their own country, which is (or should be) totally unacceptable.

Anaximandro, from Perú, made the following statement on social networks: “Today I was with Suly, my wife (who is a native of Mexico), watching an entertainment show off the coast of Cancun aboard a boat, and at the end of the show, a flock of Americans (maybe under the influence of alcohol, or maybe not), began to sing the infamous “Build that wall” chant louder and louder”.
    http://www.theyucatantimes.com/2017/...-unacceptable/
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Sounds like a really good way to end up with urine in your Margarita.
    Never. Insult. The. Hired. Help.
    Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

I wonder if they actually know that they're in a different country?
      "Down in the lowlands, where the water is deep,
      Hear my cry, hear my shout,
      Save me, save me"

Comment

Originally posted by guacamole View Post
        I wonder if they actually know that they're in a different country?
        Too drunk to know?
        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
          Too drunk to know?
          Too drunk to care.
          That's what
          - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
          - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
          - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

I certainly agree that we need to do something to slow the border crossing down, but, I'm not sure a Wall is going to be the best way to do it...I don't know about the other border states (i.e. New Mexico, Arizona, California) but Texas has pretty strong Personal Property laws, so building a wall along the Rio Grande will take an enormous amount of Eminent Domain work...and do we really want to mess up that view of the Rio Grande? Across the Desert is one thing, but all of the Texas border is the river...and I'm not sure if they're going to allow a wall across Big Bend National Park.
            "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

Originally posted by Meh Gerbil View Post
              Sounds like a really good way to end up with urine in your Margarita.
              Never. Insult. The. Hired. Help.
              I've been wondering where Thirsty Possum ended up.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post
                I certainly agree that we need to do something to slow the border crossing down, but, I'm not sure a Wall is going to be the best way to do it...I don't know about the other border states (i.e. New Mexico, Arizona, California) but Texas has pretty strong Personal Property laws, so building a wall along the Rio Grande will take an enormous amount of Eminent Domain work...and do we really want to mess up that view of the Rio Grande? Across the Desert is one thing, but all of the Texas border is the river...and I'm not sure if they're going to allow a wall across Big Bend National Park.
                Yeah I am thinking a crevasse, filled with lava might be better. We could set off a string of nukes along the rio grande to open up the earth and replace the river with a lava ditch. the radiation would be a bonus.

Whaddya'll think?

43-LAVA-RIVER-PUNA-E.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                  Yeah I am thinking a crevasse, filled with lava might be better. We could set off a string of nukes along the rio grande to open up the earth and replace the river with a lava ditch. the radiation would be a bonus.

Whaddya'll think?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21477[/ATTACH]
                  A---Shirt-Icon-Colors_7c8356a0-655e-44ab-bc0a-c0bfb37b3132_1024x1024.jpg
                  That's what
                  - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                  - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                  - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]21478[/ATTACH]
                    One of the many mottos here at roguetech™

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                      I've been wondering where Thirsty Possum ended up.
                      36abbd54202dcc94fc9f049d73152796.jpg
                      I'm Señor Thirsty and I'll be your bartender this evening

Comment

I twisted my knee the other day. I am still waiting for my super powers to kick in. I wonder what they will be? Maybe my knee will heal super strong and I will be able to jump really high, or kick really hard. I bet it will happen in my Dr's office when I go in next week. When the doctor checks my reflexes with that rubber hammer, I bet it causes my super knee to kick the doctor through the wall and into orbit. I will be Kickstarter! or KneeMan! I will have to make a secret identity as a kicker for the Dallas Cowboys. But at night, I will protect the city with my heroism, kicking bad guys out of the city. Literally!

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                          Perhaps there is hope for our kids yet!

http://www.theyucatantimes.com/2017/...-unacceptable/
                          Maybe they were chanting about the wall of separation between church and state.
                          Blog: Atheism and the City

If your whole worldview rests on a particular claim being true, you damn well better have evidence for it. You should have tons of evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by The Thinker View Post
                            Maybe they were chanting about the wall of separation between church and state.
                            Hey that would be a wall that deals with religions and should be banned. It's racist!

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                              Hey that would be a wall that deals with religions and should be banned. It's racist!
                              angry-ben-affleck-thats-gross-thats-racist.jpg
                              Blog: Atheism and the City

If your whole worldview rests on a particular claim being true, you damn well better have evidence for it. You should have tons of evidence.

Comment