Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Effective Australianism

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Effective Australianism

In the Effective Altruism thread I got into a semi argument with Tassman about whether Australians exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Tassman View Post
    Australians exist and therefore the claim is at least plausible and has the possibility of being substantiated. OTOH personal testimony of a purely subjective experience, e.g. alien abduction or a mystical divine experience, does not have this possibility.
    Why should I take your word that Australia exists? And aren't you arguing in another thread with me that alien life exists?

Now I know that we have people who CLAIM to be from Australia, and I have even met a couple (Kaz and Tim) who came to the tweb convention and brought stuff that they claim was from Australia, and they even talked kind of strange.

But why should I believe them? Tassman told me that eyewitness testimony is worthless and a few trinkets that they TOLD me is from some magical land called Australia is no proof. Since I have not experienced this "Australia" and the only evidence I have is a couple of eye witnesses and some other second hand knowledge like maps and TV shows, why should I believe? I see maps of hobbit lands, and TV shows about Never Never land, and they are not real. So why should I accept this "Australia" as being real? Heck it is even supposed to be on the other side of the world. You would think they all just fall off of this magic land anyway. I guess that is why those supposed Kangaroo things can jump so high, huh?

I am an A-Australianist unless proven otherwise. Get to proving!

Faith
    circular balloonist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    Is it that you simply haven't seen proof for this mythical place or is your A-Australianism an actual world view?
    I'm asking because the whole world view thing gets people upset.
    Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Meh Gerbil View Post
    Is it that you simply haven't seen proof for this mythical place or is your A-Australianism an actual world view?
    I'm asking because the whole world view thing gets people upset.
    It is a non-world view, I simply view the world as not having an "Australia" - stop trying to put me in a box and claim all of us a-australianists are actually one of you "world viewers" when we have no view of the world one way or the other. I have NO belief in Australia.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I recently met someone who not only claimed to be from Australia, but this same person also claimed the Holocaust didn't happen.
    The last Christian left at tweb

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trout View Post
    I recently met someone who not only claimed to be from Australia, but this same person also claimed the Holocaust didn't happen.
    Was he standing on his head like they would do in Australia, if it were real?

Theologyweb's Official Grandfather Jedidiah's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by sparko View Post
    i see maps of hobbit lands, and tv shows about never never land, and they are not real.
    ecree
    Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Was he standing on his head like they would do in Australia, if it were real?
    I like how you assumed gender there, cracker.
    The last Christian left at tweb

Faith
    circular balloonist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    It is a non-world view, I simply view the world as not having an "Australia" - stop trying to put me in a box and claim all of us a-australianists are actually one of you "world viewers" when we have no view of the world one way or the other. I have NO belief in Australia.
    I've noticed that a-Australians have a tendency to not think much of Paul Hogan movies.
    I think this commonality points to a type of world view.
    Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Meh Gerbil View Post
    I've noticed that a-Australians have a tendency to not think much of Paul Hogan movies.
    I think this commonality points to a type of world view.
    i am fine with such mythological drivel

So no one can prove that Australia exists then? Just as I thought.

Science folks. Science!

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    In the Effective Altruism thread I got into a semi argument with Tassman about whether Australians exist.

Why should I take your word that Australia exists? And aren't you arguing in another thread with me that alien life exists?

Now I know that we have people who CLAIM to be from Australia, and I have even met a couple (Kaz and Tim) who came to the tweb convention and brought stuff that they claim was from Australia, and they even talked kind of strange.

But why should I believe them? Tassman told me that eyewitness testimony is worthless and a few trinkets that they TOLD me is from some magical land called Australia is no proof. Since I have not experienced this "Australia" and the only evidence I have is a couple of eye witnesses and some other second hand knowledge like maps and TV shows, why should I believe? I see maps of hobbit lands, and TV shows about Never Never land, and they are not real. So why should I accept this "Australia" as being real? Heck it is even supposed to be on the other side of the world. You would think they all just fall off of this magic land anyway. I guess that is why those supposed Kangaroo things can jump so high, huh?

While it is possible that Australia exists it is obvious that Australians don't. This is because they place it near the bottom of the planet so anybody living there would have fallen off long ago.

I'm always still in trouble again

11. Amen Darth Executor amen'd this post.