Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

I hope the executives at HBO die in a fire.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Trout View Post
    I have only watched HBO a handful of times in my life. Last time was a couple years ago in a hotel. It was boxing and it was very well done.

I like hbo and am distancing myself from gerbil's opinion. Per usual.
    Coward.
    Just like DE said you'd be...
    Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

There is only one thing on HBO that I want to watch and that is the new Westworld series. I hear it is very good.

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
        Congratulations, it is impossible to find a commentary as well balanced as this in any other forum.
        firstfloor,
        I find the best way to develop balanced commentary is to use thought experiments.
        For example, before I wrote the original post I spent about three hours imagining this issue from the perspective of an executive at HBO.

My thoughts went something like this:
        I'm an obese, self-centered criminal who enjoys putting other people in helpless situations and then brutally taking advantage of them. As much as I'd enjoy running a Saw-esque operation in the pole barn out back our society frowns on homicidal behavior and I could end up in jail. Because of civil limitations I must recast my sadist dreams into something compatible with capitalism. I need to be able to jam customers, pay off Congress, and grow as rich as possible. I know... I'll run a cable outfit.

^-- None of that would have been possible unless I really imagined myself in their shoes.

Try it sometime.
        It is a real eye opener.
        Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          There is only one thing on HBO that I want to watch and that is the new Westworld series. I hear it is very good.
          "The Mighty Eighth" is coming soon!

Last edited by seer; 03-21-2017, 01:27 PM.
          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment