Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

Homeless

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Homeless

So, spent day getting kitties settled and driving over half the state to get power turned on. Get back and landlord has been in the house (without cause) and informs me (not kindly) of the 'no pets' policy they hadn't bothered to mention.

The cats were crated until I could get the big cages out of storage for them - so the landlord threatened to call the authorities.

Called power company and cancelled work order - I couldn't think straight and they didn't have it on by then, anyway.

Spent rest of afternoon calling shelters - one lady really listened and assured me they can't take my kitties while I'm finding placements.

They aren't crated NOW. They are well fed and enjoying the down time.

No, no clue what I'm going to do.
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

ing
    3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

Laura, I love you. And I am going to tell you this out of my love for you.

You are more important than your pets. It is more important that YOU have a home even if it means losing your pets. It is more important for you to be stable and in a place where you can recover from all that has happened to you in the past couple of years. You have been under such stress, and things are not getting better for you right now.

I love animals and would never suggest this under ordinary circumstances, but I care more about you and deeply enough about you to tell you what I feel you should do.

I think you should turn your animals into a shelter, even if it isn't a no-kill shelter. I think that God wants you to focus on YOU and let Him help you get past this really hard time. You can start again with a few animals after you have gotten settled and stable. That way there will be no surprises such as this one today. You can go into a place without worrying about anything but yourself. No landlord to come in and find animals that he didn't expect, and no landlord to turn you away because you have animals.

Please don't be upset with me for speaking to you this way. You are a precious creature of God's and I want you to be better.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

I may not know you well or in person and I am a young man who at times is overly emotional and bot a good judge, but I intuitively know that you are my freind and sister in faith. If you asked me this event while bad now may be part of Gods vast infinite providence. I know that whatever God has in store ultimately it is for good. Still I hope that things may get better, that mercy will be shown to you, that you will learn and teach in your situation. I love you.

I sometimes feel down that I cant make all my ideals come true but thank God that I have them and that I can be a freind.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
          Laura, I love you. And I am going to tell you this out of my love for you.

You are more important than your pets. It is more important that YOU have a home even if it means losing your pets. It is more important for you to be stable and in a place where you can recover from all that has happened to you in the past couple of years. You have been under such stress, and things are not getting better for you right now.

I love animals and would never suggest this under ordinary circumstances, but I care more about you and deeply enough about you to tell you what I feel you should do.

I think you should turn your animals into a shelter, even if it isn't a no-kill shelter. I think that God wants you to focus on YOU and let Him help you get past this really hard time. You can start again with a few animals after you have gotten settled and stable. That way there will be no surprises such as this one today. You can go into a place without worrying about anything but yourself. No landlord to come in and find animals that he didn't expect, and no landlord to turn you away because you have animals.

Please don't be upset with me for speaking to you this way. You are a precious creature of God's and I want you to be better.

No landlord to break the law?

0320172311a.jpg
          "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
              No landlord to break the law?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21491[/ATTACH]
              Laura, that is not the point of my post and you are deflecting from what I said to you.

Even if the landlord came in legally and saw all the animals the outcome may have been the same. Did you disclose to him you had them? If you had, would he have told you about the no-pet policy then?

Last edited by mossrose; 03-21-2017, 10:17 AM.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

Mercy to you...
                    "What I pray of you is, to keep your eye upon Him, for that is everything. Do you say, 'How am I to keep my eye on Him?' I reply, keep your eye off everything else, and you will soon see Him. All depends on the eye of faith being kept on Him. How simple it is!" (J.B. Stoney)

Comment

Lee

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by TheWall View Post
                        I may not know you well or in person and I am a young man who at times is overly emotional and bot a good judge, but I intuitively know that you are my freind and sister in faith. If you asked me this event while bad now may be part of Gods vast infinite providence. I know that whatever God has in store ultimately it is for good. Still I hope that things may get better, that mercy will be shown to you, that you will learn and teach in your situation. I love you.

I sometimes feel down that I cant make all my ideals come true but thank God that I have them and that I can be a freind.
                        Thank you

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Gotta go - I'm applying to legal services for help.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                            Laura, that is not the point of my post and you are deflecting from what I said to you.

Even if the landlord came in legally and saw all the animals the outcome may have been the same. Did you disclose to him you had them? If you had, would he have told you about the no-pet policy then?

I'm hurting too badly. I can't win, anyway.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura
                              I understood you - you think God isn't satisfied with my losing them; I have to have them killed.

They aren't human. I'm not Abraham.

I'm desperate enough to rent that trashy trailer but so far I haven't outright lied to a landlord.
                              Laura, you're still deflecting. No one is saying you have to have them killed! It's actually inhumane to keep your pets if you can't care for them - and you certainly don't seem to have the resources at the moment to do so. I somewhat understand your pain - I'd feel terrible if I had to give up my one pet - but you're not thinking straight.
                              Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                              sigpic
                              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment