Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Homeless

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Homeless

So, spent day getting kitties settled and driving over half the state to get power turned on. Get back and landlord has been in the house (without cause) and informs me (not kindly) of the 'no pets' policy they hadn't bothered to mention.

The cats were crated until I could get the big cages out of storage for them - so the landlord threatened to call the authorities.

Called power company and cancelled work order - I couldn't think straight and they didn't have it on by then, anyway.

Spent rest of afternoon calling shelters - one lady really listened and assured me they can't take my kitties while I'm finding placements.

They aren't crated NOW. They are well fed and enjoying the down time.

No, no clue what I'm going to do.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    ing
    3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

3. Amen Jedidiah, Christianbookworm, Cerebrum123 amen'd this post.
    Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Laura, I love you. And I am going to tell you this out of my love for you.

You are more important than your pets. It is more important that YOU have a home even if it means losing your pets. It is more important for you to be stable and in a place where you can recover from all that has happened to you in the past couple of years. You have been under such stress, and things are not getting better for you right now.

I love animals and would never suggest this under ordinary circumstances, but I care more about you and deeply enough about you to tell you what I feel you should do.

I think you should turn your animals into a shelter, even if it isn't a no-kill shelter. I think that God wants you to focus on YOU and let Him help you get past this really hard time. You can start again with a few animals after you have gotten settled and stable. That way there will be no surprises such as this one today. You can go into a place without worrying about anything but yourself. No landlord to come in and find animals that he didn't expect, and no landlord to turn you away because you have animals.

Please don't be upset with me for speaking to you this way. You are a precious creature of God's and I want you to be better.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I may not know you well or in person and I am a young man who at times is overly emotional and bot a good judge, but I intuitively know that you are my freind and sister in faith. If you asked me this event while bad now may be part of Gods vast infinite providence. I know that whatever God has in store ultimately it is for good. Still I hope that things may get better, that mercy will be shown to you, that you will learn and teach in your situation. I love you.

I sometimes feel down that I cant make all my ideals come true but thank God that I have them and that I can be a freind.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by mossrose View Post
    Laura, I love you. And I am going to tell you this out of my love for you.

You are more important than your pets. It is more important that YOU have a home even if it means losing your pets. It is more important for you to be stable and in a place where you can recover from all that has happened to you in the past couple of years. You have been under such stress, and things are not getting better for you right now.

I love animals and would never suggest this under ordinary circumstances, but I care more about you and deeply enough about you to tell you what I feel you should do.

I think you should turn your animals into a shelter, even if it isn't a no-kill shelter. I think that God wants you to focus on YOU and let Him help you get past this really hard time. You can start again with a few animals after you have gotten settled and stable. That way there will be no surprises such as this one today. You can go into a place without worrying about anything but yourself. No landlord to come in and find animals that he didn't expect, and no landlord to turn you away because you have animals.

Please don't be upset with me for speaking to you this way. You are a precious creature of God's and I want you to be better.

No landlord to break the law?

0320172311a.jpg

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Safka, you are NOT "unknown", you were loved by many, and you will not be forgotten. I will always remember you Puginator.

8. Amen LostSheep amen'd this post.
    Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Teallaura View Post
    No landlord to break the law?

0320172311a.jpg
    Laura, that is not the point of my post and you are deflecting from what I said to you.

Even if the landlord came in legally and saw all the animals the outcome may have been the same. Did you disclose to him you had them? If you had, would he have told you about the no-pet policy then?

Last edited by mossrose; 03-21-2017 at 03:17 PM.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

40th Mojave Summer DesertBerean's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

11. Amen LostSheep amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Mercy to you...

14. Amen LostSheep amen'd this post.