Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

Homeless

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm past tired so I'm going to hold off on specific answers to posts for now.

1) Haven't spoken to the lawyer yet but he did email me and the gist seems to be that since I don't have anything from a court ordering me out, I don't have to get out until if and when that happens.

2) I was supposed to go get the power turned on yesterday morning but I forgot to set the alarm for six. I tried to make it when it woke me at seven but by the time I could leave, I only had enough time to get to work (it's a 45 minute drive, now).

3) I had requested time off for Thursday or Friday - but I got this coming Monday. Which means I can get the power on Monday because I can safely be late for work (right now, because I took off without prior approval on 3/7 and I think 3/8 - the day after I lost the house - I can't call in or be late or I'll get fired. Yes, really). But it also means I will either have to pay for a hotel room a couple more days I can't afford, sleep on the floor which I REALLY don't want to do (I didn't rent a great place - and ruining the carpet would be a mercy killing - something I have no ethical problems with as long as it is my inanimate object I'm killing), sleep in the car which is okay but not fun, or some Plan X I haven't come up with. Bathing will involve going to the Rec Center.

4) I pick up Rocket this morning. He's at the vet - so I have to. Besides, I PAID for a place to live so he may as well live with me 'til things get worked out. And yes, I already picked up Chocolate - they were about to euthanize him.

5) Social Security card FINALLY came so Monday, after I get the power on, I'll go apply for assistance.

6) I insanely agreed to preach Sunday. I have been to these churches before so I'll have to write a sermon today. I'm thinking the Book of Job...

7) Things are still up in the air, but this may not be as bad as I initially thought (not GOOD, of course). I didn't intend to stay out the whole 6 month lease - I intended and still intend to find a much better job ASAP. Now I won't have to buy out anytime left on it. The real clock isn't counting yet - and I think there is already a procedural issue (Alabama requires fourteen day notice to correct the breach - I wasn't given that). Yeah, not good...
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Oh, and 8) The bankruptcy hasn't been filed yet - I talk with my lawyer Monday but it should be filed shortly after that.
      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

For the first time in a week, there's no ringing in my ears from sleep deprivation.

God is good!

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Power is on! I sleep tonight for the first time in a place I rented a week ago.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Stop smacking your head and go to bed.
            Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Easier said than done...

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                Easier said than done...
                If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment