Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

Homeless

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
    I'm hurting too badly. I can't win, anyway.
    I know you're hurting. And I am sorry if I have hurt you more with my words. But I have spoken the truth to you. And I know others have spoken the truth to you as well.

Because we love you, we want to speak truth to you.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

I CAN'T FIND PLACES FOR THEM AND I HAVE TRIED AND KEEP TRYING.

If it's God's will, He is able to open a way that doesn't involve killing the only things I have left.

Yes, I know I'm a loser. I get it. I hate myself already, thanks.
      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

If it's God's will, He is able to open a way that doesn't involve killing the only things I have left.

That's enough of that! You are not a loser and shame on you for thinking that you are and hating yourself for it! Nobody here thinks that of you!

Yes, if God wills it, there will be a way for you to find places for your pets. But if you are not trying anything but no-kill shelters then you are not taking advantage of other places that might be able to find homes for them!

I will leave the thread now. I continue to pray for you, and continue to love you.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

I spent most of the evening in tears. I come here for comfort - I get the opposite. Yeah, I probably didn't handle it well - not sleeping worth a darn for three weeks and being more than a little stressed might have something to do with it, too.

My Lily Pad was very sick all week-end. I was too scared to post her a thread - I figured everyone would tell me to have her put down and get all mad when I didn't. She died in my arms a short while ago. She was a great cat - didn't know what fear was. And she never met a stranger - not even of the canine kind.

When I got to the trailer I found a hand-written 'eviction' notice - and a houseful of much happier, beautiful babies. They hadn't even finished the dry food and had only emptied the gatorade bowls (stressed cats don't always drink enough so adding gatorade to the water helps keep up the electrolytes).

So, yeah, I am a loser - I've lost everything I worked for for eighteen years and now I'm losing my heart. But I have a place for them to be comfy while I find places for them. I may end up sleeping in the car but they get to live. I can live with that.

I've always been a loser - never had friends as a kid, never managed to buy a house, lost my job, et al.. But I had people that loved me - my parents, later friends - and animals that needed me and - although I didn't realize it for ten years - a God Who loves me - so I never really learned how to quit.

So, no, I'm not sending them to die. I will find safe places for them. I'm not good enough for them - but I still have some fight left in me. They deserve that much.

So tomorrow I call legal services again and more shelters.

And I find a nice place to say good-bye to Lily Pad.
          "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Teal, consider a homeless shelter that will accept some of your pets. I believe this shelter is part of a program that gives temporary housing to animals for people in your situation, and they look to be in your area. I'm not sure, but this might help -- I've heard of them before I think.

https://www.petsofthehomeless.org/ge...%255D=shelters

http://www.familypromisemontgomery.org/

http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/...dogs/16571879/

I wish I could help you more but at this time, I'm not able to do so. All I can do is provide a shoulder for you if you need it. And you're not a loser at all. Believe me, I've known more than a few in that department. We have our differences ideologically, but I can see you've got a good heart, and it's going to stay with you.

Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Sea of red View Post
              Teal, consider a homeless shelter that will accept some of your pets. I believe this shelter is part of a program that gives temporary housing to animals for people in your situation, and they look to be in your area. I'm not sure, but this might help -- I've heard of them before I think.

I wish I could help you more but at this time, I'm not able to do so. All I can do is provide a shoulder for you if you need it. And you're not a loser at all. Believe me, I've known more than a few in that department. We have our differences ideologically, but I can see you've got a good heart, and it's going to stay with you.

Good luck.
              Teal my dear, I would guess that you feel like giving up your pets is like giving up your children? Please answer me via PM or in the thread.
              To you your pets have literally become the only thing in the world you are completely attached to and to you these animals dogs and cats are your babies, in every sense of the word. Please hear me. The last thing I want to do is make you feel like you are a horrible human being, or that you are the lowest person on earth. I get the sense that you already are capable of recognizing that something is wrong in your heart, and you aren't able to do anything to fix it at least on your own. Let me tell you a story, I had to give up a therapuetic cat and she died of parvo disease. I thought I was doing what was best and in the end she died. I thought I had done what was best and for years I could not forgive myself. In time the grief loosened and I was able to grow from the experience. I recognize that there is NOTHING that will replace your babies now. However, If you are spending more on your cats than you have money for, and can't give them care, and the dogs and cats are dying in the car, then yes its true, they are best placed in a location where they can be held rehabbed and possibly adopted. Its so terrifingly difficult. But you can't put yourself down for any past mistakes. All you can do is move forward and reach inside, with lots of prayer and a therapist and find out why is this so difficult. Asking oneself "Why would I live in a car, and put myself and animals (subsitute children) in danger daily? when God has provided a second chance in life for a home" Perhaps you can spend time off volunteering at a shelter rehabbing sick or feral animals to ease the burden. You can do this teal. I am behind you all the way.
              and I love you.
              A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
              George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Hi Teal. I don't think I have spoken to you much before (if at all), but for months I've read your threads and updates, and prayed for you with all of your friends and brethren here and elsewhere.

I just want to tell you that Mossy's words to you in this thread sound, to me, to be of wisdom to you. It would seem many others here agree with that (if the Amen's are anything to go by).

As an "outsider" of sorts it seems clear to me that Jesus would agree with her too; as He said regarding birds, "Are you not much more valuable than they?" (Mt 6:26) I know it can seem difficult to us as pet owners (and I'm sure He celebrates that too, for we care for His creation)... but you're first a steward over yourself, in body and soul...

In the end, I just want you to know that everyone here is in full support of you, they clearly love you, and are offering what seems to be wise advice. Jesus died for you. You matter. And you're no loser -- your apparent strength through these hardships puts you among the great, not the lesser; a once weak man said to his weak servant, "my power is perfected in weakness".
                Last edited by Bisto; 03-22-2017, 06:28 AM.
                We are therefore Christ's ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore on Christ's behalf: 'Be reconciled to God!!'
                - 2 Corinthians 5:20.
                In deviantArt: ll-bisto-ll.deviantart.com
                Christian art and more: Christians.deviantart.com

Comment

Originally posted by Sea of red View Post

Good luck.

Thank you - for understanding and for helping. I'll check out the links tonight.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Not ignoring you, Cath - just running way short on time.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Teal, we all love you. I think you are one of the most intelligent and compassionate people I have ever met.

I truly hope you can find some help for your animals, and I ask that you may even try the regular shelters. They don't just kill animals, they do try to find them homes. And as for a job and home, I pray for you to get them soon.

Have you tried maybe getting a job at a veterinarian's office? For you, that might be the perfect job, since you love animals so much.

Comment

Cats are pretty adaptable - they can take care of themselves. I would just let them free outside in a remote area before taking them to a shelter which would likely put them down.
                        You are not a loser. No one who's commented in this thread thinks you're a loser - we're trying, in our own fumbling way, to help you, because we care about you.
                        Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                        sigpic
                        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Edited by a Moderator I wish you the best in this endeavor and I hope God has a happy ending in store for you and your cats.
                          Last edited by rogue06; 03-22-2017, 12:00 PM.
                          "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
                              Edited by a Moderator I wish you the best in this endeavor and I hope God has a happy ending in store for you and your cats.
                              Thank you - more than I can say.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Thank you - more than I can say.
                                ^10^10^100
                                If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment