Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Stay at home moms should be outlawed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stay at home moms should be outlawed

Makes perfect sense:

"Rather than wail about the supposed liberation in a woman’s right to choose to shun paid employment, we should make it a legal requirement that all parents of children of school-age or older are gainfully employed."

Edit: forgot how to do the cite tags
    I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Heck. Why stop there? I say make those kids go out and earn their keep too! Children are one of the largest untapped labor groups. They are small and easy to control. They don't eat much and they have boundless energy. They are easily coerced and will work for a couple of dollars a week and some candy.

Comment

So liberating a woman means forcing her to take a job she may not want outside of the home?
      And she's being forced to take the job because she had a child?
      Childless women don't have to do this?

At what point can we just admit this is a war on the nuclear family and children?
      Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

Originally posted by Meh Gerbil View Post
        So liberating a woman means forcing her to take a job she may not want outside of the home?
        And she's being forced to take the job because she had a child?
        Childless women don't have to do this?

At what point can we just admit this is a war on the nuclear family and children?
        Obviously the state can and should be trusted to raise our children.

Comment

I'm imaging a scenario where the wife of a multi-millionaire has to take a job at McDonald's because she had a baby.
          Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

Wouldn't this making women go to work be stealing jobs from good, hard working men?

nomaam2.jpg

Comment

I hope "gainfully employed" means LulaRoe "salespeople" will be outlawed.

"Fire is catching. If we burn, you burn with us!"
              "I'm not going anywhere. I'm going to stay here and cause all kinds of trouble."
              Katniss Everdeen

Christ our Passover has been sacrificed for us. Therefore let us keep the feast.

Comment

Originally posted by thewriteranon View Post
                I hope "gainfully employed" means LulaRoe "salespeople" will be outlawed.
                yeesh. Another "multi-level marketing" scam? I saw some women post on my facebook feed say that they are now sales reps or whatever for this company.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                  yeesh. Another "multi-level marketing" scam? I saw some women post on my facebook feed say that they are now sales reps or whatever for this company.
                  I got "invited" (see: forced) into a LulaRoe "pop up" on Facebook. While I do love leggings as someone who spends a great deal of time at home exercising, I am not a fan of MLM.

"I'm not going anywhere. I'm going to stay here and cause all kinds of trouble."
                  Katniss Everdeen

Christ our Passover has been sacrificed for us. Therefore let us keep the feast.

Comment

I support a woman's right to choose, as long as it's not being a stay at home mom.

Or how to defend herself, or where to send her kids to school, or who to vote for....

Comment

I got "invited" (see: forced) into a LulaRoe "pop up" on Facebook. While I do love leggings as someone who spends a great deal of time at home exercising, I am not a fan of MLM.
                      Me either. I got roped into one back in my innocent naive 20's and it didn't take long to figure out that the whole point was for ME to buy the product and try to rope other suckers in, and pay various fees, while making no money. I quit after about 2 months, and I think the company went out of business within the year. Since then many friends have tried to sucker me into various schemes, like Amway, and Herbalife, and others. I tell them no, and to be careful. Usually within a few months they come back and tell me I was right.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                        Me either. I got roped into one back in my innocent naive 20's and it didn't take long to figure out that the whole point was for ME to buy the product and try to rope other suckers in, and pay various fees, while making no money. I quit after about 2 months, and I think the company went out of business within the year. Since then many friends have tried to sucker me into various schemes, like Amway, and Herbalife, and others. I tell them no, and to be careful. Usually within a few months they come back and tell me I was right.
                        The LulaRoe startup fees are $5000-$6000.

Katniss Everdeen

Comment

The LulaRoe startup fees are $5000-$6000.
                          ACK!

Those poor women.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                            Obviously the state can and should be trusted to raise our children.
                            You forgot the sarcsm tags.
                            Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

99% of the time sarcasm tags are used, it's obvious anyway, or should be. All they do is detract from the effect.
                              "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment