Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Stay at home moms should be outlawed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thewriteranon View Post
    The LulaRoe startup fees are $5000-$6000.
    Holy cow!!!!!
    Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Originally posted by Meh Gerbil View Post
      So liberating a woman means forcing her to take a job she may not want outside of the home?
      And she's being forced to take the job because she had a child?
      Childless women don't have to do this?

At what point can we just admit this is a war on the nuclear family and children?
      "“One of the areas of greatest untapped potential in the Australian labour force is inactive and/or part-time working women, especially those with children,’’ concluded the landmark study. “There are potentially large losses to the economy when women stay at home or work short part-time hours.’’"

Anything for "the economy", the god and savior of soulless modern man.
      "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
        99% of the time sarcasm tags are used, it's obvious anyway, or should be. All they do is detract from the effect.
        It was in this case, just thought I would add emphasis.
        Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

One of my more statist and non-libertarian ideas is that if a woman (or Guacamole) wants to stay home and raise children, the state ought to pay her (or him) to do so with more than just tax credits. I'm not talking a full lawyer salary or anything, but enough that a person dedicating himself (or herself) to full time child care ought to get a helping hand.

I'm not saying it's a good idea. But i like it.

fwiw,
          guacamole
          "Down in the lowlands, where the water is deep,
          Hear my cry, hear my shout,
          Save me, save me"

Comment

So I can't homeschool hrmm I guess that makes three things Trump and I agree on. When to vax your kids (we do delayed scheduled) Choice schooling and Nasa budgeting.
            Last edited by Catholicity; 03-22-2017, 04:48 AM.
            A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
            George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
              Holy cow!!!!!
              Uhh yeah, And there's only 4-5 Direct sales companies I have ANY respect for. The start ups are low and they give comissions based on sales and some are offer retail stores for those who do well even without recruits
              A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
              George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by guacamole View Post
                One of my more statist and non-libertarian ideas is that if a woman (or Guacamole) wants to stay home and raise children, the state ought to pay her (or him) to do so with more than just tax credits. I'm not talking a full lawyer salary or anything, but enough that a person dedicating himself (or herself) to full time child care ought to get a helping hand.

I'm not saying it's a good idea. But i like it.

fwiw,
                guacamole

I think that if a pirate wants to sit at home all day browsing the interwebz, he should be paid a nice cushy salary to do so! About $100K per year to start.

Comment

Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
                  So I can't homeschool hrmm I guess that makes three things Trump and I agree on. When to vax your kids (we do delayed scheduled) Choice schooling and Nasa budgeting.
                  er this story is from Australia.

Comment

"As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                      Makes perfect sense:

"Rather than wail about the supposed liberation in a woman’s right to choose to shun paid employment, we should make it a legal requirement that all parents of children of school-age or older are gainfully employed."

Edit: forgot how to do the cite tags
                      I think you missed the point of the article.

To whit:

"Only when it becomes the norm for all families to have both parents in paid employment, and sharing the stress of the work-home juggle, will we finally have a serious conversation about how to achieve a more balanced modern workplace."
                      I'm not here anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Carrikature View Post
                        I think you missed the point of the article.

To whit:

"Only when it becomes the norm for all families to have both parents in paid employment, and sharing the stress of the work-home juggle, will we finally have a serious conversation about how to achieve a more balanced modern workplace."
                        And to that end, she was talking about legally requiring that. I'm not sure how I missed the point.
                        I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

And to that end, she was talking about legally requiring that. I'm not sure how I missed the point.
                          Probably something to do with skipping all the context.
                          I'm not here anymore.

Comment

Probably something to do with skipping all the context.
                            Sorry, I'm missing your point here.
                            I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Can you translate that gibberish into English for me?
                              Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Sorry, I'm missing your point here.
                                That's ok. I've re-read this article a few times. I'm not sure how tongue-in-cheek to take the bit you quoted in the OP. It reads as a clickbait-y thing, particularly since it's the title of the article (to the extent it has one). She says pretty clearly that she acknowledges the good/necessity/whatever of parenting and has backed legislation intended to support moms of newborns. The article generally reads to me as exasperation with the "how dare we?!" reactions to suggestions by the OECD. The main thrust of the article seems to be a claim that we can't really 'fix' the system until we level the playing field.

It's somewhat ironic that the "how dare you" response elicited by her legalization comment overrides everything else she said. That's what I meant about missing the point.
                                I'm not here anymore.

Comment