Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Terrorist Attack: London

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
    The Middle East is a large place and I see you dodged the question. When has ignoring an aggressive military power, bent on world conquest ever been prevented by appeasing them?
    Didn't work for
    The Azteca
    the I cans
    The Mayan
    Pirates
    Privateers
    Napoleon
    Czar Ivan
    Mussolini
    Hirohito
    Oda Nobunaga
    Hitler
    Appeasement does not work.
    sigpic

Comment

Here is the thing: When something like this happens everyone gets upset and in the resulting chaos a great deal of evil can happen. In order to remove emotion from the equation I think it is important that we prepare for these sorts of attacks in advance by making a list of tiered responses calibrated to the size of the attack. If we could all agree on the list then there would be no reason to argue about any of this in the future. Now then, in the interest of extending an olive branch to my liberal friends I've made a rough draft based upon their track record. I'm willing to adopt this list as is or we can modify it. Thanks.

Body Count Response
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      1-10................No response, this is the cost of doing business.
      11-50...............Have the news media publically opine about what could motivate someone to do this sort of thing.
      51-100..............Post YouTube videos about illegal Jewish settlements.
      101-250.............Seek more funding for NPR, feature more stories about 'touching oneself'.
      251-500.............Issue a press release that shames people who call the enemy 'terrorists'
      501-1000............Beg the U.N. to put together a commission to discuss the issue.
      1001-5000...........Get all golly-gee exited about building a new tower where the old ones stood.
      5001-10000..........Acquire broad powers of surveillance but then use it to keep tabs on the opposition party.

There, now that we have the plan all laid out there is no reason to get upset.
      Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

Originally posted by Meh Gerbil View Post
        Here is the thing: When something like this happens everyone gets upset and in the resulting chaos a great deal of evil can happen. In order to remove emotion from the equation I think it is important that we prepare for these sorts of attacks in advance by making a list of tiered responses calibrated to the size of the attack. If we could all agree on the list then there would be no reason to argue about any of this in the future. Now then, in the interest of extending an olive branch to my liberal friends I've made a rough draft based upon their track record. I'm willing to adopt this list as is or we can modify it. Thanks.

Body Count Response
        --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        1-10................No response, this is the cost of doing business.
        11-50...............Have the news media publically opine about what could motivate someone to do this sort of thing.
        51-100..............Post YouTube videos about illegal Jewish settlements.
        101-250.............Seek more funding for NPR, feature more stories about 'touching oneself'.
        251-500.............Issue a press release that shames people who call the enemy 'terrorists'
        501-1000............Beg the U.N. to put together a commission to discuss the issue.
        1001-5000...........Get all golly-gee exited about building a new tower where the old ones stood.
        5001-10000..........Acquire broad powers of surveillance but then use it to keep tabs on the opposition party.

There, now that we have the plan all laid out there is no reason to get upset.
        There is plenty to be upset about!!!! the word is spelled "excited" not "exited" - sheesh, if you can't even spell a simple word like "excited" correctly, why should we accept your arbitrary response scale? I reject it and will begin my protest with pitchforks and torches.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          There is plenty to be upset about!!!! the word is spelled "excited" not "exited" - sheesh, if you can't even spell a simple word like "excited" correctly, why should we accept your arbitrary response scale? I reject it and will begin my protest with pitchforks and torches.
          That's the liberal list, Sparky, had I spelled everything correctly it wouldn't have appeared authentic.
          Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

Originally posted by Meh Gerbil View Post
            That's the liberal list, Sparky, had I spelled everything correctly it wouldn't have appeared authentic.
            73133e44999619e2ff07daa3b7eaf44f.jpg

Comment

I love this line: Liberals convince themselves multiculturalism works because we all die together.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...E-HOPKINS.html
              Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Khalid Masood was the attacker. But let's not rush to judgement!

http://www.newsweek.com/london-parli...-masood-572332
                Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                  Khalid Masood was the attacker. But let's not rush to judgement!

http://www.newsweek.com/london-parli...-masood-572332
                  yeah absolutely no mention that he was a radical muslim, or a muslim at all.

Comment

yeah absolutely no mention that he was a radical muslim, or a muslim at all.
                    Khalid Masood - that sounds Swedish - doesn't it?

Comment

I will bet that he is indeed a radical muslim and it will come out, but it won't be front page news.

Comment

The blood is on the hands of the appeasers. Ist not like they haven't been warned and seen a pattern establish.
                        The last Christian left at tweb

Comment

Originally posted by Trout View Post
                          The blood is on the hands of the appeasers. Ist not like they haven't been warned and seen a pattern establish.
                          To be fair, the Londoners were walking around in front of the Parliament building like they owned the place.

Comment

Originally posted by Trout View Post
                            Islam established that pattern when Mohammad started the religion by chopping off the heads of anyone who did not join it.

Comment

His full name is Khalid Masoodson

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I will bet that he is indeed a radical muslim and it will come out, but it won't be front page news.
                                According to the Telegraph, "Masood’s “violent extremism” had caused security services sufficient alarm to put him under investigation" but was "not the subject of any current investigations." As for his name, he was born Adrian Elms in Dartford, Kent.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment