Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Terrorist Attack: London

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheWall View Post
    Didn't work for
    The Azteca
    the I cans
    The Mayan
    Pirates
    Privateers
    Napoleon
    Czar Ivan
    Mussolini
    Hirohito
    Oda Nobunaga
    Hitler
    Appeasement does not work.
    Of course it doesn't because the best you'll get is pushing back the conflict a generation so your children need to clean up your mess. I do wonder how many people ISIS would have to kill before Starlight figures out that you can't reason with them. Guess a few thousand more have to die to make someone wake up to the reality staring them in the face.
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
      Of course it doesn't because the best you'll get is pushing back the conflict a generation so your children need to clean up your mess. I do wonder how many people ISIS would have to kill before Starlight figures out that you can't reason with them. Guess a few thousand more have to die to make someone wake up to the reality staring them in the face.
      I'm not sure he cares as long as their targets are in the Middle East, Europe and North America.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        I'm not sure he cares as long as their targets are in the Middle East, Europe and North America.
        Sad to say that you're right. Conflict has this way of finding those who wish to avoid it.
        "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
        GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          According to the Telegraph, "Masood’s “violent extremism” had caused security services sufficient alarm to put him under investigation" but was "not the subject of any current investigations." As for his name, he was born Adrian Elms in Dartford, Kent.

Burly body-building enthusiast Khalid Masood, 52, was born in Dartford in Kent on Christmas Day 1964. His mother Janet Ajao gave birth when she was just 17 years old and brought him up as Adrian Russell Ajao.

The married father-of-three spent years moving round the country - and the prison system - with a host of different identities, including Adrian Elms.

The article says "Masood and his family moved to Forest Gate in east London where neighbours said he frequented a mosque in nearby Leyton. "

They mention that but nowhere just come out and say he was a muslim. It seems the newspapers are trying SOOOOO hard not to make him a MUSLIM Terrorist. Embarrassed I guess.
          Last edited by Sparko; 03-24-2017, 08:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
            The article says "Masood and his family moved to Forest Gate in east London where neighbours said he frequented a mosque in nearby Leyton. "

They mention that but nowhere just come out and say he was a muslim. It seems the newspapers are trying SOOOOO hard not to make him a MUSLIM Terrorist. Embarrassed I guess.
            Maybe they were passing out Chick Tracts in front of the mosque?
            Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment