Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Info suggests Trump associates may have coordinated with Russians

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    I'm not, but you seem rather desperate to think I am.
    Sorry, but it's a textbook case of backpedaling:
    • Mountain Man #63: he never said they were investigating any supposed ties between Russia and the Trump campaign
    • Comey: what we're investigating which includes whether there was any coordination between people associated with the Trump campaign and the Russians.
    • Mountain Man #67: Yes, that's incidental to their investigation
    βλέπομεν γὰρ ἄρτι δι᾿ ἐσόπτρου ἐν αἰνίγματι, τότε δὲ πρόσωπον πρὸς πρόσωπον·
    ἄρτι γινώσκω ἐκ μέρους, τότε δὲ ἐπιγνώσομαι καθὼς καὶ ἐπεγνώσθην.

אָכֵ֕ן אַתָּ֖ה אֵ֣ל מִסְתַּתֵּ֑ר אֱלֹהֵ֥י יִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל מוֹשִֽׁיעַ׃

Comment

Originally posted by robrecht View Post
      Sorry, but it's a textbook case of backpedaling:
      • Mountain Man #63: he never said they were investigating any supposed ties between Russia and the Trump campaign
      • Comey: what we're investigating which includes whether there was any coordination between people associated with the Trump campaign and the Russians.
      • Mountain Man #67: Yes, that's incidental to their investigation
      Exactly. It's not the focus of their investigation. Nothing Comey said implicates the Trump administration in any way, shape or form.

But, hey, if it'll help you sleep better tonight to misconstrue that as "backpedaling" then be my guest.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Exactly. It's not the focus of their investigation. Nothing Comey said implicates the Trump administration in any way, shape or form.

But, hey, if it'll help you sleep better tonight to misconstrue that as "backpedaling" then be my guest.
        Again, you are misrepresenting what you yourself said. You falsely claimed that Comey "never said they were investigating any supposed ties between Russia and the Trump campaign". I demonstrated that he did in fact say that, and you have not yet been able to admit the truth about that. You're a Christian, right?

Comment

Again, you are misrepresenting what you yourself said. You falsely claimed that Comey "never said they were investigating any supposed ties between Russia and the Trump campaign". I demonstrated that he did in fact say that, and you have not yet been able to admit the truth about that. You're a Christian, right?
          Sleep well.

Comment

Sleep well.
            Those of us who tell the truth sleep with the angels.

Comment

Those of us who tell the truth sleep with the angels.
              And where do those of you who are full of themselves get to sleep?

Comment

And where do those of you who are full of themselves get to sleep?
                No need for insults. Just tell the truth and all will go well.

Comment

Look, robrecht, here's the problem: you've chosen to focus on literally half of a sentence while ignoring the context of the surrounding paragraph. And you are apparently so desperate to catch me out on this point that in addition to ignoring the surrounding context, you're also ignoring whatever clarification I've offered in subsequent posts. I'm not sure exactly what your game here is, but doggedly pursuing the truth it is not.

Comment

Look, robrecht, here's the problem: you've chosen to focus on literally half of a sentence while ignoring the context of the surrounding paragraph. And you are apparently so desperate to catch me out on this point that in addition to ignoring the surrounding context, you're also ignoring whatever clarification I've offered in subsequent posts. I'm not sure exactly what your game here is, but doggedly pursuing the truth it is not.
                    Why imagine that I am desperate or not pursuing the truth? You are the only one here who seems to be unable to admit that you were wrong. What's the big deal? Just admit that you were mistaken about a half-sentence or whatever. It's not so hard, is it? Christians love the truth. Love the truth. It's OK to admit that you were wrong about a half-sentence. You are indeed a Christian, right?

Comment

Why imagine that I am desperate or not pursuing the truth? You are the only one here who seems to be unable to admit that you were wrong. What's the big deal? Just admit that you were mistaken about a half-sentence or whatever. It's not so hard, is it? Christians love the truth. Love the truth. It's OK to admit that you were wrong about a half-sentence. You are indeed a Christian, right?
                      Really... so you're going to insist on ignoring the context of my statement and my subsequent attempts at clarification? If my meaning wasn't clear in the post you took issue with then it should certainly be clear now. And, yes, I am a Christian, and I seem to recall a verse in the Bible that had something to do with splinters and planks in the eye. You might want to look that one up.

Comment

Really... so you're going to insist on ignoring the context of my statement and my subsequent attempts at clarification? If my meaning wasn't clear in the post you took issue with then it should certainly be clear now. And, yes, I am a Christian, and I seem to recall a verse in the Bible that had something to do with splinters and planks in the eye. You might want to look that one up.
                        I am glad that you have confessed your faith in Christ Jesus, who said, I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life. The Truth. Christians must never, ever be afraid of the truth. I have not ignored anything you have said, but have merely correced your false statement.
                        Last edited by robrecht; 03-31-2017, 12:39 AM.

Comment

...merely [corrected] your false statement.
                          It only appears false to you because you insisted on taking it out of context and refused to accept my attempts to clarify the matter, and I'm not entirely sure why.

Anyway, Yttrium expressed the same sentiments in another thread but put it so much better than I did:

Originally posted by Yttrium View Post
                          Also, the current investigation may be entirely concerned with Russian involvement in the election, and not with the Trump campaign at all.

Comment

It only appears false to you because you insisted on taking it out of context and refused to accept my attempts to clarify the matter, and I'm not entirely sure why.

Anyway, Yttrium expressed the same sentiments in another thread but put it so much better than I did:
                            No, I have considered your false statement in context, and corrected that part of it which was false. Your backpedaling clarification was not the most eloquent or humble witness to the truth, but I acknowledged it fully.

Comment

sheesh. stop it you two. take it to the padded room or go out back and have it out. All this nitpicking over several pages is boring as hell for the rest of us.

Comment

I have considered your false statement in context...
                                No, you really haven't. If you had, and if you were inclined to a more charitable reading, then you might have realized that I was referring to the primary focus of the FBI's investigation, which isn't Trump or his team, and if you hadn't realized this initially then you would have surely realized it given the clarity offered by my subsequent comments on the matter which were not ambiguous. It makes you appear disingenuous that you continue to try to hold my feet to the fire over a statement pulled out of context and which I have made a good faith effort to clarify, but perhaps this is not your intent.

Personally, I consider this matter settled.
                                Last edited by Mountain Man; 03-31-2017, 08:33 AM.

Comment