Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Info suggests Trump associates may have coordinated with Russians

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Source: http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/13/politics/trump-today-live-updates?lf-content=191183814:lb-post-cbf114ea1900ab904e59dc3101b05ffe@livefyre.com&hubRefSrc=permalink

Sources: UK, European intelligence intercepted contacts between Trump associates and Russia
    From CNN's Jim Sciutto:

British and European intelligence agencies intercepted communications between Trump associates and Russian officials and individuals during the campaign. They passed on those communications to their US counterparts, US congressional and law enforcement, and US and European intelligence sources told CNN.

The communications were captured during routine surveillance of Russian officials and other Russians known to Western intelligence. British and European intelligence agencies, including GCHQ, were not proactively targeting members of the Trump team but rather picked up these communications during what’s known as “incidental collection,” these sources tell CNN.

As with US intelligence, European intelligence detected multiple communications over several months between the Trump associates and Russian individuals — and passed on that intelligence to the US. The US and Britain are part of the so-called “Five Eyes” agreement (along with Canada, Australia and New Zealand). This agreement calls for open sharing of a broad range of intelligence among member nations.

© Copyright Original Source

Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

• Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
      Source: http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/13/politics/trump-today-live-updates?lf-content=191183814:lb-post-cbf114ea1900ab904e59dc3101b05ffe@livefyre.com&hubRefSrc=permalink

Sources: UK, European intelligence intercepted contacts between Trump associates and Russia
      From CNN's Jim Sciutto:

British and European intelligence agencies intercepted communications between Trump associates and Russian officials and individuals during the campaign. They passed on those communications to their US counterparts, US congressional and law enforcement, and US and European intelligence sources told CNN.

The communications were captured during routine surveillance of Russian officials and other Russians known to Western intelligence. British and European intelligence agencies, including GCHQ, were not proactively targeting members of the Trump team but rather picked up these communications during what’s known as “incidental collection,” these sources tell CNN.

As with US intelligence, European intelligence detected multiple communications over several months between the Trump associates and Russian individuals — and passed on that intelligence to the US. The US and Britain are part of the so-called “Five Eyes” agreement (along with Canada, Australia and New Zealand). This agreement calls for open sharing of a broad range of intelligence among member nations.

© Copyright Original Source

And the contents of those communications were....
      That's what
      - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
      - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
      - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
        And the contents of those communications were....
        It doesn't matter, man! They were communicating with Russia!!! Isn't that enough?!
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• And never mind the fact that there are concrete ties between Russia and Team Hillary going back to when she was Secretary of State! That's just a distraction!!!!

Comment

• Yeah they keep conveniently forgetting that communicating with Russians is not illegal. Since Trump does business all over the world, including Russia, it is to be expected. His people have talked to Russians. Whoopty-do.

The problem would be if he and his associates plotted with Russia to fix the election some how.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
              Yeah they keep conveniently forgetting that communicating with Russians is not illegal. Since Trump does business all over the world, including Russia, it is to be expected. His people have talked to Russians. Whoopty-do.

The problem would be if he and his associates plotted with Russia to fix the election some how.
              Well, clearly our election needs fixing.
              I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                Well, clearly our election needs fixing.
                I love how that statement can be taken multiple ways.

Comment

Well yes!!!

That's precisely what the fuss is about.
                  “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                    Well yes!!!

except there is zero evidence of that. so far the only hard evidence we have of anybody fixing an election is the DNC fixing the democratic primary in Hitlery's favor, only for her to be utterly humiliated by some guy who picked up politics as a hobby 4 years ago.
                    "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
                      except there is zero evidence of that.
                      There is considerable circumstantial evidence (and growing daily) that Trump campaign aides had repeated contacts with Russian banks and oligarchs in an attempt to influence the elections in Trump's favour. Hence the ongoing FBI investigation.

so far the only hard evidence we have of anybody fixing an election is the DNC fixing the democratic primary in Hitlery's favor, only for her to be utterly humiliated by some guy who picked up politics as a hobby 4 years ago.
                      ...and lost the popular vote by a considerable margin.
                      “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

Which is like saying that a team that won a game of American Football, due to a high number of field goals, didn't score as many touchdowns as the other team. It's an interesting thing to note, but it's ultimately irrelevant as to the result.

Also, 2.1% is hardly "a considerable margin." It's smaller than the margin the last three elections were won by in terms of the popular vote.

Comment

• Originally posted by Terraceth View Post
                          Which is like saying that a team that won a game of American Football, due to a high number of field goals, didn't score as many touchdowns as the other team. It's an interesting thing to note, but it's ultimately irrelevant as to the result.
                          No, its actually like saying that a team that won a game of American football had less points than the team that lost, which of course is ridiculous.
                          Also, 2.1% is hardly "a considerable margin." It's smaller than the margin the last three elections were won by in terms of the popular vote.
                          Nearly 3 million votes is considerable enough. The problem is the electoral college. Trump only won the so called swing states by a few thousand votes, hardly a considerable margin. Besides that, we progressives can't help it if some 48% of the voting public are to clueless to pick up on the fact that they are being played, big league.

Comment

Well yes!!!

where is the evidence for THAT? you keep crowing about possible evidence that Trumps people talked to Russians. that is not evidence he was working with Russia to fix the election.

Comment

There is considerable circumstantial evidence (and growing daily) that Trump campaign aides had repeated contacts with Russian banks and oligarchs in an attempt to influence the elections in Trump's favour. Hence the ongoing FBI investigation.

except the isn't any evidence of "an attempt to influence the elections in Trump's favour."

you are just assuming that.

Comment

except the isn't any evidence of "an attempt to influence the elections in Trump's favour."

you are just assuming that.
                                No, U.S Intelligence, the FBI, CIA, have all publiclly stated that to be the case according to their investigations. When U.S. intelligence says it, then that is evidence, not assumption. Of course Russia and Putin deny it, and you are free to believe Putin and Russia over your own countries Intelligence agency if it suits you.

Comment