Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Info suggests Trump associates may have coordinated with Russians

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
    No, actually unlike yourself and MM, I know a pathological liar when I see one. You idiots rant on about fake news, because the King of fake himself, Donald Trump, tells you over and over its all fake news. One thing about Trump, he understood his constituency right away, he thinks you're all, political speaking, morons. He knows that as your sheperd, he can do whatever, and say whatever and he won't lose any support from the dumb flock.
    Exactly! Unfortunately many Americans have become accustomed to President Trump’s lies. But as regular as they have become, the country should not allow itself to become numb to them. Here is a list of nearly every outright lie he has told publicly since taking the oath of office (Updated July 21).

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...umps-lies.html

Originally posted by Charles View Post
    We should be very thankful for all these solid arguments...
    One can always rely on MM for incisive, well substantiated comments.
    “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      Thank you.

Now do you have an actual rebuttal to my solid argument that "there are no hard facts disputing the official statement, only idle rumor and innuendo", or are you going continue impotently sniping from the sidelines with an empty quiver?
      Sorry to have to tell you Mr. Mountain Man but saying "there are no hard facts disputing the official statement, only idle rumor and innuendo" is not an argument at all. It is just a claim.

An argument contains premises by which you reach a conclusion. You go directly for the conclusion without premises so basically I have got no idea how you get to the conclusion that "there are no hard facts disputing the official statement, only idle rumor and innuendo".

That is why the "solid argument" statement is completely wrong. It is not even an argument.
      "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
        No, actually unlike yourself and MM, I know a pathological liar when I see one. You idiots rant on about fake news, because the King of fake himself, Donald Trump, tells you over and over its all fake news. One thing about Trump, he understood his constituency right away, he thinks you're all, political speaking, morons. He knows that as your sheperd, he can do whatever, and say whatever and he won't lose any support from the dumb flock.
        We believe it is fake news because it has been confirmed to be fake new and admitted by CNN and others themselves, Jimmy.

You on the other hand believe the fake news because it matches your own viewpoint and reinforces your own beliefs. Without a shred of actual evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuckles View Post
          Sorry to have to tell you Mr. Mountain Man but saying "there are no hard facts disputing the official statement, only idle rumor and innuendo" is not an argument at all. It is just a claim.

An argument contains premises by which you reach a conclusion. You go directly for the conclusion without premises so basically I have got no idea how you get to the conclusion that "there are no hard facts disputing the official statement, only idle rumor and innuendo".

That is why the "solid argument" statement is completely wrong. It is not even an argument.
          So what you're saying is that you don't have a counter-argument.
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            So what you're saying is that you don't have a counter-argument.
            That is called the fallacy of confusing the issue (now that I have taken you into the school of logic).

And as I made clear you have not presented a line of reasoning with facts or reasons that support your claim so I don't even know why you make the statement. If I were to follow your type of apporach I could just write "there are hard facts disputing the official statement, it is not idle rumor and innuendo". But that would also just be a statement. So try to provide some premises and reasons that you think supports your claim and then we can continue.
            "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Charles View Post
              That is called the fallacy of confusing the issue (now that I have taken you into the school of logic).
              uh yeah. That's not a thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                uh yeah. That's not a thing.
                It is. You try to take focus away from the points made in order for everyone to focus on something else so you do not have to confront the issue. There may be other descriptions of it in English. (You seem to be quite good at it )

Comment

It is. You try to take focus away from the points made in order for everyone to focus on something else so you do not have to confront the issue. There may be other descriptions of it in English. (You seem to be quite good at it )
                  That might be a strategy, but it is not a logical fallacy.

Comment

That might be a strategy, but it is not a logical fallacy.
                    It is not a logical fallacy to miss the point and arrive at a wrong conclusion?

Comment

We believe it is fake news because it has been confirmed to be fake new and admitted by CNN and others themselves, Jimmy.
                      No you don't, you believe the news is fake, because you want to believe, and have been told to believe, that it is fake. You cherry pick errors or falsehoods here and there and then paint all news stories that you don't like with the same brush. Thats how Trump has taught you to think. But, if you could actually think for yourself it would be evident to you that the real source of fake news is Trumps himself, he lies constantly, and blatantly, and none of you clowns can either see it or care. So, your angst about the media and fake news is itself fake, and not to be taken seriously.
                      You on the other hand believe the fake news because it matches your own viewpoint and reinforces your own beliefs. Without a shred of actual evidence.
                      No, I understand that the media can get it wrong sometimes, but to be honest they are far more often spot on than they are wrong and so they don't deserve the unbridled criticism that they get from you people who are willing to throw away your freedom along with the media in support of a would be tyrant.

Comment

It is not a logical fallacy to miss the point and arrive at a wrong conclusion?
                        No. A logical fallacy is something that is logically false about an argument. IF you don't understand an argument and come to a wrong conclusion, that is called "being wrong"

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuckles View Post

And as I made clear you have not presented a line of reasoning with facts or reasons that support your claim so I don't even know why you make the statement. If I were to follow your type of apporach I could just write "there are hard facts disputing the official statement, it is not idle rumor and innuendo". But that would also just be a statement. So try to provide some premises and reasons that you think supports your claim and then we can continue.
                          First of all, "confusing the issue" is not a formal logical fallacy. That you think it is makes me wonder if you even know what a logical fallacy is.

Anyway, when someone is accused of wrongdoing, a lack of evidence is one of the strongest possible arguments in their defense. The logic here is absurdly simple: If there is no evidence of wrongdoing, then the accused is most probably innocent.

No what's your rebuttal?

(This is where your either refute the argument with evidence, or you concede the debate. )
                          Last edited by Mountain Man; 07-25-2017, 12:48 PM.
                          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Ya know, this is amazing... Hillary went out of her way to be big buddies with the Rooskies, now anybody who talks to a Russian is a bad guy!

reset.jpg
                            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                              Ya know, this is amazing... Hillary went out of her way to be big buddies with the Rooskies, now anybody who talks to a Russian is a bad guy!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23444[/ATTACH]
                              Wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                                Ya know, this is amazing... Hillary went out of her way to be big buddies with the Rooskies, now anybody who talks to a Russian is a bad guy!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23444[/ATTACH]
                                Public meetings have been always the fare of diplomacy. Meetings like what Trump Jr, arranged are not kosher, and probably are legally an intent to conspire with a foreign government.
                                Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
                                Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
                                But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment