Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Info suggests Trump associates may have coordinated with Russians

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
    Many of the MSM outlets attempt to be impartial. The BBC is govt funded and operates under Royal Charter stipulating it remain independent and above party politics. Australia's ABC and SBS have similar. But most of the news outlets seem to make an attempt at impartiality. CNN goes overboard in this regard by providing a platform for every kook who has an opinion. The least impartial are those like Fox and Breitbart, which promote an ideological agenda.
    Okay.
    Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
      More like they knowingly report lies and manipulate the truth to benefit their corporate masters' interests (and I include Fox News on that list).
      Yet you still link to liberal papers when they say something you like. So where's your reasoning?
      Blog: Atheism and the City

If your whole worldview rests on a particular claim being true, you damn well better have evidence for it. You should have tons of evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
        How are you to know what's a fact then, if you can't name your sources and you fill your articles with "could" and "might have"?
        After the facts come out the sources will be named and we'll have the full story. This could take a while, so I'm not holding my breath.

Something is definitely going on with Trump and Russia. There is so much evidence pointing that way. We just don't know the exact details of what it is yet, or the scope of his ties to Putin's government.

If your whole worldview rests on a particular claim being true, you damn well better have evidence for it. You should have tons of evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by The Thinker View Post
          After the facts come out the sources will be named and we'll have the full story. This could take a while, so I'm not holding my breath.

Something is definitely going on with Trump and Russia. There is so much evidence pointing that way. We just don't know the exact details of what it is yet, or the scope of his ties to Putin's government.
          We don't as yet know the exact details, but there's ever increasing evidence of a 'cover-up'. Most recently in the apparent attempt to torpedo the Select Committee on Intelligence, led by the now severely compromised Devin Nunes.

Comment

Originally posted by The Stinker View Post
            Something is definitely going on with Trump and Russia. There is so much evidence pointing that way.
            There is zero evidence pointing that way. All we have are baseless rumors and vague accusations. If there was anything to this conspiracy theory, anything at all, then surely, after all these months of diligently digging, the Democrats and their allies in the media would have found something, anything that directly implicates Trump. Instead we have close Clinton ally and former acting CIA Director Michael Morell saying, "On the question of the Trump campaign conspiring with the Russians here, there is smoke, but there is no fire, at all. There's no little campfire, there's no little candle, there's no spark. And there's a lot of people looking for it." Even Obama's Director of National Intelligence, James Clapper, said, "There was no evidence whatsoever [...] of collusion between the Trump campaign and the Russians."

Sorry, guys, but there is no "there" there.
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
              There is zero evidence pointing that way. All we have are baseless rumors and vague accusations. If there was anything to this conspiracy theory, anything at all, then surely, after all these months of diligently digging, the Democrats and their allies in the media would have found something, anything that directly implicates Trump. Instead we have close Clinton ally and former acting CIA Director Michael Morell saying, "On the question of the Trump campaign conspiring with the Russians here, there is smoke, but there is no fire, at all. There's no little campfire, there's no little candle, there's no spark. And there's a lot of people looking for it." Even Obama's Director of National Intelligence, James Clapper, said, "There was no evidence whatsoever [...] of collusion between the Trump campaign and the Russians."

I have tended to agree with Morrell that Tump may be an unwitting dupe of Russia. Perhaps he was manipulated by Manafort, or perhaps Trump was merely a convenient tool to hurt Clinton and embarrass America.
              אָכֵ֕ן אַתָּ֖ה אֵ֣ל מִסְתַּתֵּ֑ר אֱלֹהֵ֥י יִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל מוֹשִֽׁיעַ׃

Comment

Originally posted by robrecht View Post
                I have tended to agree with Morrell that Tump may be an unwitting dupe of Russia.
                Yeah, that must be it.

More likely the Democrats are just pissing into the wind.

Comment

Yeah, that must be it.

More likely the Democrats are just pissing into the wind.
                  Weren't you ever embarrassed by some of things Trump has said?

Comment

Originally posted by robrecht View Post
                    Weren't you ever embarrassed by some of things Trump has said?
                    What does that have to do with Democrats falsely accusing Trump of conspiring with Russia?

Comment

They have found something. They've found plenty. Paul Manafort, Trump's former campaign manager, was on the payroll of a Russian billionaire with close ties to Putin and Manafort is suspected of laundering Russian money, and benefiting Putin to help his image in the US:

Last week, the Associated Press reported Manafort was on a $10 million-a-year consulting contract with Deripaska and promised him in a 2005 memo to influence politics and news coverage "to greatly benefit the Putin government."
                      You know, Trump, Manafort, and all the people close to Trump could just release all their tax returns to show their innocence at any time.

You're focusing on one thing: the alleged collusion with Russia over the hacking. That's merely 1 scandal of perhaps dozens of others.

It looks like you're just going to be a loyal cheer leader for Trump. Maybe I should start calling you Mountain Cuck?

Comment

You also carefully skipped over "at the time" in Clapper's quote: "There was no evidence whatsoever, at the time, of collusion between the Trump campaign and the Russians,"

That's what the whole investigation is about, finding the evidence.

Comment

What does that have to do with Democrats falsely accusing Trump of conspiring with Russia?
                          I was repeating, as a direct question to you, a part of my post that you had deleted and ignored.

As for false accusations, the FBI is currently still investigating this and has not yet concluded that they are false.

Comment

Those dang Democrats!

Whether or not Trump and his associates colluded with Russia is still under investigation. Presumably, if there was no further information to be investigated the FBI would have brought the enquiry to a close. But it hasn't. Therefore its too early to claim that Trump etc has been exonerated of collusion.

Comment

Originally posted by The Thinker View Post
                              They have found something. They've found plenty. Paul Manafort, Trump's former campaign manager, was on the payroll of a Russian billionaire with close ties to Putin and Manafort is suspected of laundering Russian money, and benefiting Putin to help his image in the US:
                              And that had... what to do with the election again?

You know, Trump, Manafort, and all the people close to Trump could just release all their tax returns to show their innocence at any time.
                              Again, what does that have to do with "election tampering"

You're focusing on one thing: the alleged collusion with Russia over the hacking. That's merely 1 scandal of perhaps dozens of others.
                              It's not a scandal. It's an imaginary witch hunt.
                              That's what
                              - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                              - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                              - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                                And that had... what to do with the election again?
                                I never said it had anything to do with it.

Again, what does that have to do with "election tampering"
                                I never said it had anything to do with it.

It's not a scandal. It's an imaginary witch hunt.
                                Oh right, we got another cheerleader for Trump here. Then Trump should have no problem releasing his tax returns and allowing independent investigations to get to the bottom of this "fake scandal." Yet he acts as if he's got something to hide.

Comment