Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Info suggests Trump associates may have coordinated with Russians

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Stinker View Post
    They have found something. They've found plenty. Paul Manafort, Trump's former campaign manager, was on the payroll of a Russian billionaire with close ties to Putin and Manafort is suspected of laundering Russian money, and benefiting Putin to help his image in the US...
    Yes, and that's the reason Manafort was unceremoniously dumped from Trump's campaign team.

You know, Trump, Manafort, and all the people close to Trump could just release all their tax returns to show their innocence at any time.
    Tax returns won't show what you're looking for, dumbass. Everything you want to know about Trump's finances has already been revealed in the legally required financial disclosure form which turned out to be a one-day story because there was nothing controversial in it.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/22/politi...ure/index.html
    Last edited by Mountain Man; 03-30-2017, 11:29 AM.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

You also carefully skipped over "at the time" in Clapper's quote: "There was no evidence whatsoever, at the time, of collusion between the Trump campaign and the Russians,"

That's what the whole investigation is about, finding the evidence.
      "At the time" means after months of digging and leaks to the press. Clapper held his position until January 20, 2017, so if there was evidence then he would have certainly known about it. Furthermore, former acting CIA Director Michael Morell who is a close Clinton ally confirmed what Clapper said: zero evidence of collusion or improper relations or whatever the latest conspiracy theory is. There is literally nothing to see here.

Comment

Originally posted by robrecht View Post
        As for false accusations, the FBI is currently still investigating this and has not yet concluded that they are false.
        Comey vaguely indicated that they are still investigating Russian interference in the election, but he never said they were investigating any supposed ties between Russia and the Trump campaign. In fact, Comey's testimony before Congress was especially gut-wrenching for liberals because they were expecting a smoking gun with Trump's fingerprints all over it, but there was nothing in Comey's testimony that even flirted with implicating the President. And did you notice how quickly the mainstream media stopped covering that story?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Cuck View Post
          Yes, and that's the reason Manafort was unceremoniously dumped from Trump's campaign team.
          Trump knew that beforehand since he asked everyone on his team to disclose their financial doings.

Tax returns won't show what you're looking for, dumbass. Everything you want to know about Trump's finances has already been revealed in the legally required financial disclosure form which turned out to be a one-day story because there was nothing controversial in it.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/22/politi...ure/index.html
          Yes they do, dumbass. Here are six things tax returns show that financial disclosures do not:

1. How much a candidate paid in taxes. Financial disclosures do not include how much a candidate paid in taxes and, thus, what their effective tax rate was.
          2. What tax breaks a candidate claimed. Financial disclosures do not list what types of tax deductions a candidate has claimed. These could range from deducting interest paid on one’s mortgage to putting a goat on a golf course to qualify for farmland tax credits.
          3. Whether a candidate has offshore accounts. Financial disclosures ask candidates to list assets but are not required to provide detailed information, so offshore accounts can be easily masked.
          4. Charitable giving. Financial disclosures do not include information on what, if anything, a candidate has given to charity.
          5. A more truthful picture. Financial disclosures are reviewed by the FEC for compliance with reporting requirements, but they are not audited for accuracy like tax returns which carry fines and possible jail time for fraud.3 Because of that, a tax return presents less of an opportunity to inflate claims of wealth.
          6. Numbers down to the cent. Financial disclosures report assets in broad ranges (e.g. $1,001 - $15,000; over $1,000,000),4 while tax returns focus on the exact dollar figure of an asset.

That's the very reason why he doesn't want to release them. If he had nothing to hide, he's happily release them. He obviously has something to hide.
          Blog: Atheism and the City

If your whole worldview rests on a particular claim being true, you damn well better have evidence for it. You should have tons of evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            Comey vaguely indicated that they are still investigating Russian interference in the election, but he never said they were investigating any supposed ties between Russia and the Trump campaign. In fact, Comey's testimony before Congress was especially gut-wrenching for liberals because they were expecting a smoking gun with Trump's fingerprints all over it, but there was nothing in Comey's testimony that even flirted with implicating the President. And did you notice how quickly the mainstream media stopped covering that story?
            Mountain Man, you really need to find a better news source. You can read the whole transcript here at the Washington Post, but I will provide this statement for you gratis:
            COMEY: Well all I can tell you is what we're investigating which includes whether there was any coordination between people associated with the Trump campaign and the Russians.
            βλέπομεν γὰρ ἄρτι δι᾿ ἐσόπτρου ἐν αἰνίγματι, τότε δὲ πρόσωπον πρὸς πρόσωπον·
            ἄρτι γινώσκω ἐκ μέρους, τότε δὲ ἐπιγνώσομαι καθὼς καὶ ἐπεγνώσθην.

אָכֵ֕ן אַתָּ֖ה אֵ֣ל מִסְתַּתֵּ֑ר אֱלֹהֵ֥י יִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל מוֹשִֽׁיעַ׃

Comment

Trump knew that beforehand since he asked everyone on his team to disclose their financial doings.

Yes they do, dumbass. Here are six things tax returns show that financial disclosures do not:

1. How much a candidate paid in taxes. Financial disclosures do not include how much a candidate paid in taxes and, thus, what their effective tax rate was.
              2. What tax breaks a candidate claimed. Financial disclosures do not list what types of tax deductions a candidate has claimed. These could range from deducting interest paid on one’s mortgage to putting a goat on a golf course to qualify for farmland tax credits.
              3. Whether a candidate has offshore accounts. Financial disclosures ask candidates to list assets but are not required to provide detailed information, so offshore accounts can be easily masked.
              4. Charitable giving. Financial disclosures do not include information on what, if anything, a candidate has given to charity.
              5. A more truthful picture. Financial disclosures are reviewed by the FEC for compliance with reporting requirements, but they are not audited for accuracy like tax returns which carry fines and possible jail time for fraud.3 Because of that, a tax return presents less of an opportunity to inflate claims of wealth.
              6. Numbers down to the cent. Financial disclosures report assets in broad ranges (e.g. $1,001 - $15,000; over $1,000,000),4 while tax returns focus on the exact dollar figure of an asset.

That's the very reason why he doesn't want to release them. If he had nothing to hide, he's happily release them. He obviously has something to hide.
              Yes, and all that AND MORE is in Trump's 90+ page financial disclosure statement. And it's public record, so go take a look if you think maybe CNN missed something.

Comment

Mountain Man, you really need to find a better news source. You can read the whole transcript here at the Washington Post, but I will provide this statement for you gratis:
                COMEY: Well all I can tell you is what we're investigating which includes whether there was any coordination between people associated with the Trump campaign and the Russians.
                Yes, that's incidental to their investigation and not the focus. Of course I don't expect liberals to appreciate the nuance.

Comment

Yes, that's incidental to their investigation and not the focus. Of course I don't expect liberals to appreciate the nuance.
                  You have such a very gracious way of admitting when you're just plain wrong.

Comment

You routinely drag out a point across multiple pages and defend the most indefensible of garbage in an effort to avoid admitting you're wrong.
                    "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
                      You routinely drag out a point across multiple pages and defend the most indefensible of garbage in an effort to avoid admitting you're wrong.
                      I always admit it when I'm wrong, as soon as it is pointed out to me.

Comment

Except I'm not wrong. The focus of their investigation is Russia and not Trump.

Comment

Except I'm not wrong. The focus of their investigation is Russia and not Trump.
                          But that's not what you said earlier, is it? Do you really need me to go back and quote you again?

Comment

But that's not what you said earlier, is it? Do you really need me to go back and quote you again?
                            I know what I said.

Comment

I know what I said.
                              Good. Then I shouldn't have to point out that you're back-peddling.

Comment

Good. Then I shouldn't have to point out that you're back-peddling.
                                I'm not, but you seem rather desperate to think I am.

Comment